Final Answer: 40B!

llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

I HAVE: Skimmer: SCA 302 Return Pump: Mag 7 (Screw off Ben :P) Powerhead: Jaebo WP-25 (I will probably upgrade to MP-10 by Christmas) Overflow: Glass-Holes 700 GPH Complete Overflow Kite Return: Glass-Holes 3/4" Return Kit Light: ReefBreeders Value Fixture (I will probably upgrade to Photon24 eventually) I think that's it... I NEED: Rock (Not sure, probably ReefCleaners dry. Would I need 30 or 50 lbs for a minimalist scape?) Top: DIY BRS Screen Top Sand: CaribSea Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand (40lbs) Eggcrate for bottom. Wood for skinning. I think that's it... This is initial startup equipment. I will be getting supplements as well. Any suggestions on supplements?

I'm doubting you'll even have your tank running by Yule. Get your rock from reefrocks.net and you'll get sand free also.

Why are you putting eggcrate on the bottom? Actually i'm not sure I want to know it'll be another 30 post debate. ;)

That isn't much, you have all the expensive stuff. Get this damn tank going!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
I'm doubting you'll even have your tank running by Yule. Get your rock from reefrocks.net and you'll get sand free also.

Why are you putting eggcrate on the bottom? Actually i'm not sure I want to know it'll be another 30 post debate. ;)

That isn't much, you have all the expensive stuff. Get this damn tank going!

I'M TRYING! NOT MY DISCRETION, IT'S MY PARENTS WHO ARE HELPING ME! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I'll put eggcrate on the bottom so the rock doesn't hit the bottom pane due to burrowing...right?

I'll check out ReefRocks.

Go mow some lawns! Wait, you are in Florida...you may not have lawns depending on where you are.

Meh, put the rock on the bottom and it can't fall anywhere or just build little caves or whatever.

You can also see the rock I got from Reefrocks if you look in my tank thread. It's nice stuff.

llama roadkill
Go mow some lawns! Wait, you are in Florida...you may not have lawns depending on where you are.

Meh, put the rock on the bottom and it can't fall anywhere or just build little caves or whatever.

You can also see the rock I got from Reefrocks if you look in my tank thread. It's nice stuff.

Oh, you got ReefRocks? Cool! I'll check it out. :)

llama roadkill
Yep, and if you want a bunch of shelves, or a bunch of small pieces or a bunch of bases or whatever he'll make sure you get them.

I'm not sure...I don't like it as much as ReefCleaners...your rock does look pretty cool though...

llama roadkill
Then go with Reefcleaners, was just another option. Everybody likes their own style. I hate Tonga but most like it. lol

I hate Tonga too! :lol:

I HAVE: Skimmer: SCA 302 Return Pump: Mag 7 (Screw off Ben :P) Powerhead: Jaebo WP-25 (I will probably upgrade to MP-10 by Christmas) Overflow: Glass-Holes 700 GPH Complete Overflow Kite Return: Glass-Holes 3/4" Return Kit Light: ReefBreeders Value Fixture (I will probably upgrade to Photon24 eventually) I think that's it... I NEED: Rock (Not sure, probably ReefCleaners dry. Would I need 30 or 50 lbs for a minimalist scape?) Top: DIY BRS Screen Top Sand: CaribSea Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand (40lbs) Eggcrate for bottom. Wood for skinning. I think that's it... This is initial startup equipment. I will be getting supplements as well. Any suggestions on supplements?

20-30 lbs for in the display but buy 50 lbs so you have more shapes to choose from.

BTW is this tank even drilled and sumped, plumbed yet? I BET NOT.

llama roadkill

20-30 lbs for in the display but buy 50 lbs so you have more shapes to choose from.

BTW is this tank even drilled and sumped, plumbed yet? I BET NOT.

You'd win that bet!

Was having problems finding an algae eater for an 80g+ that I thought looked cool. Then I found this guy.

