Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

I absolutely LOVE how your fish look in this photo!!! hahahaha

LOL, thanks. That little wrasse is a riot to watch, and of course the blenny with the big mouth.

So this morning the yellow clown goby was humping the slimer. Rubbing it's belly up and down the length of the coral and then nipping at polyps. No slime produced, at least from when I watched, so this is troubling. Looks like this may be a NO ACRO tank afterall.

LOL, thanks. That little wrasse is a riot to watch, and of course the blenny with the big mouth.

So this morning the yellow clown goby was humping the slimer. Rubbing it's belly up and down the length of the coral and then nipping at polyps. No slime produced, at least from when I watched, so this is troubling. Looks like this may be a NO ACRO tank afterall.

I find that unless your tank is stacked with SPS, coral gobies (clown gobies) tend to harass single colonies enough to irritate them into STN etc.

In SPS packed systems, a single goby usually doesn't cause much trouble.

• Like 1

Brighter version of the fish pic. Could hardly see it on my work computer.

cf6v.jpg

The slimer is not looking good, I guess I'll have to move it out in the next few days.

Things are settling in quite well. Did a 3 gallon water change today and cleaned the glass. I also added some sand from my 40 full of all kinds of worms and pods.

Glass is clouding up daily so I have lots of something in here. :)

jpsh.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, big pic dump playing around with some new frags and the macro lens.

Second WP10 arrived Thursday, installed today. Now a nice random flow going on in here.

FTS

6ovw.jpg

New Corals!

This was an unknown but I think it's some kind of Favites, possible Favia.

me3db.jpg

Laying on the back of the frag rack was this "Montipora" ... it's actually Stylocoeniella and looks to behave more like a LPS. Sweepers can be seen in this pic.

hlyvd.jpg

These pink pocis had been sitting at the store for a while. I noted some green to the polyps under blue lights so decided to take a chance. Put it in place of the slimer that was moved to my 46.

xao4.jpg

A Leptastrea I picked up a few weeks ago.

6z75r.jpg

This is the purple stylo frags taken from the 40. My very first SPS coral has lived through 2 crashes and just keeps on growing. I forgot how incredibly attractive this coral is up close.

prwn.jpg

d2xx.jpg

One of the shrooms on a shroom rock I picked up a few weeks ago.

q02o.jpg

The leather was mad about something and only a single polyp was out.

iwuu.jpg

Black Cap Basslet (15 pics, one decent one)

rq5b.jpg

Blenny must have a photo.

ee6q.jpg

Whew, that's it. Thanks for looking.

• Like 2

Who doesn't love a blenny!

He almost photo bombed this next pic. A nice small plate coral was on the frag rack at the local store. Green with an orange mouth, and unlike my other plate this has decent sized tentacles.

hdruf.jpg

• Like 2

Do you dose mark?

Yea, half a cap of each 2 part daily to keep alk around 9. I do half a cap of alk in the morning and half a cap of the calcium part in the afternoon.

ok is that on all your tanks

No, this is the lightest user. 46 uses a full cap of each and 40 uses Reef Builder mixed in top off plus 1 full cap of alk and 3 full caps of Calcium daily, plus 20 ml of Magnesium weekly.

The pic with the single polyp out on the leather is hilarious! Ive seen mine do that a couple of times, nice pics

Thanks!

Rescape and new FTS.

Alk was running below 7 and it suddenly dawned on me ... why in the world am I trying to keep SPS in this tank and make it difficult? So every SPS is gone except for an encrusted piece of Forest Fire digitata. The scarlet hermits have not been able to keep up with a new algae bloom so Herman, my biggest thin stripe, is now on the scene. Hopefully all my frags are secure cause he's gonna test them.

70249.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up some small generic looking blastos at the LFS the other day. Closeup shots reveal these are pretty darn attractive, but small.

b31fr.jpg

3y3ec.jpg

• Like 4

Why was it tough to keep SPS in the 29? Do small tanks need dosing systems to keep up with alk and CA usage?

Yea, it was getting nuts. I was dosing a half a cap of alk a day and it still dropped from near 10 to 6.5 in 5 days.