1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill

And baby hedgehogs. And Morgan Freeman. Or Morgan Freeman holding baby hedgehogs. Or with baby hedgehogs on his head. Or a baby hedgehog with the head or Morgan Freeman. Or the other way around.

3QJ3Yyb.gif

Yo dawg, I heard you like Mike Rowe.

llama roadkill

Every time I come back to this thread it's less about fish and more about just...other things.

As for your background, depends on what you want to do with it. Clear looks really good with a minimalist scape and a very modern look. A darker background will give you more color contrast, but doesn't look as good with such blue light IMO. Compromise and do a dark blue.

llama roadkill
Every time I come back to this thread it's less about fish and more about just...other things.

As for your background, depends on what you want to do with it. Clear looks really good with a minimalist scape and a very modern look. A darker background will give you more color contrast, but doesn't look as good with such blue light IMO. Compromise and do a dark blue.

Well this sets me back. I will be having a minimalist scape with 2 or 3 tall "islands".

Clear with no wires and pipes looks amazing/the best. Not painting my next tank, going with corner overflow or Mame overflow on the side to avoid ugly pipes.

Well this sets me back. I will be having a minimalist scape with 2 or 3 tall "islands".

Try google, there are some awesome tanks with all the backgrounds.

I did forget that you're using an overflow, that might not look so nice with a clear background. Or maybe instead of having one of the long sections be the back, you can try using the sides as a back. Almost as if the tank itself were a peninsula. Does that make sense? It's hard to explain without pictures.

llama roadkill
Try google, there are some awesome tanks with all the backgrounds.

I did forget that you're using an overflow, that might not look so nice with a clear background. Or maybe instead of having one of the long sections be the back, you can try using the sides as a back. Almost as if the tank itself were a peninsula. Does that make sense? It's hard to explain without pictures.

Of you mean a peninsula tank, no. I have barely any room for the tank in my room!

Clear with wires looks awful, clear with no wires looks neat, best with something like an ADA quality tank

You calling my tank bad quality?! :P

In person clear never looks good unless you like wires and plumbing. I'd rather see you paint the back black then leave it clear lol

Blue is still the best option IMO, and most realistic as well as the other points I've made previously...... Anyone who has dove or even snorkeled in the ocean knows you see blue pretty much forever ;)

llama roadkill

In person clear never looks good unless you like wires and plumbing. I'd rather see you paint the back black then leave it clear lol

Blue is still the best option IMO, and most realistic as well as the other points I've made previously...... Anyone who has dove or even snorkeled in the ocean knows you see blue pretty much forever ;)

Snorkeling in the Keys was the best experience of my life. But in a small tank, blue, I don't know. Look at Kat's for example. She technically didn't paint it black, it's just a black back panel, but doesn't it really make her corals pop?

You just have to get creative. Find ways of hiding equipment, get those juices flowing!

Blue paint looks like blue paint, not the ocean.

d'Espresso has a great example of an unpainted CLEAR background. The lights give a much more natural blue than paint would.

His tank just goes to show how blue and black paint are not the best options but useful in hiding fugly cords. I love the open clean feel of my other tanks with no paint but they also don't suffer from cords or pipes.

IMG_2563.jpg

Clear does look good, but not for all scapes. I don't think my tank would look too good clear. That being said, it tanks look cleaner clear. But like I said, if you want a lot of "pop" or contrast, go with black and dial back the blue on the lights a bit.

llama roadkill

d'Espresso has a great example of an unpainted CLEAR background. The lights give a much more natural blue than paint would.

His tank just goes to show how blue and black paint are not the best options but useful in hiding fugly cords. I love the open clean feel of my other tanks with no paint but they also don't suffer from cords or pipes.

IMG_2563.jpg

His tank is one of my favorites, but he has almost no equipment with wires/noticeable objects. :(

I really don't want to paint my tank but if I have to I will.

IMG_2563.jpg

That's also a picture that pics up the lights color, in person I assure you it doesn't look like that you see the wall behind it. What that picture shows is the bulbs refracting off its surface (and bouncing off the wall into the tank) and being picked up by the camera.... not true to life ;)

If you think blue paint just looks like blue paint you have never seen a decently painted blue tank in person.

llama roadkill

And here's Claylaleona's, another favorite of mine.

Without paint:

9647443cbb09d9266ea689b8ff138de6_zpscad2

With paint:

9e936507c2bc57255f123d44155f3a12_zps0162

I like both but the paint makes it look nicer. I can't tell if it is black or midnight blue, though. Help?

His tank is one of my favorites, but he has almost no equipment with wires/noticeable objects. :( I really don't want to paint my tank but if I have to I will.

If you don't want to paint it then don't.... but you will see your wires and plumbing... no one here is creative enough to be able to hide those things or they would be able to hide an overflow box that they don't like on a blue background lol

llama roadkill

That's also a picture that pics up the lights color, in person I assure you it doesn't look like that you see the wall behind it. What that picture shows is the bulbs refracting off its surface and being picked up by the camera.... not true to life ;)

If you think blue paint just looks like blue paint you have never seen a decently painted blue tank in person.

Some people prefer blue, some prefer black. Some prefer nothing. IMO they both look amazing but I like a combination of the two, being midnight black. Not too dark but not too light.

Also, his light is so awesome. I want one one day but it will get HOT and the bulb cost...[$]__[$]

And here's Claylaleona's, another favorite of mine. Without paint: 9e936507c2bc57255f123d44155f3a12_zps0162 With paint: 9647443cbb09d9266ea689b8ff138de6_zpscad2 I like both but the paint makes it look nicer. I can't tell if it is black or midnight blue, though. Help?

I think you got those mixed up. :P

llama roadkill

If you don't want to paint it then don't.... but you will see your wires and plumbing... no one here is creative enough to be able to hide those things or they would be able to hide an overflow box that they don't like on a blue background lol

Trust me, people are VERY creative on this forum. VERY. I am just worried I will regret my paint choice. Please don't criticize my decision once I make one. I will second guess myself and go mad,

That's also a picture that pics up the lights color, in person I assure you it doesn't look like that you see the wall behind it. What that picture shows is the bulbs refracting off its surface (and bouncing off the wall into the tank) and being picked up by the camera.... not true to life ;)

You're right, I haven't seen a decently painted blue tank ;)

Even when the light isn't refracting, no background looks so amazing and clean, even if I can see the wall. BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION /disclaimer

Doesn't matter because it doesn't apply to llama's tank.

Archived