Coral Vue Hydros

My Custom PicO

Mstefa1

Not much new here. After taking the family to the beach & boardwalk yesterday, I think I'll steal the kids, head down to the Virginia / DC area, and check out the space shuttle again. It's like a 3.25 hr drive and I just did it in February. Looks like I'll be on full tank maintenance on Thursday before I go back to work.

I don't see any negative effects from the Phosphate Rx. I'll be testing my Aquapod for Phosphate when I come home and hopefully that dents the little bit of Algae I have going on in there. Be back in a few days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much has changed... until yesterday. I've done water changes on all my tanks and fragged my Aquapod. Most of the frags went into my frag tank, however some went into my PicO. With all I've done and everything I have going on I don't have the money to invest into new corals, but there is no reason to stare at an empty tank when the corals in my other are competing for space. The corals look really cool under the blues and they really do glow but I still think corals under straight actinics look unnatural even if cool. I have my company picnic today but I'll try and get pics at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

So sexy now... At least my shrimp is! Just hope I get to see it... It's hard to see on the top of the rock work with the returns up there causing very nice movement - especially since I always point one higher up so that it breaks the surface tension of the water. My LFS only had one left, but I figured I'd pick it up and see if it survives. I need it high up and away from my pistol. Likewise, I don't want it munching on my corals.

My LFS also had a sweet tail spot blenny. I really wanted it, however I didn't want another fish on the floor after I lost 2 gobies after they got spooked in the night. Anyone want to remove the top from their PicO and see if theirs jumps? At least my clown hasn't jumped.

My clown likes to "snuggle" into his corner every night, which happens to be at the very top. Every morning there is water marks on the front of the glass near his corner, needless to say I would never run topless...

My clown likes to "snuggle" into his corner every night, which happens to be at the very top. Every morning there is water marks on the front of the glass near his corner, needless to say I would never run topless...

What's the point of going rimless if your not running topless then? With this custom tank, I'd rather run topless and keep it looking sexy then drop a lid over the top. I've had my clown for awhile now with no issues. He snuggles in his cave. Often I see him hanging out with my pistol when it's on the prowl.

Oh sweet, you have a gold stripped maroon as well as I do.

Very cool fella... One of my favorites.

It's not a big deal to me, when I'm at work or asleep the top is on, when I'm home I take it off. I get to enjoy the beauty of my picO but at the same time don't have to worry about jumpers when I'm away.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Topless is the only way to go. Reefs are supposed to be works of art, tops are ugly.

Yaaaaaaaaaa not coo, 'less ya lose ya top!

I can't believe my pistol didn't take out my sexy. The sexy shrimp was right outside his den. The pistol popped out a few times, but didn't even snap at him. I thought my pistol was getting a $13 snack.

I can't believe my pistol didn't take out my sexy. The sexy shrimp was right outside his den. The pistol popped out a few times, but didn't even snap at him. I thought my pistol was getting a $13 snack.

Lucky you! I watched my pistol pop my peppermint last night and drag it into his cave. That bastard...

It's about time I post a few new photos here. Keep in mind that most corals were fragged from my other tank and are just growing out.

Here's a full shot... One of my favorite angles.

DSC04287_zpsdcb61cfb.jpg

This is what I get to see each and every day!

DSC04292_zpsea04effe.jpg

Oh yeah, she is looking pretty!

DSC04293_zps3c088e5e.jpg

Macro of a shroom in the moonlight.

DSC04301_zps9c496dc7.jpg

I just picked this jewl up today at my LFS.

DSC04295_zps77057033.jpg

Some kind of Fungi coral. It actually gets greener in color but very cool to look at.

DSC04298_zps456a97c4.jpg

Frogspawn and torch coral. Remember, I received this torch as a little spec hitchhiker in a zoa colony. These are actual colors I see just after the whites start to go down in the afternoon. I think it's pretty sweet.

DSC04328_zps109d4671.jpg

Up close with my torch.

DSC04305_zps0407814c.jpg

Always been a sucker for a sexy grandis paly.

DSC04311_zps4c7b60cb.jpg

Did somebody say paly?

DSC04316_zps8e370670.jpg

Here's my plate I snagged from my Aquapod. He doesn't seem to be doing as good in the Aquapod so I brought him over to the PicO to nurse him back. He looks nice under the LEDs!

DSC04322_zpsa55c9b9e.jpg

Sorry, no pics of my clown or my Pistol. They must be sleeping for the night. I also can't find my sexy shrimp. He ate some Mysis and retired for the evening.

Happy Reefing!

I run topless and my TSB has been through some pretty stressful situations lately with the ich and copper treatment. I wouldn't think he will jump, guy likes to stay real close to hardscape. Only time I see him swimming in the open is to eat off back wall. I say you should go for it, one of my favorite fish for sure. I saw a barnacle blenny for cheap at the LFS today, if I wasn't going fallow right now I might have picked him up and tried to house both.

Tanks looking really good, love the lime green in the torch. I would suggest moving the unID'd fungiid off the rockwork, the tissue on the bottom could tear or get irritated by the rocks during regular expand/deflate behavior.

The grandis paly is nuts, didn't really get the perspective until I looked closer at the picture with it in the background. Love the nuke greens too - all good choices my man.

Several changes coming today.... First I picked up a 200g box of reef crystals for about 40 bucks during a huge sale at my fish place. I've been using Red Sea Pro, but since I ran out I figures I would try something new. I also picked up a new scraper to help clean the tank. And I had to get more Revive as I was out of coral dip.

I also picked up a tail spot blenny. My wife keeps telling me he is going to end up on the floor in the morning but I hope not! Lastly, I picked up a small long spined urchin. I know your all saying what the hell but he just looks so cool. Besides, my wife kept checking out his but which glows red and looks funny. lol I only plan on keeping him for a few months until he grows bigger so I don't need to hear about being cruel. Besides, he will probably pay me back with a nice sting one day anyway. lol.

I changed my lights so that the RB stayed at 1% throughout the night so that the TSB doesn't get spooked and jump. I checked up on him to see how he is doing and I found him up against the overflow intake. I touched him and he swam away, but I fear the worst for him. It sucks, because he looked so great at the shop. We will see what happens.

That frogspawn and torch are amazing pieces. Fantastic bright colours.

Frogspawn came from my Aquapod and the colors under LED are more vibrant then MH. It's a trade off really because my MH is much more natural when taking in the tank as a whole picture however the royal blues from the LEDs really makes the corals glow. Thank you for following!

Frogspawn came from my Aquapod and the colors under LED are more vibrant then MH. It's a trade off really because my MH is much more natural when taking in the tank as a whole picture however the royal blues from the LEDs really makes the corals glow. Thank you for following!

No problem! I like what I see :D.

My TSB likes to perch on my return nozzle sometimes and has never tried jumping.

Maybe I misread the post, is he not looking healthy or are you worried about him jumping?

My TSB likes to perch on my return nozzle sometimes and has never tried jumping.

Maybe I misread the post, is he not looking healthy or are you worried about him jumping?

Both. I'm worried about him jumping because I've had 2 gobies jump.

As far as him being healthy... He was active in the store but isn't very active at home. He stays in the back corner of the tank and really doesn't move. I was concerned about his health because when I checked up on him last night I found him stuck to the overflow intake and I thought he was dead. Fortunately, as soon as I touched him he swam back to his corner. I guess time will tell. Nothing else is bothering the fish in the tank.

Archived