Coral Vue Hydros

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Before I just hopped in bed, I went and grabbed the gsp from that rock bucket and put it in with the corals, cleaned the fist-sized clump of hair algae from the somehow-still-alive gorgonian, and topped the tank off since I haven't done it in about a week or so and it was gurgling. Tried to clean the glass but spotty algae is thick and rock hard. Coralline is starting to encrust everything.

jedimasterben

I'll be picking it up from Morgan at the PBMAS swap at the end of the month.

It never friggin fails. I asked my wife if she'd finally help me move this damn tank outside today after I got off work so I could get the back sprayed correctly so I can get it filled back up and running, and ten minutes later I hear CRACK BOOM PSHHHHSHSHSHSHHHHHH. Friggin thunderstorm. :angry::furious::angry::furious:

ahhhhhhh.gif

angry%2520dude.gif

angry%2520hades%25202.gif

angry%2520hades.gif

And to top it all off, I realized just now that my massive GIF library in Picasa was all just changed into static JPEGs without me doing anything, so now I've gotta find all of them again and reupload them.

i%2527m%2520fine%2520i%2527m%2520cool.gi

jedimasterben

Nope, what you see is what you get :)

The bench station is the Tecnofront HardwareDock. It took me several months to find one, as when I got it they had been EOL for a year or two, and I found out that there were three left for sale in the US - all of them at a shop that was about two hours away, so I went and picked it up. It's sexy, the only thing I would change would be to have more spaces for radiators.

Nanofreak79

Cool, thanks! My kids are gamers, me not so much anymore, or when I get time. They want me to add a "glowing tower to match all there razor gear.

Your beast is way over my skill set!

jedimasterben

Nah, not really. All it is is a LOT of research to find what works well together. I use Asus or Asrock for motherboards, Asus for video cards, Intel CPUs, G.skill RAM, and the rest is whatever tickles my fancy :)

jedimasterben

Nothing right now. Tank is annihilating kneecaps on a daily basis, but I can't really do anything about since I don't really have anyone local that can help me move it except my wife, and she works and goes to school the entire week, with two days out of the week that we are both home - and consequently it has been raining every one of those days, so I cannot take the tank outside to paint it, and therefore can't get it set up.

This weekend's forecast is sun, sun, and more sun, and by god, if it rains, I'm gonna flip shit. :lol:

jedimasterben

Also - the GTX 780 is a dud. I got it to boot with the new board, but then it stopped. Glad Amazon has a great return policy, but I'm mad that I'm gonna have to take the loop apart (again) and take the block off and put it on the new card and reassemble. Ugh. I've spent way more time pissed off at this system than using it lol

Ben, maybe you can help me with an issue at work. We have three computers, the only things in common is they are used non stop( like 90% of our computers) and only those three have a program for booking large parties. It is an internet based program and tey have been either freezing or showing error messages for the past few months and making work next to impossible. Countless calls to multiple companies (internet provider, our personal help line that takes control of the computers for us remotely, the people who installed all the sales software for us) keep telling us they see no problem.). Other computers are hard wired to the same equipment that everyone else's computer is plugged into, and no other places we have contacted are having problems with the same exact program.

What could be going wrong? Could it be as simple as bandwidth? It works better at night time but still not good. This is when no one is on the computers other than 1 or two people. If it was bandwidth, wouldn't every other computer be acting up whn accessng internet?

jedimasterben

If it's a internet-based, then bandwidth wouldn't really matter as those are mostly just text, and even pictures won't really add much to that. If you think it's a bandwidth issue, go to http://speedtest.net and see what it looks like during the time when that site loads the slowest.

Do you know what the specs of the system are? You can use a tool called Speccy and it will give all the relevant info. I basically wanna know what kind of CPU it has and how much RAM. If you could take a screen shot of task manager while the program is loaded (on the 'processes' tab) that would be even better so I could know how much RAM the program is using of the total available. That is more than likely the culprit IMHO.

jedimasterben

Also, I forgot to mention that the GTX 780 I received was defective! I could get it to boot with the new mobo, but that's it, it couldn't get to Windows or anything, tested in another system (which was a big PITA with the water block) and it did the same. Got a new one from Amazon this afternoon and got it installed (didn't have to take the loop apart, SCORE!).

Whoa. Stock clock on the core is 889MHz, boost clock is 941MHz, which is 1032MHz in game (wonkiest clock system EVAR). So far, with a 62mV bump to the core, I'm at 1189 core, boost 1241, and in game is 1346! Not bad for around 40w of power extra.

Nanofreak79
Also, I forgot to mention that the GTX 780 I received was defective! I could get it to boot with the new mobo, but that's it, it couldn't get to Windows or anything, tested in another system (which was a big PITA with the water block) and it did the same. Got a new one from Amazon this afternoon and got it installed (didn't have to take the loop apart, SCORE!).

Whoa. Stock clock on the core is 889MHz, boost clock is 941MHz, which is 1032MHz in game (wonkiest clock system EVAR). So far, with a 62mV bump to the core, I'm at 1189 core, boost 1241, and in game is 1346! Not bad for around 40w of power extra.

I had to google most of that!

Archived