SaltCritters.com

B's Reef

jbb

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp has been running a little high in the canopy , and I'm a bit worried that the Vega's wont be able to cool properly. So , I placed and order for two 140mm computer fans to place on top of the canopy to exhaust the hot air. They are rated at 64cfm each , so they should do a pretty good job. For an added touch of awesome, I got the color changing LED version :lol: .

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/slider357/media/super%20sized%20nano/fan_zpsd75eac83.jpg.html'>fan_zpsd75eac83.jpg

I put some pricing together on a 105.... yeah, pretty sure I can't afford to even think about one!

its only expensive when you first set it up

and when you stock it

and when something breaks

and maintaining it

and....

and when you stock it

and maintaining it

and....

But not when you put the baby in it, right?

So I have been in beautiful Lubbock Texas for the last 3 days, and I come home to find one of my pipes stuck to the side of a tunze powerhead. :tears: From the looks of him, I'm thinking it just happened today.

Now for the decision to replace him or not. If they are like ponies, then its is almost pointless to add another male. Looks like I have some reading to do to see if she will pair with another.

But not when you put the baby in it, right?

yes , that is expensive too

and when you stock it

and maintaining it

and....

Yeah... I priced just a light the other day.... I think I need to play the lotto....

So I have been in beautiful Lubbock Texas for the last 3 days, and I come home to find one of my pipes stuck to the side of a tunze powerhead. :tears: From the looks of him, I'm thinking it just happened today.

Now for the decision to replace him or not. If they are like ponies, then its is almost pointless to add another male. Looks like I have some reading to do to see if she will pair with another.

That sucks. :( I know nothing about pipefish.

I need help.

I have been trying to get my dKH in line for about a week (currently sitting @ 6.16dKH). I know how to do it, and I do know the amount to dose, but I am fighting to keep my pH below 8.5. I know that pH is always the lowest in the morning , and that is usually an ideal time to dose, but I am worried that if I do dose in the morning that the pH will climb even higher by days end. I haven't checked the a.m. pH in the past few days , but I plan to do so tomorrow. Right now I am @ 8.52/3 according to my reef keeper elite, I did recalibrate it today to ensure it was reading properly.

My question is :

1. Are my fears correct about dosing in the a.m. possibly causing my pH to start out too high valid ?
  2. Are my concerns over the pH level really worth paying attention to ?
  3. What would you do ?

Thanks in advance

What product are you using to raise your alkalinity?

I haven't used anything in a week , but I was using Brightwell Reef Code B

Archived