SaltCritters.com

My Custom PicO

Mstefa1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andi.rahl

StevieT needed some place to put the sweedish fish.

Thank you. How come my corals look better in my frag tank then in my PicO?

Update: The brown algae has been replaced with green algae. I couldn't keep up with cleaning my glass every few hours. lol I can't see in the front of the glass it's so covered since I haven't touched it during work. lol

Lol. Do they? I just thought it looked nice. :P

Update: I've upgraded my CUC, but only because I've stolen snails & crabs from my Aquapod. The algae continued. What really made the difference was lowering the light. Now instead of having a dirty glass every few hours, It looks fine for a few days. Additionally, the zoas that were not opening have opened and even my SPS is happy with the current level of light. Even had another pod explosion.

I was hoping to get a photo or two before vacation but I can't guarantee that will happen. I work 1 more day... Thursday night and I fly out to Florida Friday evening. Any of you guys tank sitting for me? lol My Apex will watch my Aquapod, god will watch my PicO, and my cat will watch my frag tank. My neighbor will top off my frag tank with fresh RODI every other day. Other then that, she won't be doing anything else except for looking in and doing a head count. Since my goby jumped in my PicO the only fish we have is the 4 in my Aquapod. I barely ever feed them anyway so I won't even have her feed.

My wife will return from vacation b4 me (after 8 days) and toss in a few pellets. She will also check my ATO reservoirs. I'll be home 4 days after that.

My PicO looks absolutely awesome. Since turning down the light level, there is no nuisance algae and I only have to clean the glass maybe 2 a week. All of the corals are happy too. When I get home from vacation I plan on trying to raise the level just a tad. But regardless of the algae, it wasn't until I turned down the light that my new zoas opened. I plan on getting a new goby, shrimp, and probably 1 more fish when I come home from vacation.

My frag tank is still pretty brown. In fact, I plan on completely cleaning it this week before I leave and I'll see what it looks like when I come home. All the tanks are going to get a nice water change before I leave because it will probably be 2 weeks before I see the tanks again.

This morning I couldn't find my clown fish in my Aquapod but later found he jumped over the false wall again. It took about 20 minutes to get him back in the display.

I guess you can change the title now because the fish is no longer on the floor.

Thank you for pointing that out.

You should change the heading below your avatar from "Classifiedless" to "Classless". lol

Deleted User 4

Thank you for pointing that out.

You should change the heading below your avatar from "Classifiedless" to "Classless". lol

.....that can't be changed....only the mods/or Christopher Marks can modify that part....

I was "Members" but one time I was trolling with just one comment on Eddie Correa's ai nano thread telling people not to buy his ai nano's because he bought them used for $200 or less and was selling it for more lolol. I kinda regret it now ever because it was just one sentence that got me labeled "classifiedless". lolol

.....that can't be changed....only the mods/or Christopher Marks can modify that part....

I was "Members" but one time I was trolling with just one comment on Eddie Correa's ai nano thread telling people not to buy his ai nano's because he bought them used for $200 or less and was selling it for more lolol. I kinda regret it now ever because it was just one sentence that got me labeled "classifiedless". lolol

lol, I didn't realize that. lol Maybe if you paid to be a premium member...

Deleted User 4

lol, I didn't realize that. lol Maybe if you paid to be a premium member...

Yeah, I've thought about that too. How much is it anyways?

Deleted User 4

It's like $2 / month.

http://www.nano-reef.com/premium/

Worth it just for the increased storage space if you like to post photos into the gallery as well as no delays on the internal search engine.

Wow. That is worth it. I'll look into it.

So how did the frag tank turn brown? Long light hours?

Wow. That is worth it. I'll look into it.

So how did the frag tank turn brown? Long light hours?

No, I would think too much light would make it turn green. My PicO which started from the same batch of live rock started brown but eventually turned green. My frag tank just never turned green. Perhaps because I never cleaned the glass or blow off the rock. The real test will be after I clean it this week and see what it will look like when I come back.

Maybe your oldest son can help out with the maintenance? Or they going too? lolol

He's 5. lol My daughter is 9. I'm bringing them this year for the first time.

Deleted User 4

Your son is in good hands for future reef cultivating. Question is will your daughter have that potential to want to become a female reef hobbyist. Hmmm

Your son is in good hands for future reef cultivating. Question is will your daughter have that potential to want to become a female reef hobbyist. Hmmm

Watch it pedophile.

This isn't a man only hobby.

My frag tank is all cleaned up, water changed, media changed, etc

I cleaned the glass on my PicO (not that it needed it anyway) and snapped a pic. No more green! Sorry for the terrible pic. I really don't have the time to take a good photo and the sun blaring through the closed blinds in the background isn't helping things as you can see by the reflection.

DSC04258_zpsd1a2716d.jpg

Next up is a water change and media change in my PicO, followed by the same on my Aquapod.

Deleted User 4

Watch it pedophile. This isn't a man only hobby.

Just saying, it would be a special and rare occasion for both the kids to inherit the reef addiction. Just because I like kids doesn't mean I'm a pedophile...I'm not that way man. Lol

That gold torch is slick! What's the ai nano running at?

Just saying, it would be a special and rare occasion for both the kids to inherit the reef addiction. Just because I like kids doesn't mean I'm a pedophile...I'm not that way man. Lol

I know, it was how you said it though like you have a fascination for female reefers. I doubt they will become reefers. Too much work!

That gold torch is slick! What's the ai nano running at?

Acutally I think it's a hammer. I got it as a hitchhiker on some zoas like 6 months ago. Ever since I fragged it from the zoa colony it has started taking off. It seams to really like my PicO and it glows awesome under the LEDs.

I was running something like 25, 25, 25. Ever since I dropped the whites to 15 and left the blues where they were the algae stopped and the two new single polyp zoas finally opened up. I plan to adjust the light by raising the whites and reducing the blues but I don't want to mess with the status quo as it's too soon for vacation. Right now everything is happy and I hope it stays that way until I come home.

The spaghetti worms were freaky when I saw them last night. lol

eddiecorrea

It woulda been different had I paid that. But I paid $230 for one and $245 for the other. And I was selling them at $235 shipped.

Deleted User 4

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's a torch not hammer...hammer has hammer shaped tentacle tips right?That's one pricey hitchhiker lol.There are rarely any female reefers in the hobby industry. We need more!

It woulda been different had I paid that. But I paid $230 for one and $245 for the other. And I was selling them at $235 shipped.
You told us on your thread back then that you got both for less than $200 each...and you used it for a few more months?I bought mine new at $300 and I'm selling them at $240 right now lol.
eddiecorrea

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's a torch not hammer...hammer has hammer shaped tentacle tips right? That's one pricey hitchhiker lol. There are rarely any female reefers in the hobby industry. We need more!

You told us on your thread back then that you got both for less than $200 each...and you used it for a few more months? I bought mine new at $300 and I'm selling them at $240 right now lol.

I lied to you. Because you asked. Wanted to get you all butthurt. I'll show you the paypal. But I already sold them.

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's a torch not hammer...hammer has hammer shaped tentacle tips right? That's one pricey hitchhiker lol. There are rarely any female reefers in the hobby industry. We need more!

It actually looks like my frogspawn except that the frogspawn has multiple polyps on each tentacle. All so confusing. lol Looks nothing like the torches I've seen at my LFS but who knows. It looks cool though!

Archived