Pod Your Reef

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Hammer' is a frogspawn.

Everything looks great!

You're right, good catch. Miss E you has a froggie! And my fav color froggie too.

Oops. Thanks Pschom and Kat. :) Yes. I mis-typed. The Hammer is a whole lot smaller and the little hammer baby is hanging in there. It is sooooo tiny but has two rows of tentacles now. :wub:

this macro pic is warped due to the bow front but there is Junior. I cut him off the skeleton of the Momma hammer.

IMG_0078-L.jpg

That baby hammer is soooo cool!

Thanks! I hope it continues to grow.

Here is new little thing I found on the glass this week end. I think it is a baby limpet. Where has it been hiding all this time? It is so small it has probably been here all along and I never knew it! It is about 1/8 of an inch long. What are the little black spots at the base of the antennae? Eyes?

Click on the photo to magnify the image. Notice the tiny copepods. I did not see them at all until I looked at the picture!

IMG_0045-X3.jpg

Thanks! I hope it continues to grow.

Here is new little thing I found on the glass this week end. I think it is a baby limpet. Where has it been hiding all this time? It is so small it has probably been here all along and I never knew it! It is about 1/8 of an inch long. What are the little black spots at the base of the antennae? Eyes?

Click on the photo to magnify the image. Notice the tiny copepods. I did not see them at all until I looked at the picture!

IMG_0045-X3.jpg

Its so funny looking! Cute!

KristinNoelle87

Very nice tank! I really like all of your amazing pictures. I love the picture of your little citron goby. :wub: I started my first tank in February and that was my very first saltwater fish! I love when they perch on the glass :happy:

Very nice tank! I really like all of your amazing pictures. I love the picture of your little citron goby. :wub: I started my first tank in February and that was my very first saltwater fish! I love when they perch on the glass :happy:

Thank you, KristenNoelle87. :) Skipper steals the show. Doesn't he? He is my first SW fish too. Congratulations on you new SW obsession. :D

I like your new sig. Nice looking icons there!

Thank you. I had help from my talented son. :) I will let him know you had nice words for his efforts.

Its so funny looking! Cute!

Yeah he is! He has disappeared back into his hiding places. I cannot find him. He is better at hiding in plain sight than the famous Waldo. :)

`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

So I built a rock wall for Skipper to climb. :D

IMG_0001-X2.jpg

IMG_0002-X2.jpg

The tank is on its side because I just finished adding a little bit of sand, shells and rubble to the side of the pump compartment on the fuge side.

IMG_0008-X2.jpg

Wow! Very cool!!!!! Awesome work there!!!! I like the siggie too. :)

Thanks, Gena. We will see the whole thing put together pretty soon.

Hello, fellow enthusiasts! :D

Here is the latest news on the deluxe apartment for Skipper and crew.

On Friday (day before yesterday), using the water I took from the macro grow-out tank,12g and 125g for a water change I filled the 34g and topped it of with some newly mixed RSCP salt water. I added Dr. Tims bacteria yesterday morning. The bacteria must really like it in the dirty water because today the water is murky like swamp water. :)

I transferred some of the live rock from the nano's fuge into the new fuge. The rock wall and the new sand will be colonized with beneficial bacteria in short order. I have no lights running on the new pad and will take water parameter readings mid-week. I noticed some small bristle worms that were blown out of the live rocks on the bottom of the tank where there was not enough sand to cover the glass. They may not be feeling so well from the change in water conditions. On the day of the final transfer I will be cleaning the nano's sand and adding that to the new tank as well. I am sure I will find even more bristle worms then. Eeeek!

The heat from the pump is bringing the water temp up to 82.5 ~ 83oF with the glass canopy on top. I am sure the nice warm temps also encouraged the bacterial bloom. In an attempt to bring down the water temp, I purchased two small PC fans to put on the back of the canopy to get some air flow across the top of the water. I will also drill some holes and install grommets in the canopy lid to let out the hot air the fans move from on the surface of the water. The nano stays at 77~79oF with the PC fans blowing but it has a much smaller pump running. I hope Skipper and the crew, including the corals can get used to the higher temperatures. I hope to keep it at 81 F with just fans.

That is all the ovservations I have to report for now. I would love to hear any ideas or input you have about this set up.

Thanks all! :)

Photos :D

New murky tank

IMG_0006-XL.jpg

IMG_0003-XL.jpg

FTS: Click to see ginormous pic :)

IMG_0009-X3.jpg

Marty is waving his fins hello. :)

IMG_0090-X3.jpg

IMG_0091-X3.jpg

Pictures from above. Again you can click to see the bigger images.

Skipper says, "Glad you could stop by!"

IMG_0084-X3.jpg

IMG_0020-X3.jpg

IMG_0021-X3.jpg

IMG_0049-X3.jpg

Blue sympodium is admired by all, including Skipper.

IMG_0042-X3.jpg

Lots of growth and polyps on the Montipora but not much color. :unsure:

IMG_0053-X3.jpg

IMG_0057-X3.jpg

Blue mushroom is fighting the Montipora for its real estate. I think the shroom is keeping the monti in check.

