Pod Your Reef

BATMANS CLAM CAVE

ZephNYC

I felt sure you had gotten that orange one.

Are you going to the swap?

This one ? for $299.00 ???

oranget.jpg

I don't think its worth it really. Im still in the drawing board phase when it comes to maximas and Ide prolly loose it. Im supposed to go to the swap yea...if you go I will for sure.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimaster1138

Yeaaaa babyyyyy!!!! and here we have the pair...

clowningaroundg.jpg

I knew they hung out in/around Bertha, I didn't know they went INSIDE her mouth. That's insane. ...insanely awesome. You should publish this or something.

Do they spawn?

I knew they hung out in/around Bertha, I didn't know they went INSIDE her mouth. That's insane. ...insanely awesome. You should publish this or something.

Do they spawn?

Well, I am working on a book B), but its about seahorses. These guys have exhibited some spawning behavior, but havnt spawned yet. I do have a pair of pink skunk clowns that spawn every few weeks in my 210.

I have tarantulas, geckos, snakes, turtles, a bearded dragon, an iguana, lovebirds, pigeons, dwarf hamsters, a hedgehog, a cat and dogs.

A HEDGEHOG ???? Really ??? Awesome!! I have lovebirds too....and a rabbit, and I used to have geckos...and I do still have my 15 year old Spaniel Hershey. Oh and I still have Mertyl the turtle!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot the latest addition to my fish room. MY X WIFE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH IM NOT KIDDING! :wacko::blink:

A HEDGEHOG ???? Really ??? Awesome!! I have lovebirds too....and a rabbit, and I used to have geckos...and I do still have my 15 year old Spaniel Hershey. Oh and I still have Mertyl the turtle!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot the latest addition to my fish room. MY X WIFE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH IM NOT KIDDING! :wacko::blink:

LOL Exes are dangerous to keep! They sometimes turn on you. :lol:

I too keep loads of other creatures. I guess we are all animal lovers. You have to be in order to put in the effort it takes to keep them well.

Advanced Aquarist article on Tridacnid Squamosa.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/4/inverts

I wish James would write one specifically about Maximas. Read the whole thing...nice.

Zephs Nasuta

April 17 2012

IMG_4242.JPG

April 17, 2013

20130417_162547.jpg

DAYYYUMMM GIRL!!! That is exactly what I wanted to see!!! I take back everything I ever said about you not being able to grow acro.

jedimaster1138

Not to hijack, but how are you guys keeping your Red Planet? I've had one for a while, and honestly it kinda looks like poo. It's a single branch (PS it's a legit ORA frag) that encrusted the plug, then about an inch to 1/5 inches in either direction of the plug, across the rock. But I think it's since stopped and there is 0 vertical growth whatsoever. There's also absolutely no polyp extension. The last time I saw PE was when it was in my temp tank during the upgrade. The color is fine....a mix of pink and green.... but yeah, 0 PE and even some brown on the edges.

Right now I have it high in my tank, directly under my razors. I'm almost definitely going to lower it or get it a little off center and hope that helps but still..meh. I'm wondering if this "colony" is just kaput. But i'm also interested in where people have it in terms of relation to light and flow and if a seriously lack of PE is normal-ish.

Not to hijack, but how are you guys keeping your Red Planet? I've had one for a while, and honestly it kinda looks like poo. It's a single branch (PS it's a legit ORA frag) that encrusted the plug, then about an inch to 1/5 inches in either direction of the plug, across the rock. But I think it's since stopped and there is 0 vertical growth whatsoever. There's also absolutely no polyp extension. The last time I saw PE was when it was in my temp tank during the upgrade. The color is fine....a mix of pink and green.... but yeah, 0 PE and even some brown on the edges.

Right now I have it high in my tank, directly under my razors. I'm almost definitely going to lower it or get it a little off center and hope that helps but still..meh. I'm wondering if this "colony" is just kaput. But i'm also interested in where people have it in terms of relation to light and flow and if a seriously lack of PE is normal-ish.

