ReefCleaners.org

B's Reef

jbb

Need a big picture of the FTS. Maybe in sections or something. Can't see anything from this far.

Yeah I noticed after posting. I will work on it

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Kat has been on my A$$ about posting "bigger peechers" so maybe this will make her happy. They're not the best , but closer than usual.

left to right

12018018846_48ee9918f9.jpg

12017542884_d7a1f12148.jpg
12017189245_56194e6b35.jpg
12017469383_6d9c0c2730.jpg
12017536494_61696a1407.jpg
I am currently in a war with bubble algae , aptasia , and a little bit of GHA (peroxide will happen tonight) so please excuse the nasties. Also , my color looks like total crap due to WAYYYYY too little light for almost 3 months, things are slowly coming back though.

Pics are still small. :lol:

(and I'm on my laptop - my desktop screen has 4x the display area lol)

:lol:

All i have is my phone. I would have to take like 4,000,000,000,000 pics to get every inch of this thing. Guess I'll get to work.

I promised Kat a video of it later

jedimasterben

:lol:

All i have is my phone. I would have to take like 4,000,000,000,000 pics to get every inch of this thing. Guess I'll get to work.

I promised Kat a video of it later

It's been 14 minutes, so it is later.

Can you make the pics higher resolution?

Then they will open bigger on our screens.
Or is there only a set resolution on your phone?

W-

I need to raid your whiskey cabinet and maybe take some pictures while I'm over there sometime :P

:blink:

Sorry man , I am fresh out of whiskey

I will stock up though

I need to raid your whiskey cabinet and maybe take some pictures while I'm over there sometime :P

Uh, yeah lots of picture taking will occur when one is consuming copious amounts of whiskey. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

So I ran into a complete disaster with my light, and now I am about to replace almost all of the LEDs due to MY stupidity. Dave was kind enough to not call me a complete and total dumbass on the phone , and got my replacement parts out very quickly.

SO

This thread is on hold for now while I try not to butcher Dave's beautiful fixture, and I give the tank a much needed overhaul.

staytuned.png

Wtf did you do lol, LEDs are surprisingly forgiving.

I'm not sure you really want to know. Lol

I'll explain it all later when I get home.

You can text it to me if you don't want the world to know lol

Ok I have a little break so here it goes.

So I was having a problem with the fans not working (so I thought) . I didn't mention it to Dave at first thinking that possibly they were thermostatic, and just hadn't come on yet. A few days go by and they never came on so I called Dave. Dave mentions that he did get a bad batch of fans at one point and thought he had gotten past that issue, but sent me replacements just to be sure. New fans come in , I install them ... NOT WORKING. So I call Dave :

Dave : are they plugged in ?

ME : :huh:

Dave : on the opposite side of the drive housing there is a port for the fan power supply

ME : :huh: ... yeah that's not plugged in

Dave : ..................................................

ME : THEY WORK NOW

Dave (hangs up): idiot

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I go to put the fixture back together and that's when disaster strikes. In the process of sliding the internals back in I snag 3 of the arrays on a screw ripping off some of the diodes. <_<

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dave sent replacements , and now I have to replace them.

Archived