llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

devilsadvocate

So you guys don't like that one I posted? :lol: Just kidding! If I end up having extra rock I may do a contest...

its not that its terrible, its just not going to be good for coral placement or fish hiding spots.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
its not that its terrible, its just not going to be good for coral placement or fish hiding spots.

I'll chip it then. Hoping to make one look like this.

e12285e8c511a0b584d79155bb505175_zps2643

I know but I like minimalist natural looking landscapes.

Minimalist isn't natural, if you want nature grab another 50 lbs and toss it all in.... literally toss it in to because it isn't stacked pretty or organized or any of that shit..... its natural, unplanned whereever the rocks may fall ;)

llama roadkill

Fine, fine, not natural, minimalistic. I want swimming room for fish but I don't want the tank to look super cluttered. I might just order more rock. :(

llama roadkill

What do you guys think about having some little gobies, besides the neons, in the tank? Like some Red Heads, Trimmas, Green Banded, and others. I tiny ones like Neons and Trimmas because they are active in the way that they "jump" around the tank.

And I didn't include it in the list, but a Firefish will be my first fish. Easy to care for and cheap.

I tried it and they got their ass kicked even by non-aggressive fish (by other bottom dwelling gobies, jawfish, ect). They also don't look good in big tanks (hard to find them, go unnoticed) and may be a pita to feed. They thrive in smaller tanks where its easy to find food and no big fish to nip at them. Just my experience anyways. I ended up removing mine.

llama roadkill
I tried it and they got their ass kicked even by non-aggressive fish (by other bottom dwelling gobies, jawfish, ect). They also don't look that good in big tanks and may be a pita to feed. They thrive in smaller tanks where its easy to find food and no big fish to nip at them.

Okay. 1.0 suggested putting some in the fuge. I thought of 2 problems.

1. They might eat pods.

2. Shouldn't the light cycle be opposite of the DT light cycle because of something with the Macros?

Light cycle opposite will keep your pH stable. My 1 green banded ate so many fkn pods.. he was like a sixline wrasse lol The light cycle won't hurt the fish but you won't really get to enjoy them since the light is off most of the day and the fuge is on the floor/tucked away in a cabinet.

llama roadkill
Light cycle opposite will keep your pH stable. My 1 green banded ate so many fkn pods.. he was like a sixline wrasse lol The light cycle won't hurt the fish but you won't really get to enjoy them since the light is off most of the day and the fuge is on the floor/tucked away in a cabinet.

That's why I wasn't sure about putting them in. I didn't want them not being enjoyed. If only I could get an ADA 60F...:(

My diadema dottyback wiped out the pods I had in my fuge. :( I used to see tons and tons of them, now I never see any.

I'd love to see a goby tank. Nothing but gobies. There was someone who had done this in a biocube at one point, there was a video here but I don't remember who it was.

llama roadkill
My diadema dottyback wiped out the pods I had in my fuge. :( I used to see tons and tons of them, now I never see any.

I'd love to see a goby tank. Nothing but gobies. There was someone who had done this in a biocube at one point, there was a video here but I don't remember who it was.

Yes! I know which video. It was one of my favorites, but one day my favorites list was WIPED and its gone. :(

That's why I wasn't sure about putting them in. I didn't want them not being enjoyed. If only I could get an ADA 60F... :(

Doaqua 45f! IIRC they're like $50! Or a Mr Aqua bookshelf tank, you want a little one for secret santa? :)

Yes! I know which video. It was one of my favorites, but one day my favorites list was WIPED and its gone. :(

Was it this one? My memory isn't that good.

I'd love to do something similar to this.

SO MANY GOBIES! My randall's would have murdered them all. He is mean to other gobies.

SO MANY GOBIES! My randall's would have murdered them all. He is mean to other gobies.

Yeah, that's the problem sometimes.

I love gobies. Hopefully one day I can pull something like this off.

llama roadkill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGurh76aprQ'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGurh76aprQ

No...it was a 29, but that tanks awesome as well.

His parents said 1 tank only. :(

IF I get one from secret Santa I may be able to keep it....EVIL! MUHAHA!

That stinks. I love Randall's. I may get a Wheeler's then.

Yeah, that's the problem sometimes.

I love gobies. Hopefully one day I can pull something like this off.

*Hint Hint*

Secret ninja tank! lol

EXACTLY! :ninja:

No...it was a 29, but that tanks awesome as well. IF I get one from secret Santa I may be able to keep it....EVIL! MUHAHA! That stinks. I love Randall's. I may get a Wheeler's then. *Hint Hint* EXACTLY! :ninja:

A randall's will be fine in a 40B as long as you don't put tiny trimma's, ect with one. A 40B is big enough he can find his own space. Wheeler's are cool too though.

llama roadkill

A randall's will be fine in a 40B as long as you don't put tiny trimma's, ect with one. A 40B is big enough he can find his own space. Wheeler's are cool too though.

Okay, I prob won't be putting in the little gobies anyway. Maybe if I get a small tank from my Secret Santa ;) my mom will let me keep it...:)

My favs are Wheeler's, Randall's, Hi-fin Banded, and Orangespotted.

Archived