inTank Media Baskets

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

I love all your macro shots! I enjoyed seeing the fuge life :) I also love how you describe all your fish's behavior so that I picture them with such distinct personalities. Too cute! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I noticed and I guess I'll have to figure out how to do so after I get a good camera ... Your pics and Vids are always +

Thanks

I love all your macro shots! I enjoyed seeing the fuge life :) I also love how you describe all your fish's behavior so that I picture them with such distinct personalities. Too cute! :)

Thank you both! :)

I love sharing what is going on in the aquarium. It is so much fun!

I made the clown fish a love shack from a 3" PVC coupling piece. So far Mork and Mindy are ignoring it. They prefer the Ric! :lol:

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

That is so creative. Can you move it near the rics? or put rics at its base? maybe they'll like it better? Maybe they didn't feel it was move-in ready without a ric flowerbed? .

I love the love shack! :wub: You are so creative and amazing at DIY. Hopefully the clownfish will figure out how awesome it is eventually. Clownfish never host what you want them to or what you would expect them to. I have several corals that I expected my clowns would host, but instead June hosts the zoanthids and Johnny hosts the chalice. Its weird that they host two separate things (granted they're next to each other) when they are definitely a mated pair of clowns. Also its really weird that Johnny hosts the chalice, which is flat, hard, has no tentacles, and provides no concealment or protection. Its about as far away from an anemone as you can get. My point is clownfish are nuts! :lol:

I made the clown fish a love shack from a 3" PVC coupling piece.

Oh noes, I'm going to be humming the B-52s for the next three days!

That is so creative. Can you move it near the rics? or put rics at its base? maybe they'll like it better? Maybe they didn't feel it was move-in ready without a ric flowerbed? .

thanks! I will have to try putting in a Ric welcome mat! :lol:

I love the love shack! :wub: You are so creative and amazing at DIY. Hopefully the clownfish will figure out how awesome it is eventually. Clownfish never host what you want them to or what you would expect them to. I have several corals that I expected my clowns would host, but instead June hosts the zoanthids and Johnny hosts the chalice. Its weird that they host two separate things (granted they're next to each other) when they are definitely a mated pair of clowns. Also its really weird that Johnny hosts the chalice, which is flat, hard, has no tentacles, and provides no concealment or protection. Its about as far away from an anemone as you can get. My point is clownfish are nuts! :lol:

Yup, you are right about them being one oar short. They are still lovin' on the Ric. I saw Skipper hanging out on it for the longest time today. Mindy let him sit there as long as he wanted. She was so generous. As soon as he left Mork and Mindy took over.

Oh noes, I'm going to be humming the B-52s for the next three days!

:lol: Me too. The whole time I was putting it together the fam was giving me strange looks as I hummed that song to myself!

Nice new pictures!

Thank you! :)

That's so awesome! Maybe you could sell them on etsy! :D So creative. If I had the room, I'd buy one.

I could sell them. If you or anyone on here wants one let me know. I will make one custome to match any tank decor!

One of the fans died due to salt creep build up. It was over the air bubbles and it was always covered in mist. I redesigned the placement of the fans. So, hubby helped me fix it. One of the fans still works and it is doing a great job.

It is college move in days this week and next week. We will be official empty nesters. I will not be posting as much as I like during this time.

Have fun every one!!! :wub:

Awww...I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet next couple of weeks for you.

I would totally buy one, but don't think I'd have adequate room for it. My clowns have been hanging out near my green monticap. I see them "cleaning" the rock too. I wonder if they will be spawning soon!

Awww...I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet next couple of weeks for you.

I would totally buy one, but don't think I'd have adequate room for it. My clowns have been hanging out near my green monticap. I see them "cleaning" the rock too. I wonder if they will be spawning soon!

It is bittersweet. We had a childhood meal last night as a nostalgia dinner, mac&cheese, corn, hot dogs with the butts cut off and apple juice. :)

I had some time this AM so I snapped pics of the tank for you, my N-R friends.

Click to enlarge.

Here you can see the Mork and Mindy under the monti above the Rics while Marty zooms by.

