Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Not sure how i missed all the progress you made jg but this tank is awesome. Sorry to hear about the scoly

Thanks rehype, I appreciate it. The scoly can be replaced of course but I had that one for over 3 years. Oh well, the tank lives on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you use to get rid of your cyano?

The only things I have been doing are weekly water changes, less feedings, and manual removal. I have been running Gfo for a while but I haven't noticed any difference in cyano just the gha. If I can get my hands on red slime remover I might try it but I won't pay for it since it really only masks the problem. It goes away for a couple days but them pops back up. It's getting really old and annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Whats going on up in here bro?!?

Besides a Bronco beat :naughtydance: down today

Nothing much to be honest. Just watching stuff grow out. I lost one frag of sps but it was rough when I got it so I'm hoping it's nothing with my tank. I haven't seen any other issues yet but I have been keeping a really close eye on things. Once I am able to make a brs order and get some additives I will feel a lot more comfortable since I know my perams will be more stable.

I was at work during the game today. I had to watch the game on my phone an anytime I had a customer I had to walk away. I pretty much avoided customer contact as much as possible lol. It was a great game to watch, made it interested. It would get a little boring if we just blew out every team, it would be better for my blood pressure but not as interested to watch.

Nothing much to be honest. Just watching stuff grow out. I lost one frag of sps but it was rough when I got it so I'm hoping it's nothing with my tank. I haven't seen any other issues yet but I have been keeping a really close eye on things. Once I am able to make a brs order and get some additives I will feel a lot more comfortable since I know my perams will be more stable. I was at work during the game today. I had to watch the game on my phone an anytime I had a customer I had to walk away. I pretty much avoided customer contact as much as possible lol. It was a great game to watch, made it interested. It would get a little boring if we just blew out every team, it would be better for my blood pressure but not as interested to watch.

Glad to hear your tanks doing fine. You have some insane cherries in there and id hate to see you lose any of those. Dang this hobby can be stressful at times. But with out the downs we wouldent have ups, so still the best around for me atleast. Hey bro, were do for a FTS by the way :D And some side shots and top downs while your at here :lol:

To close for comfort but ill take it 5-0!!

Glad to hear your tanks doing fine. You have some insane cherries in there and id hate to see you lose any of those. Dang this hobby can be stressful at times. But with out the downs we wouldent have ups, so still the best around for me atleast. Hey bro, were do for a FTS by the way :D And some side shots and top downs while your at here :lol:

To close for comfort but ill take it 5-0!!

I have the day off tomorrow so I will get the dslr out at snap some photos. It's been a while since I have added any photos so just cause you asked I'll try and get some good ones tomorrow.

5-0 is like music to my ears! You should have saw what I did to a customer today. I work for Verizon selling cell phones and a customer came in wearing a Kansas City jersey and I helped him. We obviously got to talking about football and this and that and when I went and grabbed his phone I pulled out a bright pink otter box. He looked at me when I set it down and all I said was "well I figured since you're wearing a KC jersey you'd want a pink case." He couldn't believe it but he laughed his a$$ off. I love giving opposing teams fans crap.

I have the day off tomorrow so I will get the dslr out at snap some photos. It's been a while since I have added any photos so just cause you asked I'll try and get some good ones tomorrow.

:D

5-0 is like music to my ears! You should have saw what I did to a customer today. I work for Verizon selling cell phones and a customer came in wearing a Kansas City jersey and I helped him. We obviously got to talking about football and this and that and when I went and grabbed his phone I pulled out a bright pink otter box. He looked at me when I set it down and all I said was "well I figured since you're wearing a KC jersey you'd want a pink case." He couldn't believe it but he laughed his a$$ off. I love giving opposing teams fans crap.

:lol: He deserved it! But dang there 5-0 to :lol:

:D

:lol: He deserved it! But dang there 5-0 to :lol:

It hurts me to say this but KC is looking pretty good this year. Not sure if Their D can stop our offense though. That should be a really good game to watch.

Damn Josh, I need to get off my ass and catch up with you some time. How's the kid/work/life/tank?

Dude come on by man. I am always around and I have been waiting for you to come say what's up. Te kid is doing great, growin like crazy. He loves looking at the tank. Let me know when you wanna swing by.

It's my weekend of, we can set something up. How does your weekend look? I'm going on a xenia/Anthelia killing spree if you want any. I also have a crap ton of dragons breath that hitched on to a mangrove.

