llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

jedimasterben

If it's the unit listed on their website as an RO/DI 7-stage, and it matches the picture they provide, then it A) has no DI stage, or B) has no prefilters at all.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the unit listed on their website as an RO/DI 7-stage, and it matches the picture they provide, then it A) has no DI stage, or B) has no prefilters at all.

Well I replaced the DI and the prefilters myself and they are there. I have 7 filters/canisters. I won't claim to be a RODI expert though.

I can see the DI stage in the picture. Maybe it looks different then the ones you are used to?

jedimasterben

Guys chill.. all 3 of them work fine. I can attest for the canada one because I have been using it 4 years now. It still producing 0 ppm and no leaks or anything. I got it super cheap with a huge box of filters.

The install instructions were hideous though.

Customer service was AMAZING. My husband screwed up and ordered an RO drinking water one only. He contacted them and they sent everything needed to turn it into a RO/DI unit for FREE even though it was his mess up.

But yeah, just go with BRS or spectrapure so we can avoid a flame war because I doubt many have delt with aquacanada to give a fair review.

I'm all for using different or even no-name stuff as long as it is what is advertised. It is advertised as a 7-stage RO/DI system, yet has, at most, four stages.

Well I replaced the DI and the prefilters myself and they are there. I have 7 filters/canisters. I won't claim to be a RODI expert though.

I can see the DI stage in the picture. Maybe it looks different then the ones you are used to?

On their website, their 7-stage system has three canisters and one RO membrane.

FYI, you really only need one low-micron sediment filter, one low-micron carbon block, the RO membrane, and one or two DI stages. More than that only reduce pressure and cost you more money to replace.

LOL I'm not fighting anyone i'm just saying you can get BRS for around the same price because shipping is free since he's ordering the mesh. I know tons of people who use them. You'd be the first person who i've even heard of Aquacanada from. :P

Here you go. Never had problems with pressure or my filters/membrane wearing out yet in 4 years. Thats all I can say, I can't speak for others and their water/experiances. I totally back the spectra-pure and BRS one too though. I know lots of people use those with out any problems! I would have bought one of those too because many people use them on nano-reef if I wasn't given this one as a gift by a non-fish person ;)

aquanoob_zpsdb3f5bac.jpg

Florida has shit water. Lots of people from florida here, find what they are using that gives them 0ppm and buy that. That's all that matters and that's what I would have done if I had bought my own.

llama roadkill

Florida has shit water. Lots of people from florida here, find what they are using that gives them 0ppm and buy that. That's all that matters and that's what I would have done if I had bought my own.

We do have horrible water. Kind of ironic considering our plentiful aquafirs.

So, what do my fellow Floridians use? Hither bretheren!

I'm too lazy to go over the other ones but what kind of connecters do they come with? The BRS comes with a hose connector, faucet connector and the jam it into the line connector. I know some only come with one.

PLUS Features:

• Air-filled Pressure Gauge (100 psi) to help ensure the RO system is performing properly
  • Membrane Flush Kit to help maintain RO membrane
  • HM Digital Dual Inline TDS (total dissolved solids) Meter to help monitor system

I actually got the Plus...it was on sale when I bought it.

llama roadkill
PLUS Features:

• Air-filled Pressure Gauge (100 psi) to help ensure the RO system is performing properly
  • Membrane Flush Kit to help maintain RO membrane
  • HM Digital Dual Inline TDS (total dissolved solids) Meter to help monitor system

I actually got the Plus...it was on sale when I bought it.

Are those two things other than the TDS meter really important or necessary?

Are those two things other than the TDS meter really important or necessary?

Buying a separate TDS meter from BRS ends up being the same price as the value plus.

I'm in the same boat though, I need a good RO/DI system but I can't afford the spectra pure price.

llama roadkill

So here is what I am getting:

25ft of RO Tubing (so that the water can run from the bathroom sink directly into the tank while filling it)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-4-mur-lok-polyethylene-ro-tubing.html

TDS- Handheld TDS Meter

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tds-3-handheld-tds-meter-hm-digital.html

BRS 4 Stage Value RO/DI System

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

3' Long 1/4" Wide Holes BRS DIY Screen Top Kit

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/diy-aquarium-screen-top-kits-1-4-netting.html

oooo can get vortech pumps with a 20% rebate over black friday weekend ... so tempting.. :haha:omgomgomg

So very tempting, I wish I had 200 bucks to spend on a pump :angry: Thanks Obama

llama roadkill
So very tempting, I wish I had 200 bucks to spend on a pump :angry: Thanks Obama

It's okay. Obama is just a big mean man.

oooo can get vortech pumps with a 20% rebate over black friday weekend ... so tempting.. :haha:omgomgomg

Want. Want. Want. Want!

Can't have. Can't have. Can't have. Can't have. :(

Archived