Top Shelf Aquatics

B's Reef

jbb

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:slap:

You could turn the lights off the tree when you are not home just in case the cat decides to electrocute himself.

No worries , they are on a timer . :)

Someone once said the light haz a kat on it :huh:

How are you liking your wp25s? I ordered a WP40 last week for my 90g and I'm hoping to get away with only one pump.

They are crazy strong !!

I cant run both at the same time without causing a sand storm , and yes they were on low

They are crazy strong !!

I cant run both at the same time without causing a sand storm , and yes they were on low

Yikes. So you think I'll be ok on a low setting?

They are crazy strong !!

They are crazy strong !!

mine is on the lowest setting and in else mode . I will be turning it up a bit , but I've been sick and havent really messed with the tank lately.

I has a super crazy story about something that happened today , but I also have very sad and confusing news about my tank .

We shall start with the bad :

Part of this I know is my fault , but the other I cant figure out.

My fault - When I ordered my light from Dave I immediately placed my Vegas for sale thinking it would take some time before anyone bought them due to the higher cost of the items for sale. Well I was DEAD WRONG and they sold in maybe 2 days. That left me using a fixture that was meant for a tank MUCH smaller than what I am currently running, and it wasnt long before some of the coral started to dull from the lack of light.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not too long after that I had to move , so I had stressed coral from lack of light , and now they are being moved. The moved happened all in one day (maybe 4-6 hours total ) . I had new water already mixed at the new place. 25g of old water 75g new. Everything was doing as good as could be expected after a move , a few upset polyps here and there but nothing major.

Fast forward about 1.5 weeks

My entire red planet started to peel (tissue just rolling up and peeling away) setosa RTN (in a matter of a few hours) Green Bird solid brown with white underside (was once bright green) green pocci - brown , and one of my derasas are open but not extending (the older one is fine other than slight faded color)

So this past weekend I run a full range of tests , and the only thing out of place is the PO4 . On saturday they test at 0.20 , so I perform a 30g water change to try and knock them down a bit (also running phosguard) I then test again saturday night 0.25 . Thinking this may be an error and maybe I did a test too soon, I test again sunday 0.26 . I test again today 0.29 , so I make a new batch of saltwater and test that 0.00 .

I didnt add any new rock , or new sand , my feeding habbits are the same as they have always been but Ive never had this problem.

The one difference :

I have been using GFO up until my last change (about 3 weeks ago) I didnt have enough for a new batch so I used the phosguard that I had in my box of goodies.

With the quick rise in my test results I'm worried that I'm in BIG trouble. :(

oh , and as of today I have lost

Hawkins Echinata

Tri Color Valida

Green Digitata frag

All looked fine THIS MORNING

Regardless. A water change should bring phosphates down. The fact that it tested higher afterva water change is perplexing. When is your phosphate remover arriving?

I am picking some up tomorrow. I was going go tonight , but my super crazy story happened.

Super Crazy Story Time

So I'm standing outside in my front yard talking to a co-worker this afternoon 4:30ish when all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. This copper colored crown vitoria with like 400" rims comes flying around the corner with a cop right on his ass , Lights ,siren, the whole thing. The car pulls right up in front of us and the passenger bails out and takes off running into the backyard across the street as the driver floors it and takes off. The runner jumps a fence at the back of the yard and is gone (so I thought, more on this in a minute) As I watch the driver fly down the street he tosses something out of the window , makes a sharp right turn into someones front yard and bails. As Im turning around to go back in my house , here comes the passenger walking back down the same path he took when he ran, but this time he ducks into some bushes along the back fence line. As 5 more cops come flying down my street I flag them down and show them where the idiot decided to set up camp. With guns flying they swarm him and lock him up and find the gun he ditched over the fence , then they thank me in the process of putting him in the car - ALL WHILE STANDING IN MY EFFING FRONT YARD .

Then they have me file a statement of what I witnessed , and went down the street where the driver ditched the car.

They are still looking for the Driver :mellow:

I did later find out that they shot at another car while driving on the highway.

Archived