Pod Your Reef

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

Algae started to get a little out of control so I brought in my junior thin stripe for 24 hours. Corals moved around to random locations, but almost all the algae is gone.

I crammed the gorgonian into a rock rather than try to glue it, hoping it would encrust ... and it has!

16vh.jpg

71oc.jpg

Unlike the firefish, who of course is hiding, the goby tries to photo bomb every image. I've been feeding him a lot, and changing the water a lot, to make sure he acclimates well.

s4w4.jpg

Moved my green/yellow Yuma over from the 46. 2 babies, but on the other side of the rock.

rw2w.jpg

I've had this shroom for almost a year but it can't stand light so I can never get a good picture of it.

rlsj.jpg

This frogspawn fell behind the rocks in the 46 and was stuck there for months. When I found it I thought sure it was dead, but soon after putting it in here it emerged, almost clear, and has been coloring up rapidly.

4kxa.jpg

My Pink Anthelia ... I've had this for over a year and lost almost all of it when my 40 had issues. Good looking coral.

s9kr.jpg

Frag of zoas I got with the orange rics. Had 4 heads, now just one. The others are floating around somewhere.

7nub.jpg

More zoas

yjn7.jpg

I've had these trumpets, or something in the same family, for a year and a half. 3 heads, always look healthy, but never grow.

hjcd.jpg

• Like 2

My new BuildMyLED 30" light arrived today. I did a customized spectrum: http://www.bmlcustom.com/custom-report-details/?partNo=PS3090S101FLMJLFLMJLFLMJL

Looks really good IMO. Not bright to the eye but the colors of the shrooms show up a lot better. I'm using their standard 12K reef spectrum in back, aimed toward the back of the tank, to give some brightness to the top of the rocks and make sure the gorg has enough light.

Purchased a new 100 watt heater to replace a 50 watt that could not keep the tank above 76 during the cold snap.

Found a nice looking pally for cheap at a LFS near where I work. Green center, brown/red disc with red skirt. So so pic, magician pallys on the right.

4fc5.jpg

Latest FTS with the new light.

qag6.jpg

• Like 8
I <3 your YCG

Thanks! I just wish my purple firefish would stop hiding. He used to be out all the time before I terrorized him with a bad fish in my other tank. At least he comes out to feed.

How many tanks are you running now? Two? This one's my favorite!!!!! I love everything about it. The YCG IS a cutie. Very healthy looking :D.

Thanks G. This is my third, but the only real nano of the bunch. :D

• Like 1

Thanks G. This is my third, but the only real nano of the bunch. :D

You're welcome :).

For some reason I thought you took one of the tanks down and merged some coral from both the 40 and 46 into this new 20L.

• Like 1

Tank looking awesome Mark. Ill try to update more just been slacking lol and dodging the wife. Wife + Reefing as a hobby means holding onto your life by a string.

• Like 1

I had decided on a Possum Wrasse for this tank, but then the LFS had a fish I've never seen stocked around here, so I brought this little guy home.

ovx4.jpg

qv9c.jpg

a08b.jpg

Saying hello. I just missed a picture of both of them sitting side by side.

axzg.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest FTS and a video. I still don't have the light right in here and unable to rent the PAR meter. If I turn up the BML fixtures the Zoas seem to liek it but the froggies close up. :) I'm running somewhere in the middle and hoping both get used to it. I should be around 100 PAR on the sandbed, but I'm just not sure. My new fixture has a lot more blue and it looks dim, but is certainly a lot brighter in terms of PAR.

On the plus side, not only is the firefish back out full time but he's also nosing the Blenny around. I say nosing because that's about as aggressive as he can get.

41sq.jpg

I overdid the color correction just a tad using youtube enhancements. :) See the Blenny crawl into the filter? :/

• Like 4

I really want to get a tailspot! No one has them around me though. From all the pics and videos people post about them here they seem like an amusing fish.

Yep, this was the first one I've ever seen around here, and the store got it by accident. Unfortunately long term success seems to be fleeting. I wonder how many get hurt crawling into power heads?

Nice looking, man. My tailspot has disappeared...seemed great for a month...swam around, ate and was a character but I haven't seen him in a couple weeks now. :(

I really like those 2 fish.

Hi Mark,

Love the blenny and the purple firefish of Course! :wub: Tank looks great!

OMG...those two are sooooo adorable!!!!! I just love everything about this tank, Mark :).

dis tank.... dem fish... dat coral... aw yiss

Thanks all. I really lucked into getting those two fish when my local LFS happened to receive two good shipments over 3 weeks of great fish in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this looks bigger than a 20 long! Really like all the POP in colors between the corals & fish!

Thanks Wendy, the combination of an old ReefBright Blue/White LED strip and a BuildMyLED strip, dimmed a bit, looks quite good so far.

Good luck with your seahorse tank, looking forward to see how that looks in a 46 bow.

• Like 1