The Silver Rabbitfish has coloration that looks almost metallic. Markings like no other Rabbitfish, the Silver Foxface is certain to stand out in your community aquarium. The Silver Foxfaces ability to consume hair algae makes it an excellent choice for peaceful community aquariums. This fish isn’t only a pretty face it serves a definite function as it will gladly consume hair algae, valonia, and red turf algae. Rabbitfish are relatively peaceful and will not likely harass other peaceful tankmates.

large_10182_metallic-foxface.jpg

llama roadkill

Was having problems finding an algae eater for an 80g+ that I thought looked cool. Then I found this guy.

The Silver Rabbitfish has coloration that looks almost metallic. Markings like no other Rabbitfish, the Silver Foxface is certain to stand out in your community aquarium. The Silver Foxfaces ability to consume hair algae makes it an excellent choice for peaceful community aquariums. This fish isn’t only a pretty face it serves a definite function as it will gladly consume hair algae, valonia, and red turf algae. Rabbitfish are relatively peaceful and will not likely harass other peaceful tankmates.

large_10182_metallic-foxface.jpg

Did you post this in the wrong thread by any chance?

I want a rabbitfish... :tears:

Did you post this in the wrong thread by any chance?

I want a rabbitfish... :tears:

No, this thread is just my picture dump/dream fish thread.

llama roadkill

No, this thread is just my picture dump/dream fish thread.

Oh good. Feel free! :)

Any Rabbitfish that could work in a 40B? Or at least algae eaters that swim in the water column? (ie not Blennys)

Oh good. Feel free! :) Any Rabbitfish that could work in a 40B? Or at least algae eaters that swim in the water column? (ie not Blennys)

Eh, baby rabbitfish? Rainford's/Court Jester goby but they're small and eat mostly film algae. Another wish list fish of mine.

Oh good. Feel free! :) Any Rabbitfish that could work in a 40B? Or at least algae eaters that swim in the water column? (ie not Blennys)

I think rabbitfish get pretty big.

llama roadkill
Eh, baby rabbitfish? Rainford's/Court Jester goby but they're small and eat mostly film algae. Another wish list fish of mine.
I want one but I read that they have a low survival rate.

If I make my 56g into a salt tank again, I'm totally getting an eel.If it were larger I'd get a few soldierfish too
+1,000,000

I decided for my next tank I am picking what fish I want first THEN buying a tank big enough to hold them all. I was supposed to upgrade this spring but my husband wants to double major at his school so now I have to wait another year before we move into a house.

Here is my list:

Bundoon Blenny

Royal Gramma

Schooling Bannerfish

Black Snowflake Clownfish Pair

Blue-Spotted Jawfish

Leopard Wrasse

Bellus Angelfish

Flame Wrasse Pair or Trio

Starkii Damsel

Metallic Foxface

Neon Goby Pair

Orange-Stripe Prawn Goby

Potters Angelfish (Maybe, might eat my coral)

Lay it on me, what size tank should I get?

llama roadkill
I decided for my next tank I am picking what fish I want first THEN buying a tank big enough to hold them all. I was supposed to upgrade this spring but my husband wants to double major at his school so now I have to wait another year before we move into a house. Here is my list: Blundoon BlennyRoyal GrammaSchooling BannerfishBlack Snowflake Clownfish PairBlue-Spotted JawfishLeopard WrasseBellus AngelfishFlame Wrasse Pair or TrioStarkii DamselMetallic FoxfaceNeon Goby PairOrange-Stripe Prawn GobyPotters Angelfish (Maybe, might eat my coral) Lay it on me, what size tank should I get?
5 gallon bowfront.

Now I want a Bundoon Blenny. And a Foxface. :(

I want one but I read that they have a low survival rate.

The court jester? Yeah I've heard that as well. It normally comes from people putting them in tanks that are too small and have a robust CuC that takes care of most of their natural food.

I was in the lfs yesterday and they still have a pair in a 10 gallon display. They've been there for about a month now and both look fat and happy. Granted that 10 display is plumbed into close to 250 total gallons (ballpark).

Doesn't.... ummm... Randy have a couple in her new tank? Hold on, looking for her thread.

Yeah here you go. I don't remember for sure if she had them before the upgrade, she was in a 40b with a 40b sump, now 60 gallon DT. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/280111-candy-land-pic-and-good-news-posted/

Man, if only an 80 weren't out of reach...

Getting more experience on the 40B will be a good thing. The fish will still be here years from now.

Archived