20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up... it leaking.. lol jk. You should make the return line shorter.. looks kind of gaudy. Mine be a pain to get off now that its installed though... so maybe not.

Don't forget to paint the back black!

Next up... it leaking.. lol jk. You should make the return line shorter.. looks kind of gaudy. Mine be a pain to get off now that its installed though... so maybe not.

Black is so 1992, go blue!!!! Blue will make the tank look bigger, and brighter. It has a more realistic look IMO. I have had both black and blue and I will never go black again.

The thing I hate about blue is the black overflow box becomes an eyesore. WTB blue overflows...

Either color is better than no color. Cords = evil.

Black is so 1992, go blue!!!! Blue will make the tank look bigger, and brighter. It has a more realistic look IMO. I have had both black and blue and I will never go black again.

The thing I hate about blue is the black overflow box becomes an eyesore. WTB blue overflows...

Either color is better than no color. Cords = evil.

You could always add corals to the overflow, or stack rock infront of it to hide it..... or add nice corals to the tank in general and its not nearly as noticeable ;)

You could always add corals to the overflow, or stack rock infront of it to hide it..... or add nice corals to the tank in general and its not nearly as noticeable ;)

Blue wall doesn't hide algae/coralline though. No way I am scraping the back wall all the time. Just doesn't do it for me, sorry :(

llama roadkill

I might...

I kinda wanted the back blue...makes it look bigger...

Blue wall doesn't hide algae/coralline though. No way I am scraping the back wall all the time. Just doesn't do it for me, sorry :(

What kind of cheap drugs do you do that make a black background hide algae or coraline?? LOL

BTW it took 5 minutes to scrape an entire back 48x18 panel every couple months, so like 3 minutes for a 40B.

What kind of drugs do you do that make a black background hide algae or coraline?? LOL

No drugs, black just hides brown better than blue.

Ive never scraped it since I set it up and it barley noticeable. I would imagine once I get enough bright pink Coraline I would have to scrape it but not nearly as often.

With blue I would have to scrape it as often as my front to hide the "brown hue" the glass gets after awhile.

Those tiny white snails are another story but since adding a coris wrasse. He is cleaning it up for me. lol

Blue is fine, but its not for me since cords/equipment/pumps/overflows, ect are all black.

No drugs, black just hides brown better than blue.

Ive never scraped it since I set it up and it barley noticeable. I would imagine once I get enough bright pink Coraline I would have to scrape it but not nearly as often.

With blue I would have to scrape it as often as my front to hide the "brown hue" the glass gets after awhile.

Those tiny white snails are another story but since adding a coris wrasse. He is cleaning it up for me. lol

I cleaned my back glass every couple months and thats it.... because coraline grows almost as fast in my tank as GHA in yours lol

3 months after the tank was set up:

DSCN2775_zps4890d789.jpg

Quite a bit of coraline growth.... but it is still more noticeable on the black box then the blue background ;)

In the 10 months my tank was up with the blue background, I never had a "brown hue", you must be doing something wrong ;)

I cleaned my back glass every couple months and thats it.... because coraline grows almost as fast in my tank as GHA in yours lol

In the 10 months my tank was up with the blue background, I never had a "brown hue", you must be doing something wrong ;)

Whats your problem? Getting offended because I have a different opinion then yours over a COLOR?!

I don't have GHA in my 40B tank. Making stuff up because you are mad?

I can look at your pics right now and see how dirty your back wall is. It just isn't for me. IT IS OKAY YOU HAVE BLUE and it is okay anyone else has blue.. but I personally don't want blue. I don't know why you are getting so butthurt.

I'm not doing anything wrong, after a week the glass gets dirty from micro algae. They make algae scrapers for it.

Bottom line: no need to be an ass because someone doesn't agree with you. This is about something so minor too that I am a bit shocked.

llama roadkill

Yeah, because of the plumbing :(

Kittehhhh!

Kittehhhhh!

Can I paint it even though I drilled the holes? And what type of paint?

Kittehhhhh! Can I paint it even though I drilled the holes? And what type of paint?

Yes ofc you can, you just need to masking tape everything off you don't want painted. I think normally people use krylon?? I think someone will chime in.

I used a water based acrylic which ofc water spillage would make it run. I just used that because I had to paint it indoors.

Archived