SaltCritters.com

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

Ah, yeah, that makes no sense how water would have gotten in. I was thinking maybe the water had come down a different line that crossed over and touched the bluefish controller line, allowing the water to get in, but that's not possible based on the layout there. Very strange...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Gravity would have prevented that. All the wires coming out of that area have drip loops. Eh. I think that when I get it fixed I'm just going to put a layer of plastic wrap over it lmao

NirvanaandTool

Oh don't worry, they'll be posting more of those tangs shortly, they always do :)

:lol:

Yea you are probably right. They have a nice Kole up right now too but I think I'd rather wait for a Tomini.

Should I be scared about my Bluefish? It's sitting away from the tank on the side of the stand but if moisture itself caused yours to fail, mine might not be too safe.

jedimasterben

Yea you are probably right. They have a nice Kole up right now too but I think I'd rather wait for a Tomini.

Should I be scared about my Bluefish? It's sitting away from the tank on the side of the stand but if moisture itself caused yours to fail, mine might not be too safe.

It wasn't moisture, otherwise it wouldn't have been salty. Somehow it dripped on it, and since the unit is open at the top for the Electric Imp card it just ran right in.

NirvanaandTool

Ah true, forgot it was salty. Well that makes me feel a little better but that still sucks for you. Haven't had any problems with the rest of your components on that board right?

jedimasterben

Ah true, forgot it was salty. Well that makes me feel a little better but that still sucks for you. Haven't had any problems with the rest of your components on that board right?

Well, the Imp card was definitely dead, so I got a replacement and got it blessed (what the BlinkUp does lol) and Spencer looked at the logs to see if he could find the problem. He said that the logs of mine matched another couple of them have been doused with saltwater, and just had to replace the IC chips on the board. He offered to fix it for me if I shipped it to him or he would ship me the ICs and I could flow the old off and the new on. I feel somewhat comfortable doing that, so I'm having him send them. Hopefully they come soon, my light will be ready very, very shortly :ninja:

So jelly of your new fish!!! I'm not sure I can handle these mysterious hints about new light goodies much longer, though. Put me out of my misery soon :)

jedimasterben

So jelly of your new fish!!! I'm not sure I can handle these mysterious hints about new light goodies much longer, though. Put me out of my misery soon :)

LOL. I kinda forgot to crosspost this from my light thread :)

FINALLY! The cat's outta the bag (and not kitty kat :P)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355869-nano-box-v3-array-lime-luxeon-t-uv/

ATI%206x39%20Sunpower%20Nanobox%20RetroF

Sunpower%20retrofit%20wiringFINAL.png

16x Luxeon T 3000K 95CRI

8x Luxeon T 4000K 85CRI

32x Luxeon T royal blue

8x Rebel blue

8x Rebel cyan

16x Rebel ES lime

16x SemiLEDs 410-420nm violet

8x LEDgroupbuy 410nm true violet

8x LEDgroupbuy 430nm hyper violet

All powered by LDD-700H (because srsly), fans powered by SCW08C-12 and will be controlled on/off via the Bluefish. I chose not to do the relays for the T5 at this time since I will be doing some testing for CoralVue and will need manual control of the ballasts - if I had a Storm X control them, then I would not be able to turn them on/off manually, as it would be hard-coded into the controller firmware without a menu option to be able to change it. Since I scrapped that idea, then I would now be able to also use the Bluefish to force on my fans (since it is able to do minimum dimming set to 5v constant) when the LEDs start to ramp up in the morning. Spencer had also linked a nifty, cheap 3-10v activated relay that I can use in the future to turn on the T5 if I want to go that route, I might be able to use the 'ramp delay' to force them to turn on later than the LEDs. I wouldn't want all four to come on at once, though, so I dunno what I'll do there. That's future Ben's problem :)

The reason for the 'extra' violets is that Dave was originally going to flow off the SemiLEDs chips and put the LEDgroupbuy chips on the PCB, but he doesn't want to do that, so he was just like #### it, I'll just add another couple drivers and put them next to the PCB. Done! :D

Jeez, Ben, if I'd known that all I had to do to get you to let the cat (not Kat) out of the bag was to ask, I would have asked months ago :lol:

This is seriously cool stuff! Can't wait to see what it looks like over the tank :bowdown:

jedimasterben

Jeez, Ben, if I'd known that all I had to do to get you to let the cat (not Kat) out of the bag was to ask, I would have asked months ago :lol:

I don't want to let kat out of the bag, I'm keeping her forever :)

This is seriously cool stuff! Can't wait to see what it looks like over the tank :bowdown:

It's gonna be boomshakalakalaka

jedimasterben

I was posting on TPT yesterday about someone wanting to mount their light 7' above their tank that is 24" tall and they'd obviously need an insanely strong light, and so I gave them some data on my 'mini cluster' I made with only five LEDs that gave 2000 PAR at 13", which would give 29 PAR at 108". It made me REALLY want to do a planted tank with a light like that lol. Some big Vero 29, tight Ledil reflectors. Mmmm, makes me giddy just thinking about it :)

NirvanaandTool

I remember those tests. That's why i left all the reflectors off my cluster for the time being. I'd be cooking things with them on.

jedimasterben

Fishies all arrived early and look good in the bags. Grabbing a quick bite and heading home to drop them in.

jedimasterben

Lies. Where is the proof?

Still acclimating. Since I did not mortar the left rock pile together, one had fallen, and when trying to re-place it, others shifted and I could not get it back like it was, and managed to knock over several corals in the process, so had to glue/epoxy stuff back together. :/

The three gudgeons are in, and I also fished out the other springers damsel from the overflow box, and the piece of shit trigger chased all of them, ate a bit of the tail of one of the gudgeons. He is ignoring everything now, but man he is being a dick. I may not be able to keep him if he continues to do that.

and the piece of shit trigger chased all of them, ate a bit of the tail of one of the gudgeons.

Sounds about right, its still fairly small to isn't it?? lol

jedimasterben

And the fish? You said something about fish? (Tapping foot impatiently)

Considering the tang is the only one out and about its kinda hard to get pics :)

Sounds about right, its still fairly small to isn't it?? lol

The powder brown actually will sometimes stick up for the smaller fish and tail slap it lol
jedimasterben

So after realizing that I have ~16" behind the tank next to the wall, I could stick a 29g or so tank in there. Just so happens I have one sitting in my closet. I also have an Aqualifter I used to user, sitting in that same closet. I ordered an Avast Marine ATO.

jedimasterben

Forgot i had a canister filter lol. Tank has tons of detritus, so I hooked the canister up, filled it with filter floss, and pulled the Gyre from the glass and held it and blasted everything. Have the Gyre running at max (DAYUM) and since I don't have sand it's not a big deal, and surprisingly everything in the tank is pretty ok with it. Also found my 1 micron filter sock and put it on the drain so it'll catch what makes it there. I also had turned the skimmer down the other day when I used some epoxy since it was about to overflow and forgot to turn it back to setting 3.5, so it had pulled basically no skimmate the past few days. Whoops :)

Archived