Pod Your Reef

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and visited mind blowing corals yesterday for some posiedons feast which is a mixture of copepods and rotifers to seed my tank for my new mandarin. She is doing awesome and shows interest and picks at frozen food but I want to get her nice and fat and healthy. Algae barn is a local company to me makes the Poseidon's feast so its easy to get and I am supporting a local business. I also picked up a frag from mbc. Nothing too special but I have wanted some of these for a long time. I love that I have a vendor that sells really nice stuff so close to me.

IMAG0375_BURST002_COVER_zpsb4cda5d9.jpg

I was just wondering if you ever found out the type of wrasse you picked up the other day. I looked further into it and it looks like it could be Cirrhilabrus lineatus.

I was just wondering if you ever found out the type of wrasse you picked up the other day. I looked further into it and it looks like it could be Cirrhilabrus lineatus.

I haven't found a definite id yet. I am beginning to think it is a hybrid. I am thinking a female juvenile hybrid of some sort. All I know is it is a gorgeous fish. It has been very active and actually stands up to my female clown who can be very mean.

You got a mandarin!!!! Congrats :)
yup my wife finally talked me into it. It was picking at frozen t the store so I was ok with it. My wife finally got her little girl lol.

i just picked up some zoas and am crossing my fingers they color up to this! love the rust/pink mix in em. beautiful tank in general ;)
these have colored up a lot in my tank since unfit them. They are one of my faves now. They bring a nice bright splash of color to the tank. Thanks for the compliment.

Great shots jg!
thanks hype. My photography is a work in progress. These shots came out a little dark but I kind of like the look.

Tank looks great! Im thinking about upgrading from my Nuvo 8 to a 30. A guy is selling one locally for a good deal. Only thing that bothers me is that it has the white back wall. Not sure how dirty it will look lol

Tank looks great! Im thinking about upgrading from my Nuvo 8 to a 30. A guy is selling one locally for a good deal. Only thing that bothers me is that it has the white back wall. Not sure how dirty it will look lol

I've personally never liked the white back wall for that very reason. Yes the black gets dirty as well but a lot less noticeable than if it were white. If it's a good deal I don't know that I would pass it up though. I love my 30 but I need to upgrade lol

Nice rastas! Is that a rainbow monti to the right?

Thanks, the Rastas hemave been doing tmreally well. They are up top with the sps and love it. That is a rainbow monti but it is looking kind of sad recently. It has recededquite a bit and I have no idea why. All my other montis are doing great. The starburst monti has doubled in size since I got it.

I think I have made the decision to give metal halide a try. I have seen a lot of tanks lately that look really great under halide. The color and growth are insane. Some of the same sps I have in my tank looks 100 times better under halide. What do you guys think?

It has to be in stage between adult and juvenile because honestly I haven't seen one picture that looks anything like my wrasse does. Hopefully when it is an adult it will be easier to id.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived