Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

How are you liking that skimmer guy?

The frags from Battlecorals arrived safe and sound. So I have the PC superman, BC raindrops on roses milli, red robin, and tyree pink lemonade. All 4 had PE within a minute of hitting my water. The raindrops on roses milli is a little pale, but other than that I am super happy with the order. I would encourage anyone who wants super colorful and healthy SPS to not hesitate from ordering from Adam @ Battlecorals. He is a good guy - he even threw in the red robin frag for as a bonus.

Some day gotta make trip to battle. He some what local to me. Always hear that you really get hook up in person.

• Like 1

Nope, I'm right there with you. Is it weird that I liked watching the video? :lol:

It can't be weird if we both like it, right?

How are you liking that skimmer guy?

Some day gotta make trip to battle. He some what local to me. Always hear that you really get hook up in person.

The skimmer is great. It doesn't always produce a full cup of skim, but I take that to mean that it is oversized for my tank and doesn't always have enough DOC in the water to keep a strong foam head. If DOCs creep up, it removes them. I love this skimmer - it is the quietest skimmer I have ever had the opportunity to see or use in person.

I wish I still lived in Wisconsin - I was born and raised in Milwaukee. I would be visiting Adam at BC down near Lake Geneva all the time lol. You should go! He is a really great guy.

• Like 2

This is where my skimmer is set right now. Is it weird that I like watching it skim?

It's not weird. I'm enjoying your skimmer video skim. My only problem now is that I want one.

• Like 2

It's not weird. I'm enjoying your skimmer video skim. My only problem now is that I want one.

Get one!

yo, what type of Amino Acids do you dose?

Acropower
  • Like 1

Ark - when you set back up your Radions can you post your fusion schedule or code? Or if you remember it I don't know if it in this thread - 150 pages .. I am still struggling on trying to find a good schedule / before fusion I ran the Radion program off RC had it peaking @ 60% everything seem to grow and look good although I was vinegar dosing back then too.

Ark - when you set back up your Radions can you post your fusion schedule or code? Or if you remember it I don't know if it in this thread - 150 pages .. I am still struggling on trying to find a good schedule / before fusion I ran the Radion program off RC had it peaking @ 60% everything seem to grow and look good although I was vinegar dosing back then too.

http://s568.photobucket.com/user/SoC...png.html?o=121

​Here is my apex schedule. I essentially used a version of this schedule for years and it worked well.

• Like 1

Ark you have one of the alternative reef magnetic frag rack on your glass right? If so, any tips to get it on without smashing the glass? I just got one and put the magnets together and about took my finger off. They're freaking strong! Not sure how to gently put it in the tank with glass between

• Like 1

Ark you have one of the alternative reef magnetic frag rack on your glass right? If so, any tips to get it on without smashing the glass? I just got one and put the magnets together and about took my finger off. They're freaking strong! Not sure how to gently put it in the tank with glass between

Put it in the tank put the magnets on the glass like 6" away and slowly move them towards the piece in the tank.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Glass is a lot stronger than our fingers, just don't throw them towards each other and it'll be fine :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I have one. I would suggest holding the reef rack up to the glass and holding the magnet below the frag rack and then slowly moving the dry side up to meet the magnet so they don't snap together. They are really strong. I love mine.

Noice pictures Indy, I missed the update a week ago. Pink lemonade is so pretty, look forward to it growing out for you.

Thanks Kat. They are really bushy right now and see to be encrusting. I hope they do alright.

• Like 2

Glass is a lot stronger than our fingers, just don't throw them towards each other and it'll be fine :)

If you just try to line them up and attach them you will run a high risk of snapping the glass, the magnets are extremely strong and will pull themselves towards each other like you threw them at each other ;)

I'm up to 30ml/day of Alk and 23ml/day of Ca dosing and rising. I'm still struggling to keep DkH above 7.0

Well, it seems that some of us are just unable to get Alk to optimum levels no matter how hard we try. Think I have to email RHF again.

• Like 1

Well, it seems that some of us are just unable to get Alk to optimum levels no matter how hard we try. Think I have to email RHF again.

Just tested when I got home. Mine seems to be going up after my water change on Sunday and added dosing yesterday. I am at about 7.5 dkh right now. I have to be careful of swings now.

Ark, What is that massive green colony on the right side? Great looking tank BTW, love the sticks!

The orange and green colony? That's my sunset monti. It's big!

• Like 1

The orange and green colony? That's my sunset monti. It's big!

Damn! I couldn't tell if it was Monti or a Chalice, that thing is a monster!How old is that colony?