Pod Your Reef

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Here's a little growth pic as well. This is about 5 months of growth. Pretty good if you ask me. IMAG0250_zps89b55d36.jpgIMG_8055_zps8db314eb.jpg

I would say so!!

The tank is looking tremendous, jgpico! Such an awesome collection of corals :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say so!!

The tank is looking tremendous, jgpico! Such an awesome collection of corals :D

Thank you. Not Totm worthy but it's ok I'll let you handle that position lol. Congrats btw.

Here's a few pics I took in the last couple of days. The first one is a quick top down of my tank and the others are pics I took of one of my buddies 300 gallon tank. It's 95% sps and it is amazing to stare at. I hope to one day have a tank that is half as beautiful as this. IMG_8090_zps2e506098.jpgIMG_8117_zps3a838572.jpgIMG_8093_zpsebc2b9ec.jpgIMG_8104_zps71cbf800.jpg

I finally got my dosing pumps set up today. With the amount of sps in the system now I wanted to make sure I was doing what I can to keep the alk and cal where it needs to be between water changes. Here are a few pics I just took. Sorry some of them are blurry due to my son wanting to see what I was doing with his fish tank. Thanks for looking.

IMG_8167_zps0c3e45d7.jpgIMG_8165_zpsa66416b6.jpgIMG_8175_zpsb1650e0e.jpgIMG_8188_zps857ef63f.jpg

Here's another growth pic. I've had this frag in my tank for a little over a month. I'm hoping getting my dosing pumps set up will jumpstart some growth even more. tapatalk_1389198757582_zps334b494c.jpgIMG_8168_zps611e27ea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Gorgeous clam!

Thanks. I wish I could get it's true color. It drives me insane how clams look so different through the glass as opposed to from the top down. I'll have to take some top down pics as soon as I get the chance.

Looks great, you're getting excellent growth. :)

Thanks. Growth has been awesome especially since I started dosing. If you wouldn't mind I could use some photography tips. What can I do Better better pics?

Finally got a clam for the tank!!! Here is a quick pic. Gotta love derasas. IMG_8208_zpsc9d5f0a8.jpg

I want a derasa!!!!! What a beauty.

Your little random thoughts a few posts back cracked me up :lol:.

I want a derasa!!!!! What a beauty.Your little random thoughts a few posts back cracked me up :lol:.

Lol that was me being bored and not knowing what to say on my thread. No one had been on my thread in a while lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol that was me being bored and not knowing what to say on my thread. No one had been on my thread in a while lol.

Where are the updates? How's the derasa? :wub: I want one :).
Following this thread. Getting my Nuvo 30 today and hope it looks half as good as yours!
I'm sure your nuvo will look better than mine in no time. Thank for the compliment.

Where are the updates? How's the derasa? :wub: I want one :).
The derasa is doing awesome. I got a little nervous the other day because it looked like it had pm but it just got stung by a goniopora frag I put too close to it. Derasa clams are my favorite, one of the easier clams I've ever kept as well. You should definitely get one.

Durp, my bad! But that fish is so dope, was hoping you'd post a big pik of him! How could one not love a fish that looks like that. I think i need one now! Dam J, all those piks are sharp, your camera skillz are sik now!

Durp, my bad! But that fish is so dope, was hoping you'd post a big pik of him! How could one not love a fish that looks like that. I think i need one now! Dam J, all those piks are sharp, your camera skillz are sik now!

Haha no worries man, I'm just having bad luck with fish. Afterblosing my wrasse I swore off getting anymore but I saw him and had to have him. Always wanted one but never pulled the trigger. On the subject of bad luck with fish, my female clown developed pop eye. Was fine last night when lights went out and looked like this today. Fml!http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8265_zps9ttrb7or.jpg.html'>IMG_8265_zps9ttrb7or.jpg

Good news, my female clowns eye look 100% better. I didn't take her out and qt her because I didn't want tonstress her out. She looked better the next day and now she looks great and back to normal. I think she might have scratched it on something in the tank or the male clown finally stood up for himself and nipped her. On another good note I won a euphylia frag pack at my local clubs meeting. Needless to say I either need to upgrade or get another tank. My wife said shed be ok with a 16 gallon in our sons room. Here's what I won. The pics aren't that great and everything isn't open all the way but you get the idea. http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8293_zpshsfs7zv7.jpg.html'>IMG_8293_zpshsfs7zv7.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8294_zpso5kccmco.jpg.html'>IMG_8294_zpso5kccmco.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8296_zps9ec1byd3.jpg.html'>IMG_8296_zps9ec1byd3.jpghttp://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Stisuba006/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8297_zpsgzqpa5cr.jpg.html'>IMG_8297_zpsgzqpa5cr.jpg

WOW! Gorgeous win there...congrats!!!!

Nice update too. Glad to hear the clown got better. One of my gobies had a cloudy eye one morning. It improved by the next day too.

Went to my LFS yesterday and they had a fabulous derasa. I was sooooo tempted. I'd need to make room first before I can pick one up though. I think they are my favorite clam.

Archived