IMG_0001-X2.jpg

Full FTS with fuge

IMG_0002-X2.jpg

With Razor :wub: - the colors are incredible!

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

From the right - I am doing my best with the plugs and cables :mellow:

IMG_0004-X2.jpg

From the left is the fuge

IMG_0010-X2.jpg

Canopy work. You can see I reversed the front to back because the black hinge cast a huge shadow across the display portion of the tank. Now it is over the back chambers and I do not care about shadows back there. I also added a Skyye light over the fuge.

IMG_00071-X2.jpg

Back chambers

IMG_00061-X2.jpg

This one little fan keeps the temps at 79.5 F. When there were two it was down to about 77~78 F. Awesome!

IMG_00021-X2.jpg

A few more shots just for kicks :)

IMG_0006-X2.jpg

IMG_0005-X2.jpg

I love the photos from all the different angles. It gives such a nice overview of how its all laid out. Its looking great!

So is that the Razor Nano you put on there?

I ended up having to put fans on my seahorse tank and those tiny fans sure do cool things down a lot. You wouldn't think they could do so much as tiny as they are.

Man, I just really love this whole tank! You did such an amazing job :)

I love the photos from all the different angles. It gives such a nice overview of how its all laid out. Its looking great!

So is that the Razor Nano you put on there?

I ended up having to put fans on my seahorse tank and those tiny fans sure do cool things down a lot. You wouldn't think they could do so much as tiny as they are.

Man, I just really love this whole tank! You did such an amazing job :)

Thank you, Felicia. I did want to show everyone how it looks from all around.

That is a Razor but it is the 160w 27" 16K. It looks great.

I am acclimating two little leather frags I got from the LFS while baking an apple pie, LIKE A BOSS! :lol:

It is my boy's last night at home before the move in day so I am feeding him well. :D

It is bittersweet. We had a childhood meal last night as a nostalgia dinner, mac&cheese, corn, hot dogs with the butts cut off and apple juice. :)

I had some time this AM so I snapped pics of the tank for you, my N-R friends.

Click to enlarge.

Here you can see the Mork and Mindy under the monti above the Rics while Marty zooms by.

Full FTS with fuge

With Razor :wub: - the colors are incredible!

From the right - I am doing my best with the plugs and cables :mellow:

From the left is the fuge

Canopy work. You can see I reversed the front to back because the black hinge cast a huge shadow across the display portion of the tank. Now it is over the back chambers and I do not care about shadows back there. I also added a Skyye light over the fuge.

Back chambers

This one little fan keeps the temps at 79.5 F. When there were two it was down to about 77~78 F. Awesome!

A few more shots just for kicks :)

Wow ... that is some great work and a great looking tank !

Thank You

Wow ... that is some great work and a great looking tank !

+1

Thank you! I am glad you like it. :)

I added a Cabbage Leather and an un-ID'ed leather. I am setting the cabbage leather as a front door step tho the love shack.

I'll try to post pictures of the new frags tomorrow.

I am off to move-in day today.

I love the radion on the tank! Did you buy that for the new tank or did you borrow it from the big one? If it's a borrow...me thinks you need to buy one. ;)

Hugs for kids leaving the nest. :( I love your nostalgia dinner. I'm bummed that school starts next week, but I'm thankful it's just middle school and not college. I'm not ready for that yet. LOL

How far away will your kids be?

I love the radion on the tank! Did you buy that for the new tank or did you borrow it from the big one? If it's a borrow...me thinks you need to buy one. ;)

Hugs for kids leaving the nest. :( I love your nostalgia dinner. I'm bummed that school starts next week, but I'm thankful it's just middle school and not college. I'm not ready for that yet. LOL

How far away will your kids be?

Yeah I borrowed it from the 125g tank to see how it looks. It is the Razor. :)

I just snagged the one that flypenfly posted for sale on the hardware classifieds! :D

The kids are not out of state. Thank goodness! One is almost four hours away and the other is one hour away.

We are going to parent's dinner tonight for the one that is just one hour away.