It's my weekend of, we can set something up. How does your weekend look? I'm going on a xenia/Anthelia killing spree if you want any. I also have a crap ton of dragons breath that hitched on to a mangrove.

What kind of Xenia? I am picky with what kind of Xenia I allow in this tank. I still haven't even made up my mind whether or not I want to add any. I was just going to ask you if you wanted some dragons breath lol. I really want to add a mangrove to my tank.

I really want to add a mangrove to my tank.

Your in luck because i couldn't get your box out today, but i will tomorrow. I happen to have one extra mangrove that ill throw in there. I haven't had much luck with em personally with the exception of only one that im proudly keeping. After 6 months it finally spouted its first leaves for me :D I was keeping the second as a backup, but no longer have room. It's shorter and no leaves yet but maybe you'll have better luck with it.

Your in luck because i couldn't get your box out today, but i will tomorrow. I happen to have one extra mangrove that ill throw in there. I haven't had much luck with em personally with the exception of only one that im proudly keeping. After 6 months it finally spouted its first leaves for me :D I was keeping the second as a backup, but no longer have room. It's shorter and no leaves yet but maybe you'll have better luck with it.

Dude your freakin awesome! I'll give it a go in my tank and see how it goes. I gotta figure out a way to plant it I guess you could say. Oh yeah guess what, my fts finally uploaded so here you go. And a couple extras.

null_zps831b2e86.jpgnull_zps1f546c44.jpgnull_zps51fecc44.jpg

WOW, that was worth the wait! Looks good in there man. Looks like your getting some good growth on those SPS. That Duncan colony is really showing out all big and puffy like that. Looks like your cooking all kinds of goodies on that frag rack. I will say, that one of the nicest least intrusive frag racks ive seen in a tank before. Kinda blends in. Those closeup shots were sweet to, more of those once in awhile wouldn't hurt my feelings :D

WOW, that was worth the wait! Looks good in there man. Looks like your getting some good growth on those SPS. That Duncan colony is really showing out all big and puffy like that. Looks like your cooking all kinds of goodies on that frag rack. I will say, that one of the nicest least intrusive frag racks ive seen in a tank before. Kinda blends in. Those closeup shots were sweet to, more of those once in awhile wouldn't hurt my feelings :D

Thanks bro I appreciate it. The sps are definitely growing but color isn't quite where I want it. I absolutely love the Duncan colony, it has grown quite a bit since I got it as a 4 head frag from my wife. I would actually like getting that frag rack out of the tank eventually but I am lazy and haven't gotten around to gluing the frags down yet lol. I actually took a lot more photos but I am still working on getting them uploaded. Should be done by tonight and I'll spread them out over a couple of days. I can't wait to add the macros you are sending me.

What kind of Xenia? I am picky with what kind of Xenia I allow in this tank. I still haven't even made up my mind whether or not I want to add any. I was just going to ask you if you wanted some dragons breath lol. I really want to add a mangrove to my tank.

All right, as a friend, you don't want this xenia. Standard pink plague variety. I might keep some for my wifes Pico, since that's the only reason I have Xenia to begin with. The anthelia has chocked out 80% of my Zoanthids, and I really can't do any thing about it. Sucks.

I'm also formally drafting you for stand/plumbing duty. I'll pay you in beer and food, I swear. Your tank is TOTM material now, I have to play catch up.

Looks great!!! You've had quite a bit of growth. I just went back a few pages to compare!!! Nice!!!!
Thanks gena I appreciate it. I have definitely been getting good growth out of a lot of things. One thing that dries me crazy is that I get good growth out of sps but zoas do nothing!

All right, as a friend, you don't want this xenia. Standard pink plague variety. I might keep some for my wifes Pico, since that's the only reason I have Xenia to begin with. The anthelia has chocked out 80% of my Zoanthids, and I really can't do any thing about it. Sucks. I'm also formally drafting you for stand/plumbing duty. I'll pay you in beer and food, I swear. Your tank is TOTM material now, I have to play catch up.
Woah ca down with the totm talk. I don't think it's even close to being a totm tank. There are aome issues I new to address and the tank has some maturing to do. I think the fts makes it look better than it actually is lol. I'd love to help with the stand and plumbing, just le me know when. I might take some Xenia for you to put into a little project tank I'm thinking up as we speak. I'll run the idea by you and see what you think.
Oh, you don't think so? I don't see why not. Do you have a tiny patch of algae or something?

Been fighting cyano for months. No end in sight either.

Archived