Pod Your Reef

My Custom PicO

Mstefa1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

Can we see the socks you're going to wear with these shoez? Need to see the whole ensemble actually.

:haha: They are actually a little lighter in color then the picture depicts because I snapped the flash on my phone to get the glow. But these will look nice at the gym.

Any of you guys and gals ride bike? (actual bike, not motorcycle)

About 3 years ago I bought my wife a Trek 7000 hybrid that she loves. Now that the kids are getting older, it was time to get my own bile so we can ride together.

I picked out a Trek Verve 4 which is also a hybrid. It should be ready for pickup Tuesday morning when I get done work for the week.

51993_zpsb97ea924.png

It should be a great bike for the mostly paved trails on the Schuylkill River Trail, which is about 130 miles which I'm right in the middle of. There I go again, blowing my reefing budget. lol

Also, my wife took this pic this morning of my little guy on his first day of school! The pic is a little blurry but he is so excited.

school_zpsda550f54.jpg

Deleted User 4

No such thing as flashy shoes for ther gym.

Really?? Because I have seen black or basic looking shoes for the gym....

Your kid is taller than everyone else there. That's a good sign.

Remember everyone has their own opinion lol

Also, my wife took this pic this morning of my little guy on his first day of school! The pic is a little blurry but he is so excited.

school_zpsda550f54.jpg

Im diggin his vest.

Deleted User 4

Yeah I know. But that shoe is flashy. The colors are hella bright. Everyone can't say it isn't flashy....that's normal.

The bright colors are so I can' easily get attention when I drop the barbell on my neck. lol

Your kid is taller than everyone else there. That's a good sign.

My wife is tall so both my kids are. He is only 5 just starting kindergarten.

Im diggin his vest.

Thanks, I picked it out!

Deleted User 4

The bright colors are so I can' easily get attention when I drop the barbell on my neck. lol

My wife is tall so both my kids are. He is only 5 just starting kindergarten.

Thanks, I picked it out!

Lolol smart. I mean flashy isn't a bad thing. Some people like flashy colors and some don't. All I said was your shoe being the flashy type. I don't see anything wrong with that statement lol.

I see. Taller is better imo.

My brave little sexy came down to opening of my pistol's den to steal some food. The pistol came out and stared him down for a minute but the sexy slowly crawled away stealing a meal.

• 4 weeks later...

Little update here... I've been slowly increasing my light the past few weeks. While everything seams to be doing really well, I have some green palys on the very left that have been slowly loosing color and not readily taking food. These palys were fragged from my Aquapod and under indirect MH lighting all the way at the bottom they flourish. This signals to me that I'm not getting enough light and / or spread. Today I've raised the light up an inch+ so now it's about 8.75 - 9" above the water line (don't know exact yet because I removed water to acclimate some additions and haven't replenished because waiting to water change later). In addition, I've changed my controller so that it gives me 1 hr of more intense light. My frag guy always does this on his tanks so I thought I'd give it a try.

Today I went to That Pet Place (largest pet store in the world they claim) and they were having the NCPARS frag swap. I didn't go into the swap because I'm a member of DVRC and I didn't have the $10 cash to get into the swap. Still, I picked up a few goodies. with my 30% off coupon on all livestock. I got another zoa frag, 2 more sexies, and a 2 spot goby. What I didn't know was their potential difficulty in care. I've never seen one before and I figured I couldn't go wrong with a goby so I neglected to research him before I bought him. Oh well, he's mine now. If you have a problem with him then go complain to all the people that keep a mandarin successfully in a nano. BTW, this also puts me at 3 fish in my PicO that I rarely feed.

In other news, it seams that my dendro has doubled the length of his base, and it appears that I now have a second head. Or if it's not a second head it's the largest aiptasia I've ever had in my tank growing at it's base. Hard to tell because it hasn't colored up yet but I'm almost positive it's a second head. What makes it hard to see is that it's on the back side of the original head and its in the cave.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - I think over the past 3 days the 2 spot goby is gone. I haven't found him so either he is in good hiding or a goner. Either way, I expected it eventually since I made the purchase without doing my research. Anyway, the higher levels of lighting are paying off. My SPS is coloring up more. My tank is still getting used to it because I have a slightly elevated level of growth on the glass.

It was time that I beefed up my cleanup crew on all my tanks so I ordered a small 30g or so cleaner package from Reef Cleaners. I've ordered from them a very long time ago so I'm sure I'll be happy with my purchase. I plan on splitting the order between my 3 tanks to beef up my existing crew. I also ordered some chaeto to replace the chaeto in my Aquapod fuge that has cotton candy.

I've also gone to my LFS yesterday and picked up a few goodies. I've picked up a cool millepora that looks like a pineapple from the top looking down as well as some unusual unidentified acro that has a nice blue glow to it. Finally, I picked up a small purple acan frag that I wanted because I lost my cool acan in my other tank.

Been a lot going on... barely got everything in yesterday before the Halloween parade. And I'm at the gym now and have to work long hours next 4 days... I'll get them up soon I promise. I also moved my gonipora that was struggling in my other tank to my pico.

My ReefCleaners.org order arrived yesterday and all is well... But then again I expected it to be considering I had no problems when I ordered from them last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived