Coral Vue Hydros

My Custom PicO

Mstefa1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the idea! I'll add that in to my controller.

May as well sense float switches and integrate an ATO as well. Remember when your pumps shut off, your ATO needs to shut off.

You guys are slow this weekend. That's it, your cut off... I'm not posting any more pics until I get at least 10 more replies. :naughtydance:

May as well sense float switches and integrate an ATO as well. Remember when your pumps shut off, your ATO needs to shut off.

Good plan. But why would I turn off the ATO when my pumps turn off? They don't make that much of a swell, right?

And of course I had to toss a few corals into my PicO. I put 2 SPS, 1 hammer, and 2 grandis palys into my PicO. I just fed some Mysis and these guys just have only been in there an hour at best.

DSC03834_zps4162553b.jpg

DSC03837_zps1fa95f5d.jpg

Polyps are still a little shy. :)

DSC03839_zps4671ba4e.jpg

And here is my blasto eating.

DSC03830_zpscb26c8ce.jpg

Do you chop up the mysis shrimps for feeding SPS or do you feed them whole?

Good plan. But why would I turn off the ATO when my pumps turn off? They don't make that much of a swell, right?

Flow pumps need to be off to feed. If you don't shut the return pump off to feed there is way too much flow to feed in all my AIO tanks. And when you shut the return pump off it greatly influences the water level which would influence your ATO so your ATO needs to go off when your return pump is off.

And if your controlling outlets for pumps & ATOs and such you may as well turn this into a full controller.

Alot has happend in the last 7 pages i had to catch up with.

LOL, and a lot has happened, it's not just 7 pages of people BSing back & forth. ;) Thank you for following. ;)

Do you chop up the mysis shrimps for feeding SPS or do you feed them whole?

I've never known SPS to eat Mysis. Normally phyto, nano food, small things in 5 star reef bar, etc.

Wow,

Holy crap-a-mole-ae! This is looking great. I love what you did with the frag tank, and beautiful shots of the corals.

Ugh, i haven't been able to check the threads I follow lately. My apologies. Everything looks great! Corals are colorful and healthy, wonderful work! Haha the majority of pages in your thread as well as mine are us bullshitting :P Much learning for me though, thanks Matt.

Wow,

Holy crap-a-mole-ae! This is looking great. I love what you did with the frag tank, and beautiful shots of the corals.

Ugh, i haven't been able to check the threads I follow lately. My apologies. Everything looks great! Corals are colorful and healthy, wonderful work! Haha the majority of pages in your thread as well as mine are us bullshitting :P Much learning for me though, thanks Matt.

Thanks Jordon... Which is why I try to keep everybody entertained with lots of pictures.

You guys are slow this weekend. That's it, your cut off... I'm not posting any more pics until I get at least 10 more replies. :naughtydance:

Lol, almost ten....now post more pics!! :D Tank(s) look fabulous!

Nice job on the frag rack!

I used the white eggcrate and paint it black with the plastic spray paint, but it took too long to dry and it chips easily. So now I just paint it with regular black spray paint and give it a few coats of spar urathane and I'm good to go, let it dry a couple of days. I have soaked my frag rack many times in vinegar to remove corraline with no problem. I also paint my magnetic algae thingies with the same stuff.

I painted my clear overflow the same way.

Also, I started using small rocks for frag plugs. I then cut a piece of plastic chop sticks and glue it to the bottom of the rock so it fits in the frag rack. When I want to glue the plug into the tank, I just break off the chopstick and wala, no visible frag plug!

Flow pumps need to be off to feed. If you don't shut the return pump off to feed there is way too much flow to feed in all my AIO tanks. And when you shut the return pump off it greatly influences the water level which would influence your ATO so your ATO needs to go off when your return pump is off.

Thanks. I'll add that in when I get to it.

Well I picked up the bin which actually fits (lol) by the way and I thought I'd be able to show a finished product tonight however I have to go back and get a threaded extension. And I was hoping I had everything except for the float valve. :(

Another thing I believe I need to replace the alternator in my Mustang. :(

My RODI reservoir is almost done! I've assembled and leak tested but as earlier stated I need a threaded extension so that the pipe sticks out further so that the container can sit centered on the stand. Still, I took some pics for you. I don't have a float switch yet but I'm going to order one for sure.

20130413_223214_zps25f8a8d7.jpg

I can now fill gallon jugs in 30 seconds.

20130413_222330_zpsc873eacd.jpg

Oh, and of course my DI resin is exhausted... Showing 2 TDS now. :( Spending money just never ends. My baby RODI filter is under my utility sink about 6 feet away so I don't have far to travel the water line that I've already purchased.

