Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Looking great man! I see you've had some nice growth :)

Thanks Zia I appreciate it. Its a horrible pic but you get the idea lol. I was going to add more gorgs to the tank but the guy in was going to get more from is having issues with his tank or something. He is the only source for more gorgs in Colorado that I have found. I'll just have to wait to order some I guess.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great! That little green toad really pops in your tank. :)
The green toadstool is definitely on of my favorite corals in the tank. It definitely pops and stands out, my favorite part is how long the polyps are. My last toad didnt have polyps half as long.

Haven't had any updates lately because nothing much has changed. I am actually fighting with getting my alk up and nothing is working. My all sits at a 5.6 dkh reading and it won't come up. My calcium is about 450 and mag tests out ok as well. I am seeing a decline in some of my sps and I'm sure its because my alk issue. Anyone have any advice or ideas for me?

Just picked up a nice frag of sunny d zoas and red people eater palys tonight. Got a good deal from a buddy in my local reef club. They started to open nicely in my tank until my lights turned off. I'll take some pictures as soon as I get a chance.

I am focusing on figuring out my tank chemistry before I add anymore sps. I have lost a few really nice pieces and I don't want to lose any more. I can use the help I can get in order to figure out what I need to do to get my chems in check.

On another note. I went through my pile-o-fish stuff and came up with this. What do you guys think? Should I do it?

IMAG0318_zps40b56b63.jpg

Just picked up a nice frag of sunny d zoas and red people eater palys tonight. Got a good deal from a buddy in my local reef club. They started to open nicely in my tank until my lights turned off. I'll take some pictures as soon as I get a chance. I am focusing on figuring out my tank chemistry before I add anymore sps. I have lost a few really nice pieces and I don't want to lose any more. I can use the help I can get in order to figure out what I need to do to get my chems in check. On another note. I went through my pile-o-fish stuff and came up with this. What do you guys think? Should I do it? IMAG0318_zps40b56b63.jpg

I say go for it :D

I say go for it :D

Its a 0.9 gallon beta cube I've had laying around for years. I was thinking of doing a softy tank. Maybe a crab of some sorts. Maybe just corals and a very light cuc. What do you think?

Took a pic of my frag rack of goodies this morning. Everything is looking really with the exception of a few sps but I'm pretty happy with everything overall. Here's my goody rack.

IMAG0331_zps5f50a077.jpg

Took a pic of my frag rack of goodies this morning. Everything is looking really with the exception of a few sps but I'm pretty happy with everything overall. Here's my goody rack.

IMAG0331_zps5f50a077.jpg

Nice rack. Teehee. I just found out MASC is meeting at mind blowing corals, thinking about going. Just wondering if you are?

Nice rack. Teehee. I just found out MASC is meeting at mind blowing corals, thinking about going. Just wondering if you are?

You like my rack eh? I payed good money for it lol. I was planning on going but my family scheduled family pictures at 12 so I can't make it.

You like my rack eh? I payed good money for it lol. I was planning on going but my family scheduled family pictures at 12 so I can't make it.

Lame. That's probably for the best, I doubt the wife would be pleased my quick run to a fish store turned in to a4 hour meeting. Might pop in on MBC all the same, even if they are hard up on the coral naming convention with prices to match. Some gems to be had, I'm sure

On another note. I went through my pile-o-fish stuff and came up with this. What do you guys think? Should I do it? IMAG0318_zps40b56b63.jpg

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!

Its a 0.9 gallon beta cube I've had laying around for years. I was thinking of doing a softy tank. Maybe a crab of some sorts. Maybe just corals and a very light cuc. What do you think?

Yes, yes yes!!!!!

Picos are the bomb. :D

Smexy looking rack your rockin over there!

Dude KC lost today omgomgomg:naughtydance::happydance::haha:

Now Denver just has to take care of binizz tonight!!! U ready for the game?!!!

Super happy kc lost. All it took was for them to play a good team get them back to their old ways of sucking lol. I'm very ready for the game. I spent the day up at red rocks taking family pictures today and I'm ready to relax and watch the broncos kick butt. It should be a very good game to watch.

Just got done testing my water and for the first time in a long time they are all looking how they should. Cal is at 490, alk is at 7.6 (gonna raise this a little bit), mag is at 1290 and pH is at 8.2. Its taken me about a week of testing twice a day and manually dosing to get my chems up to par. Now I can set up my dosing pumps which will make my life a lot easier. I'm excited for tomorrow because its my birthday and my wife said she is going to take me to the LFS for a little shopping. I'll update my thread to let you know what I get if anything.

So did you end up getting anything?!

Happy birthday, by the way omgomgomg

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes. I did get some stuff. My wife got me a couple fish and my buddy who works at the LFS gave me a small sand star and a pep shrimp to help with my aiptasia.

Got a couple pics with my phone so they aren't that great but its better than nothing. I will be getting better pics with the DSLR when I have a chance. No time tonight since I gotta get cooking for tomorrow. They are both eating and checking out the tank. I need help identifying the wrasse so if you have any idea what it is let me know.

20131127_204544_zps36eb8cc0.jpg20131127_204513_zps541cfc2b.jpg

Archived