ReefCleaners.org

Official Mandarin and Dragonet Show off thread

metrokat

Mandarin Training  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Mandarin Fish eat Frozen?

• Yes & I trained my mandarin
    • Yes & I had nothing to do with it
    • No
  2. 2. Answer this if you have a 2nd Mandarin Fish

• Yes & I trained my mandarin
    • Yes & I had nothing to do with it
    • No
    • I don't have a second Mandy

Happy to report the little red female that I got yesterday is eating ova like a champ!

She arrived skinny so I'm hoping she fattens up quickly. I been rotating cheato full of pods into her breeder box as well.

• Like 1

This thread has convinced me that these guys can be kept well.

My GF has been trying to convince me that we should have one in the new tank I set up (solana). I am a bit concerned about getting them to eat, but I will give it a shot and only buy one that proves it can eat at the time of purchase.

• Like 1

Hey Kat did Sam come out yet? How's he doing?

Caught my little guy sleeping on friday night. Finally a good picture with his fins up. Didn't realize that he burrowed at night.

post-81273-0-86264300-1379943772_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yea that's probably like chewing a rubber band out of a dog turd...try making a live adult brine/live blackworm/Ova cocktail and see what he's got to say about that. Miss Bella and the rest of the squad would probably love that too now that I think about it lol

This is the only pic Ive gotten of mine that isnt blurred, he always moves.

Marvin Musquin.

Beautiful red boy!

I put Sam in the fuge. I panicked because he's not eating the live black worms. He's already tried to eat the flat worms in the fuge but he spit them out, they provably taste like butt.

Have you tried plain ol' ova yet? I'm 3/3 for mandy's taking ova and skipping live anything.

He's happier in the fuge, he's moving about and I threw in food although he's still not eating the black worms.

There is only the damsel for food competition and I'm pretty sure there are pods for him in the fuge to munch on.

Now what. sigh.

crazyfishgirl

He picked at Ova. :)

That's good to hear. How's he been doing lately? On a bright note, surprisingly enough, Tangerine is still alive and kicking, I never see her eating, so she must be doing it on the sly. But alive she is. A little thin, but hey, I'll take it.