Coral Vue Hydros

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

lol, i guess so huh?

Got them home, acclimated and on the bottom of the tank. I got gob stoppers (30 polyps +/-), king midas (8-10, cant tell yet), some pink palys (20-25 polyps), some "almost" kedds reds (7 polyps), and another frag of king midas (5 or so).

By the time i got them in, and i got everything cleaned up it was lights out. So pics tomorrow.

I really need to get a camera....

Pics of the above items:

photobucket-46550-1358560117053.jpg

photobucket-26458-1358560169691.jpg

photobucket-33495-1358560013790.jpg

photobucket-52281-1358560252093.jpg

They are going to sit in the tank for awhile, im expecting a bunch of new Z's and P's next weekend. I want to wait until i get everything before i decide on where to place it on the rocks.

Just got some zoas :) but I have a turbo snail who has decided to suck on the bottom of the rock and is basically holding up my zoas. I can't get it off. My zoas are not happy & are closed up. Can the snail harm them? Anyone know how I could pull the snail off??

Just got some zoas :) but I have a turbo snail who has decided to suck on the bottom of the rock and is basically holding up my zoas. I can't get it off. My zoas are not happy & are closed up. Can the snail harm them? Anyone know how I could pull the snail off??

Give it a tug, and firm pressure. It will come off, and it wont harm the snail :)

eklikewhoa, nice grab!

Give it a tug, and firm pressure. It will come off, and it wont harm the snail :)

eklikewhoa, nice grab!

Honestly I'm more scared to hurt my zoas lmao I can't really tug it without having to hold the zoas because they r on the side of the rock

If it helps any, here are two more pics of when I got it:

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

I would love to get some of those (hint hint...any locals out there? SE Michigan here), everyone i talk to about them says they are boderline pest with how fast they grow. Id like to have that problem :(

I would love to get some of those (hint hint...any locals out there? SE Michigan here), everyone i talk to about them says they are boderline pest with how fast they grow. Id like to have that problem :(

I'm in NE Ohio and will be getting rid of the rock they are on. If you are coming to the swap here in February, we could arrange a meet up. Or if not, we can work out shipping when the weather warms up :).

Yes, mark it on the calender for next year. Its always in Januruary and usually in Lansing. Its BIG!

I cant go this year for the same reason (wife works that weekend and my 8 month old doesnt need to be mingling with "germy" people this time of the year).

Here's most of what I have left. Going through a battle with some high end zoas melting away mysteriously :( Here's a thread I started if you guys can help me solve my problem. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/318537-raising-nutrients-for-zoas/. Frags that melted away so far, purple hornets, 2 X rastas, flaming suns, AOG.

Purple Deaths middle with unknown palys, (below dragon eyes) Hoot owls

dsc0058ru.jpg

Dragon eyes, radioactive dragon eyes, eagle eyes, african blue hornets

dsc0060kq.jpg

Unknown Pink Palys

dsc0074zk.jpg

Magicians cut off(melting), Alien Chaos(melting), Utter Chaos

dsc0075qk.jpg

Whammin' watermelons

dsc0124pc.jpg

Old pic from my 12 Nano cube. Some of these have melted away and some were transfered over to my 20 gallon Tall. Not listed earlier are mean greens, gb packers (recovering), hulk greens (melting), and roulettes (recovering).

dsc0149yce.jpg

One's I have not pictured include cherry charm palys, seafoam palys, frozen frog eyes, mohawks, and various unknown zoas.

Those are sweet! The only place I found them with a name were Neptune Paly's from Planet Zoa:

pzneptunepaly_zpsc636c2aa.png

Those look really close! the center of the ones I have show a more red hue to them though.