monti spongodes
pink birdsnest
unknown green acro

Rock #2
unknown green/blue acro
green birdsnest
ponape birdsnest
red planet mini colony

They are all glued VERY close together (some touching each other) I have them acclimating at the moment, and I am thinking of moving the ones that can be easily removed from the current spot, and mounting them in my tank where I want them.

The Hawkins is right up against the spongodes (actually touching) , but I can't see a way to remove one of them without doing some decent damage. The Hawkins doesn't look to be stressed by the close neighbor, and is growing away from it, so I may leave those two alone for now until I can figure it out.

There were a few minor casualties during the transfer (small broken branch here and there) , but they have all been mounted on frag plugs and seem to be happy still.

Many of the pieces are mini colonies , while a few are still 1.5-2" frags. The Red Planet , Green Bird , Pink Bird , Digitata are all HUGE. I can't wait to get these in the tank and get some pics up.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey what are those dragon face pipes eating ? pods ? anything else ? I love those and want to get some eventually for my seahorse NPS tank. Nice.....

Hey what are those dragon face pipes eating ? pods ? anything else ? I love those and want to get some eventually for my seahorse NPS tank. Nice.....

They seem to really like Cyclops & Rotifers, but its always mixed with Rods Food (original & coral blend)

I turn off all flow for about 30-45 minutes so they can catch the food. Vortechs & Tunze seem to always win that battle for some reason

Those are all the exact way I took them , no touch up at all. I played with my lighting for what seemed like FOREVER , but those are all true to life colors . Its nice being able to dial in the lights. LOL

Very nicely done!

Thanks

Those are all the exact way I took them , no touch up at all. I played with my lighting for what seemed like FOREVER , but those are all true to life colors . Its nice being able to dial in the lights. LOL

Yeah, I miss being able to do that. Teach me to drop my DIY light in my tank. :lol:
Yeah, I miss being able to do that. Teach me to drop my DIY light in my tank. :lol:

Just secretly build another , we can tell tailes that it was on your registry .

Just secretly build another , we can tell tailes that it was on your registry .

I went way fancy with it and put waaaaaay to much time and stress in to it last time. Would have been much easier/cheaper to just buy one, :lol:

So how are those post-USPS apocalypse frags doing??

They are doing GREAT ! I will be posting some pics of them in just a bit.

So how are those post-USPS apocalypse frags doing??

Just for momma tailes. They are iPhone pics , but still pics. I am going to try and get video, but if it turns out to be crappy, then I'm not posting it.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/slider357/media/camera%20practice/image_zps8b59a616.jpeg.html'>image_zps8b59a616.jpeg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/slider357/media/camera%20practice/image_1_zpsb2f31cd1.jpeg.html'>image_1_zpsb2f31cd1.jpeg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/slider357/media/camera%20practice/image_2_zps201943a2.jpeg.html'>image_2_zps201943a2.jpeg

Current fish stock? Pipefishes are taking over my heart!

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/slider357/media/camera%20practice/image_3_zpsea2a12aa.jpeg.html'>image_3_zpsea2a12aa.jpeg

Current fish stock? Pipefishes are taking over my heart!

Tangerine Clown (had 2 , but one vanished and its still a mystery as to where it went)

Pajama Cardinal

Twin Spot (candy) Hogfish

Talbot Damsel x 2

Dragonface Pipes x 2

Yellow Watchman

Hi Fin Goby

Randall's pistol x 2

Porcelain Crab x 2

Pom Pom Crab

Serpent Star

Coral Banded Shrimp (banished to the fuge)

llama roadkill

Tangerine Clown (had 2 , but one vanished and its still a mystery as to where it went)

Pajama Cardinal

Twin Spot (candy) Hogfish

Talbot Damsel x 2

Dragonface Pipes x 2

Yellow Watchman

Hi Fin Goby

Randall's pistol x 2

Porcelain Crab x 2

Pom Pom Crab

Serpent Star

Coral Banded Shrimp (banished to the fuge)

Cool. Your Hog eat any shrimp?

Also, do you think there would be enough pods in my 40B with 40B or 55 Sump to have a Pipe and a Mandy?

Cool. Your Hog eat any shrimp? Also, do you think there would be enough pods in my 40B with 40B or 55 Sump to have a Pipe and a Mandy?

The Hog is pretty chill , its the pajama cardinal that is the A-hole of the tank.

If you are wanting to keep Pipes and/or Mandy's my advice would be to spend the cash on the ones that you know for a fact are eating frozen. My system is roughly 120g total with a 18g fuge , and I would not have taken the chance on the pipes had they not been eating frozen . I have really good luck with Rods Food & Cyclops , and plan to add Nutrimar Ova to the mix very soon.

llama roadkill

The Hog is pretty chill , its the pajama cardinal that is the A-hole of the tank.

If you are wanting to keep Pipes and/or Mandy's my advice would be to spend the cash on the ones that you know for a fact are eating frozen. My system is roughly 120g total with a 18g fuge , and I would not have taken the chance on the pipes had they not been eating frozen . I have really good luck with Rods Food & Cyclops , and plan to add Nutrimar Ova to the mix very soon.

Good advice. Wasn't planning on a Hog anyway.

Also, I won't be getting a Mandy or Pipe unless it is trained on frozen.

Archived