Innovative Marine Aquariums

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

Got a potter's angel, sixline wrasse, and chalk basslet today. The tang is NOT happy about the angel, he's been flaring up and swiping at it ever since I put it into the tank. :angry:

I fight the urge to buy a potters every time I am at my lfs, Beautiful fish, hopefully the tang gets over himself.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Any of your fish give anything a beat down with the tail? My clowns LOVE using the tail for a beating.

Well, the tang has his, uh, tang, so it can get bad fast and in a hurry if he is really mad.

Good luck with your new fish! My coral beauty and Tang used to fight and would have split/ripped fins but finally calmed down after a month or so and never seem to bicker now. Hope yours work it out.

jedimasterben

Well, the sixline is gone. Not sure what happened to it, it was at least swimming around yesterday after I put it in. Oh well, the angel is still swimming around, the tang is behaving more now. I also fished out my watchman goby from the overflow box. No clue how he got in htere, the slits are too small to fit through, and it has a tight lid. Houdini. Anyway, when I put him back in the main tank, the trigger thought it was dinnertime and tried to eat it! Grabbed it by the face and carried it around for a few seconds before spitting it back out. Meany.

Also, I dosed Coral Snow for the first time in forever. It's nice having a skimmer again if only for that one reason :) I unmounted the gyre and stirred up as much detritus as I could, which is a lot, as the big rock pile accumulates an enormous amount, need to figure something out with that. Hopefully when I get a 35w Gyre it will have the full controller that can reverse direction :P

jedimasterben

So since I killed my Bluefish (on November 16th) I have been running just the two T5 bulbs and a PAR38 over the big nem. I absolutely forgot that my LED driver boards are fully able to run without a PWM signal just by pulling a jumper, so I could have been running some of the LEDs along with the T5 for the time being. FML

Nano sapiens

A 'Coral Croucher" One my favs!

Marine Bettas are sooo nice. Wish the good lord had made an itty-bitty nano version...

So since I killed my Bluefish (on November 16th) I have been running just the two T5 bulbs and a PAR38 over the big nem. I absolutely forgot that my LED driver boards are fully able to run without a PWM signal just by pulling a jumper, so I could have been running some of the LEDs along with the T5 for the time being. FML

Howd the bluefish die? No warranty?

jedimasterben

A 'Coral Croucher" One my favs!

Marine Bettas are sooo nice. Wish the good lord had made an itty-bitty nano version...

Not to be an enabler, but they are one of the slowest growing fish around ;). Sustainable aquatics says it takes about a year to get them to saleable size (1.5").

Wait a minute.....you just bought ALL of these awesome fish?!

:D

Howd the bluefish die? No warranty?

No clue how, but I found saltwater inside it. It was at the top of the inside of my stand and away from any crevices where water could even come through.
jedimasterben

Awesome choices, especially the darts, I'm planning a few for my tank.

I hope these aren't utter pansies like the last ones. They were actually just 'cart filler' to get to free shipping. I had originally had a couple of corals in the cart, but decided against them.

I like that Croucher. Such an interesting looking fish. Take at least 40 pictures of it and post them when you get it or the earth will crash into the sun.

jedimasterben

I like that Croucher. Such an interesting looking fish. Take at least 40 pictures of it and post them when you get it or the earth will crash into the sun.

:lol:

I will definitely take 40 pics of it, but probably only one or two will turn out :)

NirvanaandTool

Nice DD order there Ben! Makin' it rain!

Love the Betta. Hope you have good luck with the croucher, I heard they can be kind of shy.

I was tempted by that tang. Thanks for ordering it and taking away that temptation :P

I will definitely take 40 pics of it, but probably only one or two will turn out :)

Then adjust your ratio. Take 1600 pictures and post the 40 good ones. Or a kitten will be microwaved on high in a non-microwave safe dish.

jedimasterben

Nice DD order there Ben! Makin' it rain!

Love the Betta. Hope you have good luck with the croucher, I heard they can be kind of shy.

I was tempted by that tang. Thanks for ordering it and taking away that temptation :P

Oh don't worry, they'll be posting more of those tangs shortly, they always do :)

Then adjust your ratio. Take 1600 pictures and post the 40 good ones. Or a kitten will be microwaved on high in a non-microwave safe dish.

nice fish man! Sorry that your bluefish crapped out - maybe water dripping down the line somehow? Like crossed wires (I know, you probably don't have any crossed wires, they are all neat and tidy, just an idea)?

jedimasterben

nice fish man! Sorry that your bluefish crapped out - maybe water dripping down the line somehow? Like crossed wires (I know, you probably don't have any crossed wires, they are all neat and tidy, just an idea)?

Bad pic, but the controller is on the very top right, directly under a 2x4.

IMG_20140831_183155455.jpg

The 2x4 in question has no water damage or even any salt residue on it, and the nearest joint was sealed with caulking when the stand was built. I have no clue what happened or how it happened, so I really don't have any clue on how to prevent it from happening again.

Archived