inTank Media Baskets

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sucks to hear about the heater dude. i hope you didnt lose any critters. hopefully now this will turn around and make things better for you and the tank

lost two starfish, 2 chitons, urchin and royal gramma is on the way out. bunch of snails as well but who cares. they do nothing.

Also, such horrible timing, but this is being del'd tomorrow.

CHROMIS PE
GOLD SUPERNOVA
PPE DARK PHOENIX
PURPLE FUZZY Gorgonian Sea Fan PHOTOSYNTHETIC
YELLOW Scroll Pagoda Turbinaria
NEON GREEN STAR Polyps
KNOCKOUT KO Nightmare
PPE PINK LEMONADE
WOW WOWBEGONG
PINK ARMOR OF GOD
RED HOTS CHERRY
WoW BLUE GALAXY PE PPE
RED HORNET
MEAN GREEN.

such is life.

looking good! I need some gorgs myself! i think i will pick some up soon

All my recent purchases came from Morgan/ReefGardener.

here's the gorg. no one else was interested...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PURPLE-FUZZY-Gorgonian-Sea-Fan-PHOTOSYNTHETIC-SPS-Chalice-Acan-Zoas-Live-Coral-/130988732946?ViewItem=&item=130988732946&nma=true&si=%252FumJJUZiIyED%252FeW9KMOITIfelfQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

LA has them for $40, so I feel I made out.

ok awesome, Morgan is actually close to my parent's house. I will definitely check her out soon

Yet another reason I don't use heaters :)

But, I don't actually need them, I'd imagine up there in PA you need them.

I'm further south than you... How cold does your tank stay? I mean I keep mine at 80F but most livestock info I read about is fine at 70-78F I was thinking that colder might be better for the corals..being a noob I'm scared to experiment..

Have you tried polyfilter to see if that heater left anything nasty in the water?

It's possible it damaged the biofilter so I might add Prime as an ammonia detox for a while, plus it might help with any metal content in the water.

I'm further south than you... How cold does your tank stay? I mean I keep mine at 80F but most livestock info I read about is fine at 70-78F I was thinking that colder might be better for the corals..being a noob I'm scared to experiment..

This is over a weeks time.

temp.png

Ben, that is super shitty :(

Corals do like "hotter temps". If watertemp dips below 68, they can't calcify! Higher temps cause for high metabolism and dastee growth. But it does mean you have to have good lights and possibly even broadcast feed your tank.

Sorry Ben. :( We use Frontline applied to the middle of the back, near the neck. Lasts a month, and rather expensive. If I have to apply it I stay out of the tanks for a day. I'm also paranoid about some of the mosquito repellent we use. One of these days I figure I'll forget and nuke something.

Archived