IMG_0055-X3.jpg

IMG_0055-X3.jpg

IMG_0056-X3.jpg

Baby hammer in the middle :wub:

IMG_0058-X3.jpg

IMG_0064-X3.jpg

IMG_0060-X3.jpg

IMG_0079-X3.jpg

I love-love-love-love all the zoas and palys in your tank. :wub:

If I could convince Veng (and not be having a baby at the same time) I want to do a baby zoa/paly garden. Moar colors! :P

Thanks, tailes! :D

I think you should have your every wish granted! After all you are bringing a new life into our world!

So in honor of the new arrival you should create a baby Zoa/Paly garden in pinks to celebrate femininity, blues to celebrate the masculine, green and yellow to celebrate the surprise babies that get misidentified on the ultrasound readings! :lol:

Eight weeks to full term! Time has flown. :D

+1

and, I love your DIY skills :)

Awww...baby talk. Fall time always gives me that gooey baby mushy feeling cuz my son was born in the fall. Even after 13 years, EVERY fall I STILL get that amazing feeling of new baby excitement. :)

Thanks, tailes! :D

I think you should have your every wish granted! After all you are bringing a new life into our world!

So in honor of the new arrival you should create a baby Zoa/Paly garden in pinks to celebrate femininity, blues to celebrate the masculine, green and yellow to celebrate the surprise babies that get misidentified on the ultrasound readings! :lol:

Eight weeks to full term! Time has flown. :D

As Veng reminds me, boil this frog slowly. ;) I'll definitely be looking into doing something after August 10. (9th I have a big exam I'm studying for :scarry: and the 10th is my shower :happydance: )

+1

Awww...baby talk. Fall time always gives me that gooey baby mushy feeling cuz my son was born in the fall. Even after 13 years, EVERY fall I STILL get that amazing feeling of new baby excitement. :)

:happy: And this little one is going to be tons of fun. Especially if she comes a week early (on my birthday)!

Your tank continues to be amazing! I love it!

Thank you, Cynthia! I like this tank so much. I hope I manage the transfer without incident.

+1

Thanks, Gena. I like doing things myself. That way you get just what you want. Right?

Fall is always so exciting. I am loving this summer though. The weather is not as severe this summer as it has been in the past. It is in the low 70s in the morning. I open all the windows and turn on the attic fan. All the stale air goes out and the fresh comes in. :)

As Veng reminds me, boil this frog slowly. ;) I'll definitely be looking into doing something after August 10. (9th I have a big exam I'm studying for :scarry: and the 10th is my shower :happydance: )

:happy: And this little one is going to be tons of fun. Especially if she comes a week early (on my birthday)!

Oh, you are in for a fantastic roller coaster ride. Just let go, put your arms up and enjoy. Don't forget, it is okay to scream your head off when it gets scary and laugh a lot when it gets thrilling. :happy:

Parameters on the 34 gallon.

temp 82.5 F :: SG 1.025 :: pH 7.8 :: alk. 11 dKH :: ammonia 0.25 ~ 0.50 ppm :: Nitrates not detectable

The bacterial bloom after adding Dr. Tim's has cleared up a bit. Today I added some Chaeto from the fuge on the 12 gallon tank. The live rock that I had transferred on Saturday is loaded with tiny vermetid worms. Yesterday they were all spinning their long mucous webs. Gross!

If the ammonia stays level or diminishes over the next few days I may just acclimate and transfer over the clowns and green chromis to help the cycle along.

So excited! :D

Awe....my son was due a week after my birthday but ended up a little late. Our birthdays are 10 days apart. :) When is your due date?

Parameters on the 34 gallon.

temp 82.5 F :: SG 1.025 :: pH 7.8 :: alk. 11 dKH :: ammonia 0.25 ~ 0.50 ppm :: Nitrates not detectable

The bacterial bloom after adding Dr. Tim's has cleared up a bit. Today I added some Chaeto from the fuge on the 12 gallon tank. The live rock that I had transferred on Saturday is loaded with tiny vermetid worms. Yesterday they were all spinning their long mucous webs. Gross!

If the ammonia stays level or diminishes over the next few days I may just acclimate and transfer over the clowns and green chromis to help the cycle along.

So excited! :D

I'm excited for you. :)

Awe....my son was due a week after my birthday but ended up a little late. Our birthdays are 10 days apart. :) When is your due date?

I'm excited for you. :)

My due date is 9/10, but she could come on 9/3 :wub:

Wow! Look at those DIY skills. I love that rock wall and can't wait to see how it all looks once the water clears up. I gotta get moving again on my build.

Gorgeous photos of the tank. I :wub: Skipper. He looks huge in the FTS. I am going to have to get a citrinis clown goby for my seahorse tank.

before

IMG_0003-L.jpg

Now

IMG_0002-XL.jpg

IMG_0006-XL.jpg

Wow! Look at those DIY skills. I love that rock wall and can't wait to see how it all looks once the water clears up. I gotta get moving again on my build.

Gorgeous photos of the tank. I :wub: Skipper. He looks huge in the FTS. I am going to have to get a citrinis clown goby for my seahorse tank.

Thanks, Felicia! :)

You will not regret getting a Citrinis goby. They are such characters and easy keepers. :D

My due date is 9/10, but she could come on 9/3 :wub:

September baby! It is going to be a great holiday season for you guys. :)

Archived