Pod Your Reef

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like my new camera. I take pictures almost every day. I am putting together a video of MyAtlantis some time soon before it all gets upgraded. :)

I used peroxide to kill some HA the CUC were ignoring in between the daisies. They closed up for a day but are now open. You can see the empty spot in the middle where there is only a few nubs of tissue where the algae was smothering the polyps.

IMG_0013-XL.jpg

I saw the feeding tentacles for the first time today when I fed the Trumpets under a bottle. :)

You can see one on the left head.

IMG_0008-XL.jpg

The Ricordea floridas are not bothered by the tunicate. So far so good.

IMG_0204-X2.jpg

He brightens my day. :)

Me too, Gena. Thank you. :)

I can't believe you managed to get such amazing shots the the 6-line. You have amazing camera skills! That fish is adorable! Those eyes!

Also, I :wub: Skipper!

TY Felicia! :D

I got lucky on the third try for the sixline. I love his eyes that is why I named him Marty Feldman. I am mesmerized by those colors. Powerful red stripes, intense blue pectoral fins and that lovely bright green on the tail. Who could ask for any more?

Skipper is still chill. Always in control and very dignified. :wub:

Some more pictures for youse! :D

The Undata is making a recovery. Nano power!

IMG_0020-X2.jpg

Click on the picture to see a bigger image where you can view the ruffled edges of the cup-shaped polyps.

IMG_0042-X2.jpg

IMG_0043-X2.jpg

The Birds nest is also hanging in there after losing some flesh in the 125 g tank. Take that big tank! :D

IMG_0018-X2.jpg

Closer to the healthiest branch.

IMG_0039-X2.jpg

Prettiness everywhere!

IMG_0021-X2.jpg

Blue Sympodium up top.

IMG_0035-X2.jpg

Green curly grass...

IMG_0093-X2.jpg

The Hammer is doing well still.

IMG_0095-X2.jpg

Awesome recoveries!!!!! :happydance:

Thanks! I am so relieved that I haven't killed two lovely corals! (Yet ;) )

oOOo~~~ooooOo~~~~~ >((((<(`>.oO

Here are more pictures. I apologize to those who are not on high speed internet!

FTS

IMG_0080-X2.jpg

IMG_0030-X2.jpg

Bowfront warp on the next two pics <_<

IMG_0076-X2.jpg

IMG_0026-X2.jpg

IMG_0036-X2.jpg

Plenty of sunshine headed my way! :D

IMG_0185-X2.jpg

IMG_0184-X2.jpg

IMG_0152-X2.jpg

I just picked up one of these 6 lines...he's is QT now. So cute!

I just picked up one of these 6 lines...he's is QT now. So cute!

Congrats! you will love it!

Here is a few more shots of Marty (bendy fish) for you Zeph.

IMG_0106-X2.jpg

IMG_0107-X2.jpg

IMG_0120-X2.jpg

Congrats! you will love it!

Here is a few more shots of Marty (bendy fish) for you Zeph.

IMG_0106-X2.jpg

IMG_0107-X2.jpg

IMG_0120-X2.jpg

My QT tank is running like 84 this summer, I think I ahould take him out ASAP and get him into a chilled reef. HEy those Yellow polyps look good. You must be feeding them. THose yellows really need to be fede even though they are photosynthetitic,

My QT tank is running like 84 this summer, I think I ahould take him out ASAP and get him into a chilled reef. HEy those Yellow polyps look good. You must be feeding them. THose yellows really need to be fede even though they are photosynthetitic,

Marty likes to mug for the camera. This tank stays around 77 F and he is very active. :)

These Yellow polyps love to eat and I love to feed them. :)

I have had to prune them frequently and now I have about two dozen extra little polyps growing in my pest Pico. Any one want some? I would be happy to send them your way. The same for the whamin watermelon zoas, I hate to throw out corals.

Incredible pics!!!! Especially of Marty!! Love head on one!!!!

Oh and Skipper too.

Skipper is so "I don't care" about Marty taking some of the lime light. :) As long as Marty does not take his food Skipper is very chill.