Zephs red planet is this hot pink thing with bright green accent and a butterscotch stem. My frags from him looks like poo too. I have 2 frags one is a mottled purply disgusting thingee, the other is butter scotch with green accents and some red.

In high light it doesn't show polyps, in low light it shows colors and polyps but doesn't really color up for me. WTF.

True red planets are a tabling SPS That's why you're noticing more sideways growth. THis guy is right smack under a 250W, 14K halide. It does have nice green, just not very visible in this pic .As you can see full polyp expansion. I have kept these guys under various types of lighting and flow and really have to admit they did good everywhere. When I frag them I sit hem literally just inches from the surface directly to the side of a halide bulb and the color and polyp extension is always intense. I say put it in the strongest light you can with strong flow.

redplanet.jpg

Awesome coral Zeph!

Here's my contribution. Bad pics though.

April 18 2012

April182012.jpg

April 18 2013

April182013c.jpg

April 13 2012

April132012.jpg

April 18 2013

April182013j.jpg

March 19 2012

March192012.jpg

September 10 2012

September102012.jpg

Then I fragged it by cutting off portions of the cap. October 11 2012

October112012.jpg

Post fragging. October 11 2012

October112012a.jpg

It grew and I fragged it again by cutting off the entire cap. Here are the new frags now. April 18 2013

April182013e.jpg

Here's what the original toadstool looks like now. April 18 2013

April182013f.jpg

January 22 2013

January22013.jpg

April 18 2013 (the last two on the right are different zoas)

April182013a.jpg

July 3 2012

July32012.jpg

Before I fragged it for the first time. January 16 2013

January162013.jpg

Post fragging. January 26 2013

January262013.jpg

The frag. January 26 2013

January262013a.jpg

Pic after I fragged it for the second time. April 18 2013

April182013d.jpg

The second frag. April 18 2013

April182013l.jpg

The first frag now. April 18 2013

April182013k.jpg

June 19 2012

June192012.jpg

April 18 2013

April182013.jpg

January 13 2013

January132013.jpg

April 18 2013. This coral is growing at the tips but is receding from the base at the same time.

April182013h.jpg

January 22 2013

January22013a.jpg

April 18 2013

April182013i.jpg

February 23 2012

February232013.jpg

April 18 2013 (I turned this coral around)

April182013b.jpg

Finally, this is my maxima clam today, April 18 2013. I wasn't able to get shell pics before but I'm sure it grew some since I got it last June 2012.

April182013g.jpg

Herptile, your tank can only be described as lush! I love it. What growth!

Thank you for posting those shots. Wonderful. :)

Herptile, your tank can only be described as lush! I love it. What growth!

Thank you for posting those shots. Wonderful. :)

Awwww, thanks very much. :blush: Some coral have seen better days, though. Still working on that.

I just photodumped Zeph's thread so that'll be it for a long time. :lol:

Like a flying carpet....

newestd.jpg

Awwww, thanks very much. :blush: Some coral have seen better days, though. Still working on that.

I just photodumped Zeph's thread so that'll be it for a long time. :lol:

Im on the run, but nice photos!!!!!! I have some questions for you.

BATMANS CLAM CAVE !

He cant stop looking at it. I don't blam him either can I. This big Maxima just arrived today and is not fully open, but looks healthy to me. One thing I really liked is it came attached to a chunk of rock, so minimal damge during collection.

bat1hm.jpg

bat4d.jpg

bat2v.jpg

bat3q.jpg

bat8g.jpg

farmwg.jpg

bat6o.jpg

bat7.jpg

Here is a pic of my purple and gold crocea that has been in this tank for 3 months. I know it is not that long, but this is a celebration for me, after all the #$%^&*!!!! Ive been through with clams!!!!

crocea.jpg

Heres an FTS of the BATCAVE. I know it looks like sh*t, but im giving my other systems a rest and going to work on stepping this one up. Thinking about dragon faced pipefish, and of course -

MORE CLAMAGE. ALso tons of different shrooms. Shrooms do good in here.

cavecu.jpg

:lol: <--- at thread title!

I knew you would.

Archived