Final Answer: 40B!

llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

Kittehhhhh! Can I paint it even though I drilled the holes? And what type of paint?

Krylon Fusion. Yes you can paint it, Just use tape and newspaper to cover all the surfaces of your tank that you don't want paint on

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
devilsadvocate

Kittehhhhh! Can I paint it even though I drilled the holes? And what type of paint?

its better to paint after you drill, the drilling would scratch the paint and you'd have to redo that part anyhow.

also, black is better.

my 40b before the crash.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/crowftw/media/IMG_1868.jpg.html'>IMG_1868.jpg

and my dads 90

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/crowftw/media/IMG_3851_zps4cc66973.jpg.html'>IMG_3851_zps4cc66973.jpg

its better to paint after you drill, the drilling would scratch the paint and you'd have to redo that part anyhow.

also, black is better.

my 40b before the crash.

IMG_1868.jpg

Tank looks great, what happened that crashed it? :(

devilsadvocate

Tank looks great, what happened that crashed it? :(

heater broke, boiled the tank. the only thing that lived was the red montipora, which is in the right hand side of my dads tank in that picture.

heater broke, boiled the tank. the only thing that lived was the red montipora, which is in the right hand side of my dads tank in that picture.

Damn :( Restart time!

I have had both black and blue. Everyone always ooed and ahhed over my blue background because it was shiny or something. IDK I never really got the allure. I have black currently and I'm fine with it, as long as it hides everything behind the tank IMO it doesn't really matter. I have black sand though, and I kinda miss white...

devilsadvocate

I think I'll put a background on so it's not permanent...cut it around the bulkheads.

your gonna get a lot of salt creep between the background and glass. also, painting is not permanent, it comes right off with a razor blade.

llama roadkill
your gonna get a lot of salt creep between the background and glass. also, painting is not permanent, it comes right off with a razor blade.

Sigh...

I'll have to tear my tank down if I end up not liking the color.

also, black is better.

my 40b before the crash.

IMG_1868.jpg

and my dads 90

IMG_3851_zps4cc66973.jpg

It really doesn't matter if you paint before or after drilling, the part that would get messed up and scratched would be hidden by not only the bulkhead but the overflow box, you would have to be seriously horrible at drilling in order to screw it up bad enough it mattered LOL

Man your tank looks dark and small..... go black :wacko:

Thats why you should never run a heater without a controller that could have been easily prevented.......

I think I'll put a background on so it's not permanent...cut it around the bulkheads.

That's what I did on my 40b. I kept it off more often than on, I just didn't like how enclosed it made the tank feel.

I never had any salt creep in it...

llama roadkill

It really doesn't matter if you paint before or after drilling, the part that would get messed up and scratched would be hidden by not only the bulkhead but the overflow box, you would have to be seriously horrible at drilling in order to screw it up bad enough it mattered LOL

Man your tank looks dark and small..... go black :wacko:

Thats why you should never run a heater without a controller that could have been easily prevented.......

Dude, his tank crashed. Let him be. It happened.

llama roadkill
That's what I did on my 40b. I kept it off more often than on, I just didn't like how enclosed it made the tank feel.

I never had any salt creep in it...

Really? I don't want to do anything permanent but what if the temporary thing sucks?!

Whats your problem? Getting offended because I have a different opinion then yours over a COLOR?!

I don't have GHA in my 40B tank. Making stuff up because you are mad?

I can look at your pics right now and see how dirty your back wall is. It just isn't for me. IT IS OKAY YOU HAVE BLUE and it is okay anyone else has blue.. but I personally don't want blue. I don't know why you are getting so butthurt.

I'm not doing anything wrong, after a week the glass gets dirty from micro algae. They make algae scrapers for it.

Bottom line: no need to be an ass because someone doesn't agree with you. This is about something so minor too that I am a bit shocked.

Here is a quote from you from your thread....... Ya the damsel is HUGE! Gotta lover her, eats GHA instead of corals..... funny you know it eats GHA but you don't have any.. ok.

I showed that picture because if you really look at it the coraline stands out way more on the black overflow box then the blue background. You were tryin to talk shit because blue shows stuff more, but that is 100% incorrect.

