llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

llama roadkill

Getting more experience on the 40B will be a good thing. The fish will still be here years from now.

Definetly! Plus I want some learning experience before I get into the bigger tanks. That's one reason I'm not getting a controller!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
My butterfly fish died today :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: rip

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

I'm sorry. If you don't mind me asking do you know why?

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: I'm sorry. If you don't mind me asking do you know why?

I don't mind you asking! Ask any questions you want but no I don't know why. It was being really strange, quit eating, started staying behind the rockwork, and was laying around and just breathing but not swimming really. Honestly no clue as to what happened. It was a beautiful fish, and I'm disappointed to see myself fail.

I'm sorry :(

Thank you :(

llama roadkill
I don't mind you asking! Ask any questions you want but no I don't know why. It was being really strange, quit eating, started staying behind the rockwork, and was laying around and just breathing but not swimming really. Honestly no clue as to what happened. It was a beautiful fish, and I'm disappointed to see myself fail.

Thank you :(

I know butterflies can be hard to feed sometimes...bottom line, though, so sorry for your loss. :(

How long did you have it, and what kind was it?

Little over three months and Caribbean Longsnout.

Yeah probably nothing you did or could have done to save it. Some butterflys (seems to especially be the longer nosed types as well) are pretty weird like that and just die in captivity sometimes. I know many people that have had copperbandeds for 6-9 months (myself included) and then for no reason just die, I'd guess at that time frame it was something similar..... no disease, no health issue, nothing you did..... just died. Shit happens....

That rabbit fish from the other page sure looks nice, too bad it's too big for a 40...but it's not too big for my tank! :P

And yep, butterflies are interesting to put it nicely. I would know.

llama roadkill
Someone tell me what size tank I should get for all those fish! 80g big enough or do I need to go higher?

Get my dream tank...:(...Deep Blue 80 Gallon. It'd be nice to see you have it. :)

I'm leaning towards the 80g or a 125g. Idk I'll watch the used adds, always someone getting out of the hobby here selling a tank for dirt. Maybe just get whatever I can get my claws on for the cheap. There has been a couple 125's for $100. Maybe I can snag one and store it until I move.

Someone tell me what size tank I should get for all those fish! 80g big enough or do I need to go higher?

Do something custom. Say, 300 gallons, 6" tall and the footprint of my living room.

165g 6 foot tank, $300 with plumbing and stand. This might be TOO much tank though? Lots of maintenance? 72x20x27

null_zps1500ea49.jpg

Do something custom. Say, 300 gallons, 6" tall and the footprint of my living room.

No $ for custom, I am just a college girl :tears:

165g 6 foot tank, $300 with plumbing and stand. This might be TOO much tank though? Lots of maintenance? 72x20x27

null_zps1500ea49.jpg

No $ for custom, I am just a college girl :tears:

$300 for that I'd buy it and flip it for $500.

Get a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 gallon tank and put the ocean in it

I'm leaning towards the 80g or a 125g. Idk I'll watch the used adds, always someone getting out of the hobby here selling a tank for dirt. Maybe just get whatever I can get my claws on for the cheap. There has been a couple 125's for $100. Maybe I can snag one and store it until I move.

You can get 125s cheap! And might I add, they're a very nice tank! Go big or go home! But you'll end up spending several times the cost of the tank in equipment and livestock

Nothin doing until you can swim in it!

You can get 125s cheap! And might I add, they're a very nice tank! Go big or go home! But you'll end up spending several times the cost of the tank in equipment and livestock

Nothin doing until you can swim in it!

Thoughts on the 165g one? Thinking about making an offer. Equipment cost sucks but I could prob cheap out with some WP's and an ebay skimmer.... and some reef-breeder lights.

Livestock cost is w/e

IDK though.. its kinda a far drive soooooooooo ehhhhhhh... fk :P

They would evict me from my apartment if they saw a 100g+ tank, so I can't even set anything up until I move but I think I might get one and store it. Feeling the ITCH.

Either that or a 1g pico haha :P

Thoughts on the 165g one? Thinking about making an offer. Equipment cost sucks but I could prob cheap out with some WP's and an ebay skimmer.... and some reef-breeder lights.

Livestock cost is w/e

IDK though.. its kinda a far drive soooooooooo ehhhhhhh... fk :P

I say, go as big as you can afford and accommodate! I ended up spending ~$500 for my equipment not including a light (I'm lucky and I have had a 400w MH, but I still need to upgrade) and my tank, sump stand and rocks cost $130 :o

I say, go as big as you can afford and accommodate! I ended up spending ~$500 for my equipment not including a light (I'm lucky and I have had a 400w MH, but I still need to upgrade) and my tank, sump stand and rocks cost $130 :o

That's a great deal, perhaps I will wait for a 125g to pop up. The 165g has all that nice extra gallon-age but it is kind of tall.

That's a great deal, perhaps I will wait for a 125g to pop up. The 165g has all that nice extra gallon-age but it is kind of tall.

I'd say go for the 165..I would love all that space. Put both the 40s underneath an make one a fuge and one a sump :) that's what I would do lol

Archived