Final Answer: 40B!

llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

I'm just saying what happens if one day I regret not putting paint on.

Just paint it, those temporary things are temporary and often don't last.... your much more likely to regret not painting then you will regret painting lol

I already posted pictures of my Coraline growth on pg 99 if it bothers you so much.

I don't really care my black background looks like crap to you because I am not trying to please you. You however are very upset over yours.

I'm not upset about a damn thing..... bitches be crazy lol

I don't care that you don't like my blue background. But your clearly offended because I don't like your little dark box.

The OP has already even said he likes blue better because it will make his tank look bigger, guess he isn't into tiny dark boxes either lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill

Just paint it, those temporary things are temporary and often don't last.... your much more likely to regret not painting then you will regret painting lol

I don't care that you don't like my blue background. But your clearly offended because I don't like your little dark box.

The OP has already even said he likes blue better because it will make his tank look bigger, guess he isn't into tiny dark boxes either lol

The "OP" (Me :) ) likes both backgrounds. This is like the friggin console wars. They are both great.

Get a bigger tank if it bothers you so much. I don't think your tank looks any bigger. Still looks like a 40B to me, maybe because you can look at the tang then the tank which makes it obvious. Not playing tang police.

The "OP" (Me :) ) likes both backgrounds. This is like the friggin console wars. They are both great.

Yeah and you said you were going to go with a blue background and people get their asses all chapped because they like their little dark tanks...

It all depends on the blue used, I wouldn't use some light sky blue shit yeah that looks dumb, but a nice medium blue hands down looks better in person 10000% then a dark black. It makes the tank look brighter, and bigger. Anyone that tries to claim their black background hides bright coraline or algae is smoking something crazy.

Like for ####s sake. I was just reminding him to paint it (ANY COLOR REALLY) before he sets it up to hide the cords.

Thats all I was EVER getting at.

Get a bigger tank if it bothers you so much. I don't think your tank looks any bigger. Still looks like a 40B to me, maybe because you can look at the tang then the tank which makes it obvious. Not playing tang police.

LMAO... I don't have a 40B dumbass. I've had a 180 with a black background and it didn't seem nearly as big as it was. My 70g has way more of a depth appearance to it with the blue background then the 180 did and the 180 was 6" deeper.

LMAO... I don't have a 40B dumbass. I've had a 180 with a black background and it didn't seem nearly as big as it was. My 70g has way more of a depth appearance to it with the blue background then the 180 did and the 180 was 6" deeper.

Oh, I couldn't even tell :happy:

llama roadkill

Really? Dude, just stop. You can't say your opinions but not like this.

Yeah I bet that 5" yellow tang is really making my tank look like a 40B LMAO.

I only looked at one pic and it looked like a smaller tank. I duno. I saw this pic and it looked liked a 40B when you posted it.

IMAG0458_zpsc8531494.jpg

I think a cutout might be fine if you want to be able to change it. I never had salt creep behind the tank.

And here is the previous posters 90g:

IMG_3851_zps4cc66973.jpg

Then my smaller 70g:

DSCN3611_zps61a700a2.jpg

You would have to be blind to not see the difference it makes in the brightness and depth given to the tank lol

Lol those pics are also taken with vastly different parameters other than the background color.

My 180 pic and my 70g pic are taken with the same LED lights and same camera.

Ya, thats not even a fair comparison. I would prob like blue if the box was blue too. I have heard of people painting overflow boxes with krylon before but I don't know.

88d935f420e12cb7ba7e5534cf8c11d9_zps3f2e

Nice hat!

You should buy a plastic background because that comes with both black AND blue. Then tape it to the back temperately and see which you like better. I would put the tank on the stand too. See how the wall color effects it, ect. That way you know which you like after seeing it in person.

Pics never do anything justice.

Ya, thats not even a fair comparison. I would prob like blue if the box was blue too. I have heard of people painting overflow boxes with krylon before but I don't know.

What isn't a fair comparison?

llama roadkill

Nice hat!

You should buy a plastic background because that comes with both black AND blue. Then tape it to the back temperately and see which you like better. I would put the tank on the stand too. See how the wall color effects it, ect. That way you know which you like after seeing it in person.

Good idea. And depending on which I like I can paint it if I want?

Nice hat!

There are different shades of blue, if he is going to go with the same blue as on those cheap backgrounds it would work, but if he wants a different shade of blue it doesn't work......

Also, fill it with water and put the light over the tank with both colors for a more realistic wysiwyg ;)

My 180 pic and my 70g pic are taken with the same LED lights and same camera.

Talking about ambient settings. Vastly different. And one tank looks like halides. :D

Good idea. And depending on which I like I can paint it if I want?

Yes. put masking tape on the inside to cover the holes, and tape off the plastic trim and sides to prevent having to clean up alot of over spray (although it can easily be scraped off with a razor blade from glass).

Talking about ambient settings. Vastly different. And one tank looks like halides. :D

Both of my tanks had the same LEDs at the same spacing, the 180 just had 1 more fixture then the 70g. Also, they were in the same room but across from eachother. The bigger difference was the 180 was inwall the 70 was on a stand.

Yes the 90 from the other guy looks to be halides, but that doesn't make a difference they still light the tank more similar to a panel of LEDs then t5s would... and not my fault he didn't get a clearer pic but still a black background still makes the tank look smaller and the scape itself even blends more into the background.

devilsadvocate

It really doesn't matter if you paint before or after drilling, the part that would get messed up and scratched would be hidden by not only the bulkhead but the overflow box, you would have to be seriously horrible at drilling in order to screw it up bad enough it mattered LOL

why wouldnt you want a smooth surface to put a bulk head on?

also why the #### are you splitting hairs you assblasted 12 year old. "m-m-muh blue"

Man your tank looks dark and small..... go black :wacko:

its a picture you dimwit, of course its not going to show to scale.

Thats why you should never run a heater without a controller that could have been easily prevented.......

again splitting hairs, stay mad. my tanks look way better then yours ever could.

Archived