Pod Your Reef

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Love the pics from outside the aquarium!!! I would like to see your fig tree! I just snapped this one. Mission figs on the tree in our backyard. Hope you don't mind me posting this here. :)

figs_zpsd5ff65f3.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all your outside photos! I wish I had a peacock and land like that :) I love living in the city, but it looks absolutely gorgeous where you live!

Love the pics from outside the aquarium!!! I would like to see your fig tree! I just snapped this one. Mission figs on the tree in our backyard. Hope you don't mind me posting this here. :)

Thank you, gena. I will snap a pic for you. Those are much bigger than the turkey figs. WOW Yummy! :-9

I love all your outside photos! I wish I had a peacock and land like that :) I love living in the city, but it looks absolutely gorgeous where you live!

Thank you, Felicia. It is worth the work I think. You will have it too, eventually, if you want it.

The polyps on my new leathers are not opening still today. The Tyree green polyp has peeked out a few briefly. The green glow toadstool leather has not so much as even peeked out on polyp.

How long does it take for them to get comfy? I have them on the sand bed, with moderate to flow. Do they need more light; ie higher up placement?

Gorgeous corals!!!! Leathers can take a while. Even a week or two to get comfy. Unless it's disintegrating, you have nothing to worry about. :)

They are finicky little creatures. They'll pull the same attitude if you accidentally brush them or bother them in any way. I like to think of them as teenagers. :P

They are finicky little creatures. They'll pull the same attitude if you accidentally brush them or bother them in any way. I like to think of them as teenagers. :P

Thanks Tailes. The Tyree green is still nice and extends its polyps every morning. The green glow TS is still refusing to cooperate!

Are you serious? You can post any pictures you like here. :)

Here are the Turkey figs on my tree.

Nibbled by some hungry critter ...

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

IMG_0012-X2.jpg

IMG_0013-X2.jpg

Cool..thanks for the pictures! Our figs are very similar looking. Are the dark ones ripe and ready to eat or do they get darker in color? My friend has a fig tree as well but her figs are ginormous and they stay yellow. They aren't as sweet as the mission figs either. We haven't figured out what type of fig she has. You and I should do a fig exchange. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, how've ya been? Been wondering. I was reading through my old conversations and made me think of you. How's your salty world?

I was wondering too. I sent her a PM last week. She's fine, just busy. :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I am sorry for forgetting to post that I would be away for a long visit with Family in Portugal. It was very uncool to make my NR friends worry. Thanks Gena for posting :)

All is well in the world of Skipper and friends. The corals have grown a bunch since I last posted. Skipper has lost some weight. It seems is he slower to eat than the others. All the food gets slurped up before he even thinks about taking a bite. What a dopey fish! LOL I make sure I spread the food around so he has been eating better!

Here are some pictures! You may click to enlarge. :D

IMG_0001-X2.jpg

Right hand side of the arch. The sympodium has exploded across the top of the rock.

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

I thought the dot daisies were goners a few months ago. Mark pointed out the may just be spreading out. He was right . I had baby daisies spread out all over the place. Here they are on their original rock getting bushy again.

IMG_0002-X2.jpg

The Duncans are doing really well. I divided the original colony. These started out as four heads. I have lost count now.You can also see the tentacles are out on the Trumpet coral.Love it! :)

IMG_0004-X2.jpg

The Toadstool Mushies from Morgan are spectacular!

IMG_0005-X2.jpg

The LR rubble on the back wall worked out better than I expected. Here are the Frogspawn that I divided. Each head is now splitting.

IMG_0007-X2.jpg

I hope the GSP will not be too much trouble to trim back when the time comes.

IMG_0011-X2.jpg

Right side of the back wall.

IMG_0014-X2.jpg

The feather duster is so spectacular. The Coco worm is behind it and not visible on the picture.

IMG_0015-X2.jpg

The baby Hammer I took off the Momma Hammer's skeleton looks really great. So wonderful that it survived!

IMG_0016-X2.jpg

Two birds nests made it! :)

IMG_0019-X2.jpg

Some close-ups!

IMG_0020-X2.jpg

I love the blue and green on the Sympodium.

IMG_0024-X2.jpg

I really am in love with those pink speckles on the Paly.

IMG_0028-X2.jpg

One of the Duncan colonies is lighter than the other. IDK why.

IMG_0030-X2.jpg

They are both on the sand but here is the darker twin.

IMG_0032-X2.jpg

Feathery!

IMG_0036-X2.jpg

Forest of neon dots

IMG_0038-X2.jpg

Gorilla Nipples (?)

IMG_0034-X2.jpg

Fluffy, puffy mushroom with speckles too!

IMG_0042-X2.jpg

Rock anemone on the front of the tank.

IMG_0043-X2.jpg

More to come.

Very nice Ercilia and welcome back ... Hope you had a great time in Portugal ...

Thank you Albert. It was absolutely wonderful.

Here are some pictures of the fuge side of the tank.

IMG_0045-X2.jpg

I call these the ET Fingers macro.

IMG_0046-X2.jpg

Here is the base of the ET Fingers with coralline algae on it!

IMG_0056-X2.jpg

IMG_0048-X2.jpg

I place the Kenya branches that have dropped from the tank into the fuge. They are surviving well!

IMG_0047-X2.jpg

Tiny nem ...

IMG_0057-X2.jpg

Whitish tunicate on the nem rock

IMG_0060-X2.jpg

Cool shot of a tiny Keyhole limpet with water bubbles streaming past it.

IMG_0061-X2.jpg

IMG_0063-X2.jpg

Best close up of it yet ...

IMG_0069-X2.jpg

Great pictures!

TY, Fred. I love my new-to-me camera. I haven't taken pics of everything yet. I need to click a pic of Felicia's Green LT mushie. It decided to move behind the arch but it is HUGE now.

Work is blocking the pics :(

Same .... time to remote desktop to my home computer. :)

Dang it, guys! Time to find new jobs. ;)

jedimasterben

On lunch, and the pictures are great! :)

I wonder how long til the network guys unblock Imageshack for me. They got tired of getting hundreds of notifications daily of Photobucket being blocked, so they decided to let that through for me lol

Thanks guys. I am so glad you got a chance to see the pictures. :)

I like smugmug. I did not think it was popular enough to block. I guess I was wrong.

I am trying to catch up on a few threads. I am feeling myself getting sucked into spending mo' money! So much cool coral.

jedimasterben

I like smugmug. I did not think it was popular enough to block. I guess I was wrong.

It's not that the site itself is blocked, but the category of the site is blocked at that level.

You have had amazing growth!!!!! Looks wonderful!!!!

I didn't want to say you were away on vacation, cuz well, you know that's not a wise thing to announce on the internet. :lol:

I figured telling everyone you were just really busy would suffice. :)

So glad you are back. :D

Archived