SaltCritters.com

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

Is there something wrong with my zoas? I just got them on Sunday I didn't really get to see if they were like that before because after they opened up they closed up again because of the snail and when they opened up again they were facing the other way. The other side doesn't look like that at all and the polyps look bigger than the ones on this side.

This is what the other side looks like (sorry for crappy cell phone pics)

post-78078-0-12057500-1358876418_thumb.jpg

post-78078-0-97330000-1358876579_thumb.jpg

Guys that awesome. I have no idea how beautifully couloured zoas could be :wub: There is my sweethearts. Not much, but I have new 400l tank so more room than in 120l ;)

Tenor, why you live sooo far. I thing that Ill spend a lot of my free many for yous babies. Nice work

Please Is there some good link for list of zoas with photos and correct names? I have a little mess with this. Im selling my frang there in Czech as red, double green, watermelon, orange, black....and so on, just my names :lol: I would like to know correct names. Thansk a lot. Beatiful thread.

post-61907-0-67405400-1359329707_thumb.jpg

post-61907-0-53126500-1359329719_thumb.jpg

post-61907-0-62277500-1359329844_thumb.jpg

post-61907-0-65060400-1359329856_thumb.jpg

post-61907-0-07824600-1359329938_thumb.jpg

post-61907-0-14089800-1359329949_thumb.jpg

Guys that awesome. I have no idea how beautifully couloured zoas could be :wub: There is my sweethearts. Not much, but I have new 400l tank so more room than in 120l ;)

Tenor, why you live sooo far. I thing that Ill spend a lot of my free many for yous babies. Nice work

Please Is there some good link for list of zoas with photos and correct names? I have a little mess with this. Im selling my frang there in Czech as red, double green, watermelon, orange, black....and so on, just my names :lol: I would like to know correct names. Thansk a lot. Beatiful thread.

Thanks for great compliment. Here is the Link for the correct names.

http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15

I'm new here but this looks like a good place to jump in....

IMG_3560_zpsfc3b1a38.jpg

IMG_3585_zps7d434288.jpg

IMG_3561_zps4785a089.jpg

Clay4AU

"More fishwater there than any whale's momma ever seen"

Id like to see a full tank shot and know more about that system or tank you got those in. What are you doing for lighting?

I got these guys today/last night :) I took them with my wifes iphone...night and day difference in pic quality. Colors are still a bit darker than IRL, but much better than with my droid camera.

photobucket-30260-1359335674299.jpg

photobucket-49629-1359337044474.jpg

I can't see the pic?
Dang it! I quoted the post figured it would copy ill give it another try

Anyone seen anything like these? DSC_1787.jpg
I think they are creamcicles if my memory is correct.

SpearofTrium_zps815d0b54.jpg Looks good! I like those second ones. Just got this last night! photobucket-18754-1359296464539.jpg
The very first pic what are these babys?

Buddythelion, the very first pic of your zoas above the sunny d's

That was my next guess sorry i was going to say it to but figured they had shade and white wasnt popping out as much i have creamcicles and the ones in shade look close to your oxides witch i also have:

Anyone seen anything like these?

DSC_1787.jpg

I know I've seen these before, they're really nice whatever they are. You keep on finding really sweet finds!

Dang it! I quoted the post figured it would copy ill give it another try

I think they are creamcicles if my memory is correct.

The very first pic what are these babys?

Buddythelion, the very first pic of your zoas above the sunny d's

Those are my own morph, Spear of Triam. :)

Ok, riddle me this.

What causes these:

csABv.jpg

To look like these:

JVcAInh.jpg

0cySnoe.jpg

It's the same ones... I really like the new look, but I'm pretty sure it's not healthy.

Looks like bleaching, pretty good bleaching. How quickly did that happen? New lights?

Looks like bleaching, pretty good bleaching. How quickly did that happen? New lights?

Yeah, the lights have been there about a month now, with various intensities. Not an over night reaction by any means though. However, the rest of the zoas in the tank (even ones that are higher) are not showing any affects.

That is odd about the others not changing colors. IME, with Z's & P's, they dont usually bleach like that. They might close up for a few days, then gradually lighten over a few months but not like that. Ive seen P's come in from overseas with that kind of damage, from poor water quality in the bags i guess or cool temps. They should come back since they are open, It will take some time.

Im not suggesting either of those is whats wrong with yours, just mentioning that's how ive seen that before.

That is odd about the others not changing colors. IME, with Z's & P's, they dont usually bleach like that. They might close up for a few days, then gradually lighten over a few months but not like that. Ive seen P's come in from overseas with that kind of damage, from poor water quality in the bags i guess or cool temps. They should come back since they are open, It will take some time.

Im not suggesting either of those is whats wrong with yours, just mentioning that's how ive seen that before.

Yeah, they've been open and happy the whole time so I haven't really worried about them too much. I really love the new color, so if they're happy and want to stay that color, I won't complain. I'm almost wondering if I've added something else that is competing for a trace element (iron?) and the other is winning as far as coloration is concerned.