Such a pretty tank. :)

Those darn pink birdsnest are persnickety. So far that's the only birdsnest I've ever had any issues with.

Such a pretty tank. :)

Those darn pink birdsnest are persnickety. So far that's the only birdsnest I've ever had any issues with.

Thanks Mark. :)

Hopefully it will stay pretty when I move everything to the new tank. :scarry:

jedimasterben

The same for the whamin watermelon zoas, I hate to throw out corals.

I'll take the zoas, my friend is just setting his 6g tank back up and only has a couple of corals to go in it. :)

Okay. PM me the details. I have two Whamin Watermelon polyps, about 20 Yellow Polyps and 2 tan with yellow mouths Zoa all healed up.

Wow, the undata looks WAY better! Its got great PE, so I think its definitely going to be fine. Just give it some time to get its nice colors back. It still looks pretty faded in that photo. When its colored up, it has a really pretty purple color to the base with BRIGHT red polyps, hence why its called the fire polyp undata. :)

Wow, the undata looks WAY better! Its got great PE, so I think its definitely going to be fine. Just give it some time to get its nice colors back. It still looks pretty faded in that photo. When its colored up, it has a really pretty purple color to the base with BRIGHT red polyps, hence why its called the fire polyp undata. :)

I am really happy that I did not completely kill it with kindness (too much light from the Razors). :)

I am really happy that I did not completely kill it with kindness (too much light from the Razors). :)

I'm glad it pulled through :) Not that it would have been your fault. Silly lights!

We had a storm blow through yesterday. I have battery operated airstones. They came in handy. After a few hours we were notified that the power outage was going to be prolonged so we turned on our generator and hooked up the aquariums and fridge. After all that work the power came back on half an hour later. Tra-la-la-la-laaa troll.

We also had minor wind damage to our roof, trees and fences so I will be MIA from NR this weekend.

Have a good one everyone!

:)

Love the 6 line pictures. Skipper is looking comfortable too.

Thanks, Kat. They are both getting along so well I hope it stays that way fo'evah!

oOOo~~~ooooOo~~~~~ >((((<(`>.oO

I took a break from the heat outside. I filled the 34g tank to make sure the flow is like I want with the chambers and the fuge division in place. It all works perfectly.

I highly recommend the Lifegard QuietOne Pro pumps. They really are QUIET! I have the 3000 model which moves about 800 gph but is adjustable to less if that is too strong.

At first I used another pump, the Mag Drive Supreme 5 Pump, and it was so noisy I took it out and got the QuietOne.

jedimasterben

How long had you used the Mag5? I know they do have a bit of break-in time, and after that they quiet down. There are also a couple other things that you can do, like putting a rubber bit under the pump to stave off vibration. Mag pumps are reliable as all get-out, I wish I would have paid the extra and gotten a Mag 9 for my big tank instead cheaping out with the Marineland NJ4500 :/

How long had you used the Mag5? I know they do have a bit of break-in time, and after that they quiet down. There are also a couple other things that you can do, like putting a rubber bit under the pump to stave off vibration. Mag pumps are reliable as all get-out, I wish I would have paid the extra and gotten a Mag 9 for my big tank instead cheaping out with the Marineland NJ4500 :/

It is new. But it rattles and is really loud even just suspended in the water. I will be using it outside in a garden pond. Ou there the noise will not annoy me. ;)

I guess I am too much of a newbie to realize that pumps need a break in period.

The LifeGard Pro was quiet right out of the box. :D

We had a storm blow through yesterday. I have battery operated airstones. They came in handy. After a few hours we were notified that the power outage was going to be prolonged so we turned on our generator and hooked up the aquariums and fridge. After all that work the power came back on half an hour later. Tra-la-la-la-laaa troll.

We also had minor wind damage to our roof, trees and fences so I will be MIA from NR this weekend.

Have a good one everyone!

:)

Oh wow! Glad the tanks survived the storm. I miss storms but not storm damage. Good luck with your repairs/cleanup this weekend!!!! I hope it's not supposed to be too hot.

Archived