20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here's Claylaleona's, another favorite of mine.

I like both but the paint makes it look nicer. I can't tell if it is black or midnight blue, though. Help?

I think her background is black.

llama roadkill
You're right, I haven't seen a decently painted blue tank ;) Even when the light isn't refracting, no background looks so amazing and clean, even if I can see the wall. BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION /disclaimer Doesn't matter because it doesn't apply to llama's tank.
Okay...I'll look up tanks with midnight blue backgrounds. Your tank and Clayla's are perfect examples of cool tanks with black backgrounds.

I think her background is black.

Trust me, people are VERY creative on this forum. VERY. I am just worried I will regret my paint choice. Please don't criticize my decision once I make one. I will second guess myself and go mad,

Thats funny cuz just lastnight no one could figure out how to hide just an overflow box........... lol

Thats funny cuz just lastnight no one could figure out how to hide just an overflow box........... lol

I just didn't like your suggestions, they aren't very natural/attractive for a minimalistic scape is all. They work nice in smaller tanks though.

Because everyone pushes black hard core, not many have the balls to do something different ;)

Maybe when someone makes a post with a good one, everyone will be blue and no one will be different or special :(

llama roadkill

How could I hod my overflow box if I wanted a blue background? You know what, it will look weird with a random return pipe "floating" in the blue background of the ocean. Black will blend my equipment in AND make my corals pop. I can't find good examples of midnight blue, sadly.

Maybe when someone makes a post with a good one, everyone will be blue and no one will be different or special :(
EQUALITY.

I just didn't like your suggestions, they aren't very natural/attractive for a minimalistic scape is all. They work nice in smaller tanks though.

Your a bigger moron then I thought if placing an island of rock infront of it wouldn't look natural (and still be minimalist), or covering it in nice corals wouldn't look attractive..... thats just plain ignorant.

llama roadkill

Your a bigger moron then I thought if placing an island of rock infront of it wouldn't look natural, or covering it in nice corals wouldn't look attractive..... thats just plain ignorant.

You're a bigger moron because you said "your" instead of "you're".

Grammar Nazis unite!

:P

Your a bigger moron then I thought if placing an island of rock infront of it wouldn't look natural, or covering it in nice corals wouldn't look attractive..... thats just plain ignorant.

I don't like tall walls of rock or GSP growing on it. I don't think GSP floating in the middle of your "blue ocean" looks natural, sorry for having a different opinion. Calling me ignorant when you can't even recognize people like different things lol :happydance:

I don't like tall walls of rock or GSP growing on it. I don't think GSP floating in the middle of your "blue ocean" looks natural, sorry for having a different opinion.

I NEVER said to put shitty ass GSP on it, I wouldn't even put that shit in my tank. Hell I wouldn't even put it in your ugly ass tank.

please-tell-me-more-thumb.jpg

You are a hoot :)

Where did I say to put gsp on it, find it and I will delete my account and leave. I would never suggest someone to put GSP, xenia or kenya tree among a few other shitty corals in anyones tank.

How about those cheap laminated paper backgrounds that are blue on one side and black on the other? Try that for a while, make up your mind and paint the outside back. Or keep the paper :P

I NEVER said to put shitty ass GSP on it, I wouldn't even put that shit in my tank. Hell I wouldn't even put it in your ugly ass tank.

Had to go back and edit to add insults.. :grouphug:

u_mad_bro___u_mad___by_artof_nothing-d4v

Nope not mad at all but I figured since you want to try to insinuate that my tank doesn't look good I would have the balls to flat out tell you what I think of your tank.... I don't get mad that easily sorry bitch :)

llama roadkill
How about those cheap laminated paper backgrounds that are blue on one side and black on the other? Try that for a while, make up your mind and paint the outside back. Or keep the paper :P

Good idea.

Hey, lets sit back and watch the battle...I see a mod coming! run!

Good idea. Hey, lets sit back and watch the battle...I see a mod coming! run!

I had a paper background on my 29, I actually liked it cause I could switch between blue and black. It looked a little cheap though haha

Here we go again. Last time I was posting here, a page or two got deleted, this thread is scary. :wacko:

llama roadkill
I'm happier then this cat:660f403353c62202094d9314343b8f5f3f4752aa
Yummy. It's awesome that they served Popsicles as well.To be honest, I like your background, but it just isn't for me. I'd like for my overflow to be hidden as much as possible.

I had a paper background on my 29, I actually liked it cause I could switch between blue and black. It looked a little cheap though haha Here we go again. Last time I was posting here, a page or two got deleted, this thread is scary. :wacko:
Lol, I might just do that for a day to see what I like more.Just hang in there. It is best to take shelter in your bathtub with a mattress over you. Hold yourself in the fetal position.

Nope not mad at all but I figured since you want to try to insinuate that my tank doesn't look good I would have the balls to flat out tell you what I think of your tank.... I don't get mad that easily sorry bitch :)

You sound pretty mad to me.

3uewqx.jpg

Yummy. It's awesome that they served Popsicles as well. To be honest, I like your background, but it just isn't for me. I'd like for my overflow to be hidden as much as possible.

So grow a set and make a decision for yourself. If you don't like mine not a big deal, I have had both and won't go back to black it isn't what everyone makes it out to be, once you have a blue background you will realize that I know I did.

But like you said before you can get creative and hide it.... you would have to hide it if you went clear too lol

Lol, I might just do that for a day to see what I like more.

It's the best way to test it out without commitment! Like samples at the ice cream shop!

Just hang in there. It is best to take shelter in your bathtub with a mattress over you. Hold yourself in the fetal position.

I've just tested out the stop, drop and roll method after getting flamed(ish). Think it'll work now? haha

Archived