Here is a quick pic after I spent 5 minutes scraping the background since you don't understand the point I was making with the 1st pic....

IMAG0458_zpsc8531494.jpg

You said that you hardly get any coraline, I showed a pic of my tank when it was 3 months old and it grows coraline like crazy, if you don't get coraline growth your parameters aren't where they should be more often then not, or you have inadequate lighting..... your doing something wrong lol I can look at your pics and see your tiny little annoying coraline spots too ;)

You said you dont want to have to scrape the back glass, but sounds like you already do with an algae scraper... no different then if you have a blue or black background. I have had both and the black shows the film algae way faster then my blue background.

Bottom line, I wasn't being an ass. If you want to see what me being an ass is like that can be arranged. :)

Dude, his tank crashed. Let him be. It happened.

Sorry for giving him a tip on how to prevent that in the future, geez I am such a dick I shouldn't have told him heaters shouldn't be trusted....

But both the tanks he showed look MUCH smaller then they are. That 90 is 20g bigger then mine but looks 40g smaller because of the dark black background.

Really? I don't want to do anything permanent but what if the temporary thing sucks?!

Just pull it off. I have a piece of the backing that's black on one side and a blue gradient on the other. Sometimes I'd do black, sometimes blue, sometimes I'd just pull it off. Hell once it just fell off and I left it behind the stand for a couple months.

Here is a quote from you from your thread....... Ya the damsel is HUGE! Gotta lover her, eats GHA instead of corals..... funny you know it eats GHA but you don't have any.. ok.

I showed that picture because if you really look at it the coraline stands out way more on the black overflow box then the blue background. You were tryin to talk shit because blue shows stuff more, but that is 100% incorrect.

Here is a quick pic after I spent 5 minutes scraping the background since you don't understand the point I was making with the 1st pic....

You said that you hardly get any coraline, I showed a pic of my tank when it was 3 months old and it grows coraline like crazy, if you don't get coraline growth your parameters aren't where they should be more often then not, or you have inadequate lighting..... your doing something wrong lol I can look at your pics and see your tiny little annoying coraline spots too ;)

You said you dont want to have to scrape the back glass, but sounds like you already do with an algae scraper... no different then if you have a blue or black background. I have had both and the black shows the film algae way faster then my blue background.

Bottom line, I wasn't being an ass. If you want to see what me being an ass is like that can be arranged. :)

It ate GHA off a frag that CAME with GHA on it. Like, are you serious right now? You're this mad?

I don't like blue. Get over it. Not everyone has to agree with you. I think the black box looks like crap on top of the blue. I also like corner overflows better than ones in the center. Why don't you get mad about that too.

It ate GHA off a frag that CAME with GHA on it. Like, are you serious right now? You're this mad?

I don't like blue. Get over it. Not everyone has to agree with you. I think the black box looks like crap on top of the blue. Why don't you get mad about it.

I think its funny you think I am mad.... your the one with your panties all twisted lol

I think your tank looks like crap with the black background, I wish I could have gotten my hands on some blue acrylic at the time I would have definitely made the box blue too. I don't like black it makes the tank look small and dark.

BTW, this isn't coraline growth,

iPvvhGwpa4IXk.jpg

its coraline specks

llama roadkill
Just pull it off. I have a piece of the backing that's black on one side and a blue gradient on the other. Sometimes I'd do black, sometimes blue, sometimes I'd just pull it off. Hell once it just fell off and I left it behind the stand for a couple months.

I'm just saying what happens if one day I regret not putting paint on.

I think its funny you think I am mad.... your the one with your panties all twisted lol

I think your tank looks like crap with the black background, I wish I could have gotten my hands on some blue acrylic at the time I would have definitely made the box blue too. I don't like black it makes the tank look small and dark.

BTW, this isn't coraline growth,

its coraline specks

I already posted pictures of my Coraline growth on pg 99 if it bothers you so much.

I don't really care my black background looks like crap to you because I am not trying to please you. You can't see my awesome coralline because that black background is hiding it so well. Hell yeah!

OMG LOOK AT ALL THE GHA... no wait I guess the damsel must have ate it all :D

Archived