SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Same, I've seen them on YouTube, if I had a store like that near me it would be my wallets worst nightmare. :)

I have been resisting the urge to go there and get a frag of their Blue Monster Stag, which starts at around 60 a frag. Ouch...

You're tank is getting very nicely stocked. Do you have a spot picked out for a stag?

I have spaced next to my green slimer and cali tort that I think I will put it. It is not in view from the front, but it will have lots of space to grow out and I will see it eventually.

I picked up a female melaegris leopard wrasse today. The shop only had it in for a day, but it was out in their tanks and picking at the rocks. It wasn't eating in the store, but they is pretty common with these fish. I took a chance because it was a decent price. It dove right into the sand after acclimating it. I am hoping for the best.

• Like 1

Good luck!

Thanks man!

I feel like I am overdue for a picture update now that the tank is no longer in crisis mode. I'll make some time to get some growth shots. Is there anything in particular that you want to see? I will try to accommodate requests :)

Mr. Microscope

I'd love to see some nice closeups of that stylo. Maybe an update on your BTA.

Oh, and TOP-DOWN shots!!! Those are awesome if done right. If you don't have a viewing box you can build one out of some cheap acrylic.

• Like 1

Thanks man!

I feel like I am overdue for a picture update now that the tank is no longer in crisis mode. I'll make some time to get some growth shots. Is there anything in particular that you want to see? I will try to accommodate requests :)

So - what are you waiting for?

• Like 1

I'd love to see some nice closeups of that stylo. Maybe an update on your BTA.

Oh, and TOP-DOWN shots!!! Those are awesome if done right. If you don't have a viewing box you can build one out of some cheap acrylic.

I am looking around for parts to see if I can make a box but I might just buy one from avast.

So - what are you waiting for?

lol. I'll post them tomorrow. Today got crazy, quick.

simply beautiful

could I see some more photo of the mesh screen ?

thanks

Thanks! I'll see what I can do

Very nice tank :)

What is your current stock list?

Lets see. The new leopard wrasse didn't make it, so that puts me at x2 picasso b grade clowns, x1 ornate leopard wrasse, x1 fairy wrasse, x1 possum wrasse, and x1 Yasha gobie w/ pistol shrimp. If you are interested in inverts, I have x2 cleaner shrimp, x2 acro crabs, 2-3 turbo snails, a sand sifting star, a couple of emerald crabs, 6 or 8 nass snails, a couple and around 15 red banded trochus snails (best snails around imo). I think that's it.

Been awhile since I visited. The tank looks great!!!! Your sps are doing swimmingly!!!!

Thanks man! Since I took the biopellets offline, things have picked back up. Still waiting on some stubborn SPS to start growing though...

• Like 1

You know i skimmed the first 7 pages, and tried to figure it out without asking.

Whats your maintnence/nutrient control method? I see skimmer & a reactor for GFO (?)....but nothing else.

Love whatever that encrusting coral is below the big colony of Red palys. What is that?

I have the sunset monti and the encrusting cyphestrea(was sold to me as meteor shower, but I am not sure as the polyps are a very pale red)

It's a nice orange Acan enhinata or a type of brain coral.

Aka acan brain coral

I think he was looking at the monti of the cyphestrea. I don't have any acans or brains. I am not really an LPS guy :D

You know i skimmed the first 7 pages, and tried to figure it out without asking.

Whats your maintnence/nutrient control method? I see skimmer & a reactor for GFO (?)....but nothing else.

Skimmer, GFO, and 5g water change every 2 weeks. That's it. I took my biopellets offline because they just started working too well.

Feed moderatly?

I too stopped carbon dosing, but for a slighlty different reason (my skimmer couldn't handle all the gunk, I was having to break it down every 5 days to keep it working well). Also my corals were starting too look very blnd so I was over doing it.

Now I'm looking for another way too keep the fish fed well but the algae away and the corals colored up. Your tank looks great, ill try this for a few months and see how it does.

Tank looks awesome!

Thanks!

That giant orange thing totally looks something like thishttp://www.ratemyfishtank.com/popular-name-photos/Acanthastrea+Echinata in the picture

I'll have to get a better pic of the monti colony later, but right now it is still coloring back up from the biopellets mishap. I'll get a shot of it in a few weeks so you can see it better.

Feed moderatly? I too stopped carbon dosing, but for a slighlty different reason (my skimmer couldn't handle all the gunk, I was having to break it down every 5 days to keep it working well). Also my corals were starting too look very blnd so I was over doing it. Now I'm looking for another way too keep the fish fed well but the algae away and the corals colored up. Your tank looks great, ill try this for a few months and see how it does.

I feed probably close to a blister pack cube a day. I would suggest that you build an algae turf scrubber. If I had more room in my sump, that's what I would be running instead of GFO and a skimmer. There are a few locals that have great success with them.

Matt the tank is looking great dude! No more carbon in your reactor? Or you've Always just run gfo and a skimmer and biopellets which are now out.

Matt the tank is looking great dude! No more carbon in your reactor? Or you've Always just run gfo and a skimmer and biopellets which are now out.

Oh, I am running carbon as well. I have 2 TLF150 reactors that are tee'd into my mag7 return pump. I forgot to mention the ROX carbon. :)

I think I may pick up one more brs deluxe reactor and separate them all off of the mj1200. So that way I can replace the gfo more often.