SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I think I may pick up one more brs deluxe reactor and separate them all off of the mj1200. So that way I can replace the gfo more often.

Check out my reactor setup :) (BRS Deluxe reactors x3)

• Like 1

I think I may pick up one more brs deluxe reactor and separate them all off of the mj1200. So that way I can replace the gfo more often.

I have heard the deluxe reactors are worth the $$

Check out my reactor setup :) (BRS Deluxe reactors x3)

I like your tank :) Set it up faster!

• Like 1

I have heard the deluxe reactors are worth the $$

I like your tank :) Set it up faster!

I've never used, or seen, their standard one, but read (and verified) the Deluxe is more compact which I needed given there are three in my stand.

Setting it up as fast as the cycle, and my cash supply, will allow >_< About to post my potential stocking list though!

• Like 1

Setting it up as fast as the cycle, and my cash supply, will allow >_< About to post my potential stocking list though!

Dump a bottle of Dr. Tim's in there with some established LR like I did and go to town! lol

I wonder what you will want to stock??

• Like 1

Dump a bottle of Dr. Tim's in there with some established LR like I did and go to town! lol

I wonder what you will want to stock??

My dry Puakni from BRS was cooking for over two months and (don't tell anyone) I've put a firefish in the tank already. Have also been dosing microbacter7, think the cycle will be done soon.

Posted a stock list in my thread :D

• Like 1

Do you have the gen1 or gen2 radion? How fast does your SPS grow and do you do dose anything or rely on water changes?

Assuming I'll have to end up dosing if I get as much SPS as I want...and clams...

Looking great Matt!

Thanks Brian!

Do you have the gen1 or gen2 radion? How fast does your SPS grow and do you do dose anything or rely on water changes?

Assuming I'll have to end up dosing if I get as much SPS as I want...and clams...

gen1. I have two BRS 1.1ml/sec dosers that use bionic two-part. I dose about 7.7ml a day of Ca and Alk, which keep my levels around 380-410 Ca and 9.0-9.4 alk. I do 5g water changes every two weeks and use a skimmer, GFO, and carbon.

Oh man, Sorry Indy about the wrasse, it was beautiful!

Otherwise the tank looks great!!!!

I should have been clearer. The wrasse pictured is alive, well, and eating pellets and frozen. I bought a different species of leopard wrasse that did not make it. I don't like taking pics of fish too early as I think it might be bad luck lol.

• Like 2

gen1. I have two BRS 1.1ml/sec dosers that use bionic two-part. I dose about 7.7ml a day of Ca and Alk, which keep my levels around 380-410 Ca and 9.0-9.4 alk. I do 5g water changes every two weeks and use a skimmer, GFO, and carbon.

I should have been clearer. The wrasse pictured is alive, well, and eating pellets and frozen. I bought a different species of leopard wrasse that did not make it. I don't like taking pics of fish too early as I think it might be bad luck lol.

I'll have to look into squeezing dosers in my stand o_o

Pictures too early steals their soul!!!

• Like 1

Sorry for the second post in a row >_< Do you dose Mag?

Was looking at the two doser pump combo pack at BRS and noticed it includes three jugs, Ca, Alk and Mag. After reading the instructions I realized why it comes with two pumps and three jugs. You have to add in the Mag manually, either over time or when 1g of Ca/Alk has been used. Defeats the purpose of the whole automation thing if you still have to remember to add Mag in manually...would have to buy a third doser pump to keep things automated.

Sorry for the second post in a row >_< Do you dose Mag?

Was looking at the two doser pump combo pack at BRS and noticed it includes three jugs, Ca, Alk and Mag. After reading the instructions I realized why it comes with two pumps and three jugs. You have to add in the Mag manually, either over time or when 1g of Ca/Alk has been used. Defeats the purpose of the whole automation thing if you still have to remember to add Mag in manually...would have to buy a third doser pump to keep things automated.

I do dose mag, but just a couple tbs a week with a seachem dry mix. The b-ionic 2 part has some mag in it I think so the corals get what they need. I just add a little extra just in case, even though the amount I add is so low there is no way I could overdose. I know it is bad, but I don't even test for mag(I do test for Ca, Alk, Nirtrate, and phos weekly). I am a believer that as long as you set up a good, stable, dosing regime, you are fine. Stability is the key, not hitting the right number.

• Like 1

I am a believer that as long as you set up a good, stable, dosing regime, you are fine. Stability is the key, not hitting the right number.

I agree completely :) Thank you for all of the info on your tank!

Not to derail this thread anymore, but Seiryoku are you aware of that cheaper chinese BM knock off triple doser for around $180 shipped? I cant remember the name now, but im sure if you spend some time googling knock off bubble magnus doser it will be easy to find.

Had great reviews, and an even better price.

are you happy with your SRO xp1000?

Very. The sump of my tank stinks because it is always pulling dark green stuff out of the tank. It is a little finicky with the water level and any water fluctuations though.

Very. The sump of my tank stinks because it is always pulling dark green stuff out of the tank. It is a little finicky with the water level and any water fluctuations though.

what depth do you run it at and also why not get the reef octopus neck extension? heard it makes it more stable some how

basically getting it for free so i don't really care if it works or not but i guess it couldn't go bad

looking really good!

Love the tank, it's looking good! Out of curiosity, how long have you had the sand sifting star?

I have had it for about a couple weeks or so. It isn't something I really wanted for the tank, but kinda was forced to take. I am not sure I will keep it long term.

what depth do you run it at and also why not get the reef octopus neck extension? heard it makes it more stable some how

basically getting it for free so i don't really care if it works or not but i guess it couldn't go bad

looking really good!

My entire 10g sump runs at about 5inches of water and is kept stable. I mentioned water fluctuations if your ATO goes crazy or you top off water by hand. I bought mine used and I don't think I could have spent the money on a better skimmer.
  • Like 1

I've all ways thought zeovit was an overcomplicated and costly system, at least from my own research. You can't deny the positive benefits (we've all seen the TOTM zeovit users) but it just seems like such a chore in comparison to average nutrient export* and a conservative feeding regiment. That said, I haven't used it, and if you don't mind doseing the 4-10 different products as needed then I say go for it.

I was talking to someone recently about the zeo system and how the sps look kind of faded or pastel color. We were thinking its because the water is stripped of so much! There some systems that look killer and I think those are the ones that make sure they are dosing all that is required and I think those feed the corals. Sounds expensive

Ya, it is expensive. But I have spent enough building the tank up I would really like to be able to get the best growth I can. I feel like I could control it more than biopellets... maybe.

• Like 1