Yeah it is a strange feeling to have them grown up and independent!

Yeah I borrowed it from the 125g tank to see how it looks. It is the Razor. :)

I just snagged the one that flypenfly posted for sale on the hardware classifieds! :D

The kids are not out of state. Thank goodness! One is almost four hours away and the other is one hour away.

We are going to parent's dinner tonight for the one that is just one hour away.

Yeah it is a strange feeling to have them grown up and independent!

Did I say Radion???? :lol: I meant Razor....those R's. Oh...nice snag!!!! :happydance:

I'm glad your kids are close and fairly close. I went to college in-state...Purdue University. It was 2hours from my parents. Close enough that I could go home whenever I wanted to. Though I never did. :lol:

I went to undergrad only an hour and a half from my hometown, so my parents really liked that :) For graduate school however, I moved to the opposite coast! I think that stressed my mom out for a while, but now that she's realized she has an excuse to come visit CA all the time, she doesn't mind. She comes out and stays with me a lot (my dad comes sometimes too, but he works and my mom doesn't) and I take her up to wine country and to all the pretty places around here. She can come visit me and have a vacation :lol:

So did your son seem more nervous or excited about leaving for school? I remember I was definitely a combination of the two when I left for college.

Did I say Radion???? :lol: I meant Razor....those R's. Oh...nice snag!!!! :happydance:

I'm glad your kids are close and fairly close. I went to college in-state...Purdue University. It was 2hours from my parents. Close enough that I could go home whenever I wanted to. Though I never did. :lol:

Wow! You are fierce, gena! Not ever feeling homesick enough to go home shows your independent spirit. Lucky for me my daughter wanted to come often the first year. It was a nice transition to independence. :)

I went to undergrad only an hour and a half from my hometown, so my parents really liked that :) For graduate school however, I moved to the opposite coast! I think that stressed my mom out for a while, but now that she's realized she has an excuse to come visit CA all the time, she doesn't mind. She comes out and stays with me a lot (my dad comes sometimes too, but he works and my mom doesn't) and I take her up to wine country and to all the pretty places around here. She can come visit me and have a vacation :lol:

So did your son seem more nervous or excited about leaving for school? I remember I was definitely a combination of the two when I left for college.

He is just like you. He is both excited and nervous. He is a serious young man and feels responsibility heavily. He is afraid of screwing up and loosing his scholarship. He will do fine! fingerscrossed

Where is your Citron? I feel a shot of yellow will POP in your tank.

He is in there but he is so tiny. :) Too cute.

Kat, you read my mind about the yellow. I have been on the hunt for yellow zoas and leathers. I want to try a yellow Gorg. I am looking for any suggestions. :)

Oh and I moved my yellow sponge a few months back into the macrogrow out tank. I must have done something terribly wrong because in a mater of days it turned white and stunk to high heaven. I do not mean to gross you out but the only way to describe it is that it was like a ball of pus! Ewww...

I am going to give a few sponges a try also. What do all of you think?

Wow! You are fierce, gena! Not ever feeling homesick enough to go home shows your independent spirit. Lucky for me my daughter wanted to come often the first year. It was a nice transition to independence. :)

He is just like you. He is both excited and nervous. He is a serious young man and feels responsibility heavily. He is afraid of screwing up and loosing his scholarship. He will do fine! fingerscrossed

He is in there but he is so tiny. :) Too cute.

Kat, you read my mind about the yellow. I have been on the hunt for yellow zoas and leathers. I want to try a yellow Gorg. I am looking for any suggestions. :)

I loved college. It helped that my older brother was there my first year. We even had a class together. :) If he wasn't there I'm sure I would have been home more often. I still enjoyed going home for holidays. Nothing like having your own room again. I hated sharing a dorm room.

Yellow fiji and yellow gorg. Look at KPA for the gorg. I have yellow midas zoas and they add a nice splash of yellow too. :)

I agree with Gena that the yellow gorgs from KPA are very nice. I got two of them and they are a nice pop of yellow/gold. They also sell the yellow ball sponges for cheap if you want to try again :)

Archived