inTank Media Baskets

12.3 Gallons of zoas!

eddiecorrea

You can get some shorter 10-32 bolts to raise the light a bit more for more spead. I would think youd use the arm on the longer wall so that the pucks were parallel with the longer side of the tank.. that might not be optmal for your viewing though. Hanging it from the ceiling would be cleanest if you could hide the cable well. Just my two cents

That is just all temporary. The Kessil will be replaced with another AI nano. The mount isn't all the way in place as I need to move my MP10 some and the bolts aren't completely tightened. It was just put in place to see how I liked it. Although I will be mounting them like they are now because it centers on the tank properly. It doesn't center otherwise as the arm is too long.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is just all temporary. The Kessil will be replaced with another AI nano. The mount isn't all the way in place as I need to move my MP10 some and the bolts aren't completely tightened. It was just put in place to see how I liked it. Although I will be mounting them like they are now because it centers on the tank properly. It doesn't center otherwise as the arm is too long.

Yea their mounting arm sucks. rbaby used some 80/20 aluminum and made something pretty slick for one; though two fixtures mounted up on a single rail, attached back at your wall, would be nice. I would think you could get away with just one AI Nano if you mounted it right.

• Like 1
Yea their mounting arm sucks. rbaby used some 80/20 aluminum and made something pretty slick for one; though two fixtures mounted up on a single rail, attached back at your wall, would be nice. I would think you could get away with just one AI Nano if you mounted it right.
Go big or go home. I'm all about lots of light hence 2 kessils. Haha

Dude tank is looking sick! I want some sunny d's
Thanks man! I could do a frag for you. $15 pp plus shipping.
  • Like 1

Go big or go home. I'm all about lots of light hence 2 kessils. Haha

Yea nothing wrong with that.

I think the Nano's push out a lot more at 100% than a kessil. I could be (read: probably am) wrong. If you like the AI stuff though, you coulda picked up a Vega for the price of 2 nano's right? Not knocking your choice just saying. Two nano's can be used easier over a longer tank later.

Any controller? I found the touch panel to be awful other than to set once and never touch.

I want flexabiity. I can use the nanos on 2 tanks later. I'll be controlling via the Apex I believe. Might pickup the old controller for now.

• Like 2

I got the old controller for 45 shipped off a member here, so you have a price to haggle with. I like the old style, the wireless one isn't wireles with the nanos, and it still needs to be plugged in all the time too.

Edit: Also, did you read much about spectrum? I didn't before I purchased mine and after the fact kinda wish I got a Vega, I still don't know for sure though. The people that argue how much better full spectrum is make it seem like eveything will just turn brown under this light. Which does not seem to be the case.

• Like 1
I got the old controller for 45 shipped off a member here, so you have a price to haggle with. I like the old style, the wireless one isnt wireles with the nanos. and it still needs to be plugged in all the time too.
I think the new controller is worthless. Why call it wireless when it needs a wire?lol
  • Like 1
I got the old controller for 45 shipped off a member here, so you have a price to haggle with. I like the old style, the wireless one isnt wireles with the nanos. and it still needs to be plugged in all the time too.

I found one for $35 shipped. So I think I'll pick that up.

• Like 2

Even though the new controller isn't wireless with the nano it's still pretty badass. The old one does the same job but new newer one has a couple extra modes and is easier to play with. I love my nano, no complaints with coloration. Full spectrum is nice but at the price point you can't beat the controllability. Love your tank Eddie.

• Like 1

I would personally buy the old style and wait for AI to get a battery on board. It won't be long befre they do this and make it a true wireless light.

• Like 1

I bought the old one. $35 shipped. Now I just need to buy my 2nd AI. Got both Kessils sold pending payment.

• Like 1

Even though the new controller isn't wireless with the nano it's still pretty badass. The old one does the same job but new newer one has a couple extra modes and is easier to play with. I love my nano, no complaints with coloration. Full spectrum is nice but at the price point you can't beat the controllability. Love your tank Eddie.

Only mode I want is on and off automatically. I'm not a big dimming kinda guy. haha I probably don't need the controller actually because I can just plug it into my Apex. But I'm gonna try it out anyways.

• Like 1

I gocha, well as long as you have a timer for it your set because the touch interface is hard to use. I couldn't save my presets for the life of me.

• Like 1

I gocha, well as long as you have a timer for it your set because the touch interface is hard to use. I couldn't save my presets for the life of me.

Ya. Playing with the touch interface is a pain. So the controller will be nice to set the % of light. And I'm sure I can have it turn on and off with the controller. But regardless it will be plugged into my Apex.

• Like 1

Sweet tank Eddie! I am gonna have to hit you up for some of your Sunny D's and CAR's :P

Thanks! I'll have some again soon.

• Like 1

looking really nice!!!

Those CARs are indeed nice looking as well as those mandarins!

I think I need a frag or frags!

Everybody wants frags haha. I gotta slow down because I can't grow them fast enough anymore hahaha

• Like 1

Archived