I've got a dry basement however on occasion when the ground gets saturated I get a little moisture in this area so the stand is on feet to keep it out of any potential puddle.

Hey so if you're getting the wireless Ai director, are you also going to be getting the wireless adapter?

I don't think I have any other choice, right? At that time, I assume I would need the wireless adapter and no longer need the new controller. I'd probably sell the new controller to offset the cost of the wireless adapter & director.

That's what I'm planning on doing Matt. I plan on continuing to use AI in the future, so selling the New Controller I'm using now for the Director just makes sense (if you ever plan on controlling more then one tank.)

Sorry to hear about the DI Resin Matt. This hobby never lets us take a break lol. Especially our wallets! Filling gallons jugs in 30 seconds must be a dream though. Lookin' good all around ;)

I see. Yeah that works. Or you can swap the whole thing out for a razor.

Lol.

Why would I want to do that? Your such a trader! As IIX, you were known as the AI fanboy and now that you have a new name your a Razor fanboy... On something you don't even own! Personally I don't think the Razor is right for me... Even though I'm sure it is an excellent fixture. The full size razor is too big which wouldn't allow me to see into the top of my tank, even though it is sexy. These other guys have tops or lids or whatever on their tanks so it isn't an issue for them. And the Razor nano while it may be full spectrum, I don't think would have enough spread for my tank as I believe it is only 1 cluster if I remember correctly. Not to mention, the major selling point for me is controllability as I'm a MH fan and you can't compare AI with the Razor in terms of control.

And having full control w/o Apex is a nice thing.

Beside, you all know my next upgrade will be an AI nano vega. ;)

That's what I'm planning on doing Matt. I plan on continuing to use AI in the future, so selling the New Controller I'm using now for the Director just makes sense (if you ever plan on controlling more then one tank.)

I don't plan on controlling more then 1 tank for now as I plan on sticking with MH on my Aquapod as I love it's color and I already have the chiller. Perhaps when I tear that tank down and upgrade it to something larger... Then we would be looking at a pair of Sols or Vegas so maybe...

Until then, I'll be sticking with my nano in white. I'm wondering something... I believe in order to use the director you need the AI to be wireless. But the new controller is wireless. See where I'm going with this? So perhaps if you have the nano plugged into the new controller, it will be able to communicate with the director. It makes sense to me. If that's the case, I won't sell the controller because the only thing I would really be saving is a data cord coming from the nano to the controller and if you see how mine are covered you really can't tell the difference between 1 and 2 cords.

Some people are talking that once the director comes out, it would make sense for AI to come out with receptacle switching. I've seen a lot of requests for this. So what if you have an 8 outlet switchable receptacle that is wireless that would also communicate with the director? Now you have a basic controller! So toss in a temp probe and bam! Or why can't the vega use an infrared thermometer to sense the water temperature and send it to the director? Ok now I'm dreaming but you get the picture. I could understand why AI may want to stick with lighting however they clearly have a way into another market here.

Sorry to hear about the DI Resin Matt. This hobby never lets us take a break lol. Especially our wallets! Filling gallons jugs in 30 seconds must be a dream though. Lookin' good all around ;)

OMG for sure! I've got a little baby drinking water RO unit that I added the DI stage to. It literally only makes about 12 gallons / day so you can imagine how long it takes me to make water. I'm sure Azdesertrat after seeing this on his radar will jump in here and tell me how bad this is and that Spectrapure is the greatest gift from god but who cares! lol I didn't pay a penny for the RO unit and all it took was an add-on DI stage to bring low TDS to zero TDS. I for one feel 0 TDS is 0 TDS IMO.

Now I'm still using the original membrane after all this time and I've only changed the resin once and I think I've changed the filters twice. Perhaps when it's time for a new membrane it may be more cost effective to upgrade but until then I'm happy.

Deleted User 4

Hhahahah. :)

Very nice response haha.

Didn't expect that one coming but actually, the only reason why I'm swapping it out is because of the mounting options. I just hate the ai nano sol stock mountings now and wouldn't want to spend any more money on their ext rail kits or the wireless adapter, etc.

Also, I dislike the 2 wires...soo you're going to have to spend another $50 or more for a wireless adapter, etc..

Otherwise, I'd still keep it.

Maxspect nano razor is just one cluster, but I like that it's a built-in controller and only one wired, and has a better sturdy looking mount.

Anyways, that's just my input. And I hope you won't call me a Ai traitor even though I'm still rooting for them... They're just too pricey for me. If anything, I'm downgrading lol.

Archived