Top Shelf Aquatics

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

Great!! Thank you for input.

But how do I get fully registered member at PlanetZoa? I am not allowed to see anything. What can I do?

Sign up for an account if you are serious...doesn't cost. More of a respect thing, they have a wonderful selection. There is also a wonderful selection of zoas for sale on the forum, I personally I have gotten from both and been equally happy. As a matter of fact I'm waiting for USPS right now ;)

My Account (top)

New Customer (right side)

Shouldn't take to long to get approved.

I signed up 2 days ago, waiting to become "fully registered". Does he offer free shipping over $XXX?

reeferbarra20

You know, for someone asking for help you're fairly rude. It's only been 14 hours and you're whining and talking down on this forum, which is a great forum. Reason why no one really answered is because it was a long question that involves a mystery about zoas that not a lot of people quite understand yet either. Nothing's wrong with reefcentral either, grandpa Grandis is there and loves to talk about zoas. :)

Usually I'd ignore comments like yours and move on, but I did your hw for you and had to dig back a few pages to find this post I recalled reading last month, a really great zoa vendor/master on Reef2Reef named Akwarius, because I'm sure that the rest of the club could use the tip as well in case they end up where you are. I know I have, lol.

"Although Im not completely sold on your zoa enema technique, you bring up a really good point. Anything you can do to minimize the growth of "algae" on a zoas skin, the better off they will be. Generally speaking, an open polyp is a healthy polyp (unless it is mushrooming or pinching).

Im sure you guys have noticed the infamous "brown dust" that accumulates on the outside of a closed polyp. Is this really algae? I have to admit that Ive never looked at it under a microscope, so hate to make any assumptions. Maybe someone who has can chime in here. In my opinion, the "brown dust" behaves more like a bacteria. I've observed the following stages: Stage One- polyp closes for an extended period of time, Stage Two- a light "halo" of brown dust begins to form on the closed polyp skin, Stage Three- polyp skin entirely covered by brown dust, Stage Four- polyp skin develops rough surface, brown dust appears "embedded", Stage Five- polyp become transparent or develops a secondary fungal infection (white film). If you've reached Stage Five, a quick death is imminent and removing the polluting organism may be the best option. A mild dip at Stage One or Two will produce a quick recovery, typically within a few days. If the polyp has advanced to Stage Three, you may be in for a long fight, but a full recovery is not off the table. If you can lightly brush away the brown film while dipping, then you may still have a chance. If the polyp develops a rough texture, Stage Four, then a serious infection has taken over the polyp and a full recovery is not likely. If this occurs on an isolated polyp, you may consider removal before the infection spreads to adjacent polyps. The dipping solution should be a mild antiseptic (Coral Rx or Revive) for Stage One or Two. At Stage Three, a stronger antibiotic may be necessary. Stage Four and Five, all bets are off, so I use my entire arsenal including an antifungal such as Furan 2. I employ daily dips until nearly every polyp is open, and never less than 3 days. You want to be sure the infection is fully eradicated before releasing the zoas back into the general population. This entire process works for me most of the time, especially when I catch the problem early."

I didn't mean to be rude. I was just being impatient. I havent seen any brown fungus on any of the zoas what so ever..

also, I tried signing up for a plantet Zoa account numerous times and have filled out all the required fields. Im stil unable to view anything,.

Any thoughts?/

I know that when a zoo is cupping and reaching, it means it wants more light, but what's it mean when it's doing the opposite?

Like, not retracted, but fully extended but reaching downwards, and domelike?

I think that means they are adjusting or settling in, usually when i notice that the "stalk" of the polyp winds up much shorter than it was before the domelike shape. Maybe more light than they were getting?

I dont consider it a bad thing, ive never seen a negative outcome anyways.

Someone local wants to sell me:

2 polyps of who da sour apples

3 polyps of sunny d's

1 polyp of woodstocks

....for $75. Seems awfully high, or am I just cheap? And thats "knocking off $15" from what he is asking.

I think that means they are adjusting or settling in, usually when i notice that the "stalk" of the polyp winds up much shorter than it was before the domelike shape. Maybe more light than they were getting?

I dont consider it a bad thing, ive never seen a negative outcome anyways.

Someone local wants to sell me:

2 polyps of who da sour apples

3 polyps of sunny d's

1 polyp of woodstocks

....for $75. Seems awfully high, or am I just cheap? And thats "knocking off $15" from what he is asking.

Sour Apples are ~$15-$20 each, Sunny D's are $15, and Woodstocks are about $30. I don't see that as high at all for average market price. But I'm sure you can find cheaper ones from friends.

Not the best pic (iphone5) but here are my newest additions, Lord of the rings, candy apple reds, red hornet, fire and ice, i also got rastas but they arent in the pic.

IMG_2916_zps256c6a9c.jpg

Sour Apples are ~$15-$20 each, Sunny D's are $15, and Woodstocks are about $30. I don't see that as high at all for average market price. But I'm sure you can find cheaper ones from friends.

Im just spoiled i think....nice guy i just cant spend that much on 3 frags of what i consider common stuff.

Updated members list. Also I agree with Kat's new rule to join club you MUST send at least 1 designer zoa frag to each member. :lol:

Is there a polyp minimum. I'd like to join.

HecticDialectics

I've always been under the impression that only suckers pay full retail "Ebay" prices. Has that changed over the past year or so?

Nice zoas eklikewhoa. I like the 1st pic the best. Ever frag them let me know.

Maybe we can get a trading thing going, I saw you got some of those agaves from HI, I want those!

Maybe we can get a trading thing going, I saw you got some of those agaves from HI, I want those!

Keep dreaming on the Agaves. haha.