Cultivated Reef

B's Reef

jbb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SoooooOOoOoOOOoo

I moved my tank to my moms until I am no longer homeless . I would have taken Veng up on his offer to house the tank for me, but I was afraid that he might have a change of address right before I came to get it.

MOM - "If that thing starts to smell like fish , it has to go"

me - " :rolleyes: "

Tank arrives at her house

MOM - "It didn't look that damn big at your house"

me - "quit whining" - but in my head " :slap: :slap::slap: "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things were stirred up pretty good during the move , so I tossed 40g of tank water during the move and replaced with new. Today I will be headed to Lubbock for a week so its another 25g change, to try and dilute any nasties that might be lurking . Also took today to manually remove some nasty algae that is sprouting up. Emma says " daddy , where did all of the allagies come from ?"

There has been plenty of nutrients in the tank lately ( this started as a fist size ball on June 1, 2013)

now its approx. 17"x17"x14" brick - sale may be coming SOON

Couple of pics taken just before the move ( they are bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)

How are your Pipes doing?

Unfortunately I lost both of them . The first one (male) jumped and I couldn't figure out why , not long after the female stopped eating and the candy hog was nipping at her & chasing her all over the place (which may explain the male jumping) I moved the female to the fuge so she could be in a peaceful area and have plenty of pods to pick on , but she never would eat. She just sat in the corner and wouldn't really move.

I know that ponies that are paired up will normally do the same thing. If the mate dies , then the other will die in short time .

Once I get moved , I may try another pair in a more peaceful setting.

Is there a market for Cheato? I just trim and toss it TBH. Glad your mom found a place for your tank.

YEP , It is sold by the sandwich bag .

:bling:

ima be a bazillionaire !!!!

llama roadkill

Unfortunately I lost both of them . The first one (male) jumped and I couldn't figure out why , not long after the female stopped eating and the candy hog was nipping at her & chasing her all over the place (which may explain the male jumping) I moved the female to the fuge so she could be in a peaceful area and have plenty of pods to pick on , but she never would eat. She just sat in the corner and wouldn't really move.

I know that ponies that are paired up will normally do the same thing. If the mate dies , then the other will die in short time .

Once I get moved , I may try another pair in a more peaceful setting.

Aww, I'm so sorry.

Aww, I'm so sorry.

Thanks

I consider it to be a learning tool. My next set will most likely be a pair of Blue Stripes, but I may try a pair of dragons with them in the same tank. I know they will eat frozen pretty easily , especially the ova.

YEP , It is sold by the sandwich bag .

:bling:

ima be a bazillionaire !!!!

I could fill a few of those, but isn't it like 5$ a baggie or something? Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

I could fill a few of those, but isn't it like 5$ a baggie or something? Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Its somewhere around that price , but if I can find a local that needs/wants it , I may try to trade for a tiny frag of something.

llama roadkill

Thanks

I consider it to be a learning tool. My next set will most likely be a pair of Blue Stripes, but I may try a pair of dragons with them in the same tank. I know they will eat frozen pretty easily , especially the ova.

Are Blue Stripes easier?

Hmm.

Im not sure that either could be called "easy" . I would put them maybe in the same category as a mandarin , they aren't impossible to keep , but if you don't get them to take frozen foods they can be a real PITA . The stripes from what I have seen are more like ponies when it comes to flow , they seem to like the calmer water. Dragons on the other hand seem to take the higher flow quite well , but when feeding I made sure to turn off all pumps. They are quite slow at finding the food , and they pluck it out of the water column, so having the pumps off made it easier to make sure they were getting food.

Mine were taking small Mysis (sometimes) , bbs , Cyclops , ova , and rods food.

Its somewhere around that price , but if I can find a local that needs/wants it , I may try to trade for a tiny frag of something.

Fair enough. Just have to find a local that wants it!
llama roadkill

Im not sure that either could be called "easy" . I would put them maybe in the same category as a mandarin , they aren't impossible to keep , but if you don't get them to take frozen foods they can be a real PITA . The stripes from what I have seen are more like ponies when it comes to flow , they seem to like the calmer water. Dragons on the other hand seem to take the higher flow quite well , but when feeding I made sure to turn off all pumps. They are quite slow at finding the food , and they pluck it out of the water column, so having the pumps off made it easier to make sure they were getting food.

Mine were taking small Mysis (sometimes) , bbs , Cyclops , ova , and rods food.

So dragons are probably a better idea for me since I will have high flow.

So dragons are probably a better idea for me since I will have high flow.

With a high flow tank , dragons would probably be your only choice.

3 Poly Darth Maul - free

Yellow Acropora Suharsonoi mini colony - not free

yep I got those tonight , and will be going back tomorrow for more.

will get some pics tomorrow

Your mom got free coral? That's cool.

she absolutely hates my tank, she thinks its a total waste of money . Then when I bring up the amount of cash she spends on the plants, and flowers each year that just die at the end of summer only to be replace in the spring ... I get the death stare .

she absolutely hates my tank, she thinks its a total waste of money . Then when I bring up the amount of cash she spends on the plants, and flowers each year that just die at the end of summer only to be replace in the spring ... I get the death stare .

It's a hobby. Hobbies cost money. I always laugh when some guy who's building a race car in his garage and has 50K sunk into it tries to make fun of some guy for spending 1K on some other hobby.

It's a hobby. Hobbies cost money. I always laugh when some guy who's building a race car in his garage and has 50K sunk into it tries to make fun of some guy for spending 1K on some other hobby.

That's part of my problem . I have the tank, and a car build going. :lol:

Archived