Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Wow...I haven't checked in here lately...I've been missing out!!!! You are a pro with the camera now, I see!!! :) Everything looks fantastic!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...I haven't checked in here lately...I've been missing out!!!! You are a pro with the camera now, I see!!! :) Everything looks fantastic!!!!

Thanks gena I appreciate the compliment. I have gotten better with the camera but their is room for improvement.

I got this frag last night and was wondering if anyone had an ID for me. It's a purple base with green polyps. Really awesome growth pattern.

null_zpscb366876.jpg

I'm really thinking about upgrading my skimmer to one of the new cad lights pipe less skimmers. I have been patiently trying to get my innovative marine skimmer to work correctly and I am having no luck. Very frustrating to come home to a collection cup overflowing every other day. It looks like people are having good luck with the cad light skimmer so I'll give it a try once I have the money. Hopefully it will be soon.

On another note it looks like my cyano problem is slowly going away. It's about time, I dot know how much longer I can look at my tank covers in slime.

Just wanted to post a couple photos of my pocillopora that I got back in June. The first picture was taken the day I put it in the tank on 6/11 and the second picture was taken today 9/3. I didn't realize that I had gotten this much growth in that amount of time until I was looking through my pictures and saw the frag it started as. I guess I must be doing something right.

IMAG0212_zps7de68eac.jpgnull_zps669e5ee4.jpg

I got this frag last night and was wondering if anyone had an ID for me. It's a purple base with green polyps. Really awesome growth pattern. null_zpscb366876.jpg

Too soon to tell, it could be an encrusting montipora or a branching montipora.

It could be.

I know it's not an encrusting monti, I saw the colony in the guys tank but I forgot to ask what it was. He hasn't gotten back to me when I ask what it is either.

It almost looks like an ORA Borealis or Joe the Coral. Beautiful nonetheless.

I think I narrowed it down to being a miyagi frag. No way to prove lineage though so I don't know.

Well it looks like I'm giving up on keeping fish for a while. I came home from work yesterday and my Bangaii cardinal was nowhere to be found. Can't find any remains or anything. Looks like it's just gonna be my clownfish for a while.

So sorry, jg! I think Banggai's are known to be "delicate", for whatever reason. I've read of people losing them...they just disappear. Your tank is looking fabulous though. :happydance: That dragon's breath looks awesome!

So sorry, jg! I think Banggai's are known to be "delicate", for whatever reason. I've read of people losing them...they just disappear. Your tank is looking fabulous though. :happydance: That dragon's breath looks awesome!

Yeah. I had a pair to start with and one died a while ago. I've had this one for about a year now and it was eating and doing fine and then this. Only thing I can think of that might have caused it was me cuttin back on feedings to try and help with the cyano and gha. I'm going to wait for a while to add anymore fish. I'd like to take care of the little algae I have left before I add anything else. The cyano has killed a few corals as well which sucks but thank god it wasn't anything that I can't replace. I love te dragons breath, it adds so much color and diversity. I really want to add more macros to the tank, that should help with algae as well as give me the look I'm goin for. I am also goin to be adding some gorgonians. Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

Yeah. I had a pair to start with and one died a while ago. I've had this one for about a year now and it was eating and doing fine and then this. Only thing I can think of that might have caused it was me cuttin back on feedings to try and help with the cyano and gha. I'm going to wait for a while to add anymore fish. I'd like to take care of the little algae I have left before I add anything else. The cyano has killed a few corals as well which sucks but thank god it wasn't anything that I can't replace. I love te dragons breath, it adds so much color and diversity. I really want to add more macros to the tank, that should help with algae as well as give me the look I'm goin for. I am also goin to be adding some gorgonians. Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

I look forward to seeing some gorgonians in your tank!!!!

I got this frag last night and was wondering if anyone had an ID for me. It's a purple base with green polyps. Really awesome growth pattern. null_zpscb366876.jpg

Man that's a nice piece! It reminds me of my Purple Bonsai

http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/ziareefer/media/S1290050_zpsaa19b99e.jpg.html'>S1290050_zpsaa19b99e.jpg

But its definitely a Monti. It also reminds me of Tub's Lavendar Stellata

http://www.exoticfrags.us/corals.php?&c=30

Man that's a nice piece! It reminds me of my Purple Bonsai

S1290050_zpsaa19b99e.jpg

But its definitely a Monti. It also reminds me of Tub's Lavendar Stellata

http://www.exoticfrags.us/corals.php?&c=30

I wish I ha a bonsai frag, it's one of my favorites. I think you might be right on the tubs lavender stellata. The base is a pale purple with super bright green polyps, it's definitely one of my favorite pieces.
this one looks like ora joe the coral to me.

You're the second one to say that so I wonder if that is what it is. Hopefully once it grows a little but more it give me a better idea of what it actually is.

Well I went to the lfs to trade in a few corals that didn't really fit my tank and ended up leaving with a plate coral. I have wanted a plate for a while now since my orange one went to reef heaven. I will get some better pics with my dslr later but for now here is te best I could do with my phone. It has a bright orange mouth or mouths I should say since it has two. The only problem is that it took the spot I was saving for a clam. Oh well, I'll figure that out later.

null_zpsd095c013.jpg

Don't mind the cyano, I'm rigging up some dynamite to take care of that issue.

Archived