Cultivated Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Yup, that seems to be the source of the problem, I was able to push it in 1/4" or so and it reduced the overflowing 90%. It is still barely overflowing so I'm going to let it run for a few days and let it settle, then try to make adjustments. Thanks for helping me trouble shoot this.

Yeah, no problem! I'm glad your able to use the skimmer now.

Wow love this tank!

Lots of inspiration for the 50 gallon breeder I just set up.

Thanks! let me know if I can be of any help.

I figure I have another month or 2 before I have to put my Radion back over my tank - it just gets too hot without AC to have the T5s up for the summer. I think I will get the wide angle lens and see how they work on spreading out the light and reducing the hotspots. I would like to keep the current placement of SPS all over the tank that I have been enjoying for the past 4 months.

Also, I think there will be a coral order in my future :)

• Like 6

Sorry about Joe the Coral. I could not keep mine alive either, but it was regular STN, nothing grey or gooey.

I am also seriously considering going back to LED's for the summer. Now that I have two 72" BML strip lights I feel like I can compensate for the coverage issues of just the Razors.

• Like 1

I've put the wide angle lens on about a month ago since upgrading to the gen 3 pro pucs. I like the spread a lot more especially since my tank is 30" wide. All my sps is starting to look good again and the new corals look pretty sweet.

• Like 2

Sorry about Joe the Coral. I could not keep mine alive either, but it was regular STN, nothing grey or gooey.

I am also seriously considering going back to LED's for the summer. Now that I have two 72" BML strip lights I feel like I can compensate for the coverage issues of just the Razors.

Yeah, it grew like crazy and then parts started to die - I think that detritus settled on the inside of the colony and started to kill the tissue. I have been basting all my SPS since then to try and keep things from settling on them. The colony is doing fine now that chopped off the large section. Now I have very large frags that I can't unload locally lol.

I've put the wide angle lens on about a month ago since upgrading to the gen 3 pro pucs. I like the spread a lot more especially since my tank is 30" wide. All my sps is starting to look good again and the new corals look pretty sweet.

Good to know. I think I am going to order a pair of wide-angle lenses in the next month or so.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Yeah, it grew like crazy and then parts started to die - I think that detritus settled on the inside of the colony and started to kill the tissue. I have been basting all my SPS since then to try and keep things from settling on them.

The Gyre isn't enough for that?

The Gyre isn't enough for that?

It is generally, but it still doesn't get EVERY nook and cranny in between the coral branches. I got some settling of detritus on some corals, mainly the Joe the Coral, sunset monti, and monti setosa. None of the others for some reason.

You have reminded me that I really need to clean the gyre though.

jedimasterben

It is generally, but it still doesn't get EVERY nook and cranny in between the coral branches. I got some settling of detritus on some corals, mainly the Joe the Coral, sunset monti, and monti setosa. None of the others for some reason.

You have reminded me that I really need to clean the gyre though.

Yours is dirty? Or just covered in something I can't grow, coralline? :D

I also forgot you have a sandbed so you aren't able to really run it where it can stretch its legs :)

• Like 1

Yours is dirty? Or just covered in something I can't grow, coralline? :D

I also forgot you have a sandbed so you aren't able to really run it where it can stretch its legs :)

It gets some algae growing on the paddles I think, but also a lot of coralline :) My tank grows it like its a weed

And yeah, when it is clean I cannot put it past 40% or I get a sandstorm.

I'll have a pack from Battlecorals coming next week I hope! :happydance:

Dope build and tank man. I can't wait til I can finally get all my equipment to start my 40B in a few weeks!

Thanks man. Let me know if I can give some advice on anything.

• Like 1

Grrr, these stupid fish. One of them knocked a large piece of the red dragon off the colony... The fish are only in the tank as a courtesy.. as well as the corals need their poop lol. They shouldn't wear out their welcome.

• Like 3
cruzH20polo

There's a long aquamax coneS c-01 thread on RC that I was reading that pointed out where the line should be - I was running it at the neck of my skimmer when it should have an inch lower to allow a foam head to form better.

That sucks, they are the worst to get rid of. The only way to truly get rid of them is to dip weekly for 3 months in a QT tank while letting your DT go acro fallow. I don't have personal experience with them however, so there may be an easier way. I don't think any single product, like flatworm stop, will help even with repeated uses.

How's the skimmer skimming?

How's the skimmer skimming?

I'm still trying to learn how to tune it to get a really dark skim, but I am getting a darkish green tea colored cup every couple weeks now. I still really like this skimmer but I think I need a professional to come to my place to teach me the ways of skimmer tuning lol.

cruzH20polo

I'm still trying to learn how to tune it to get a really dark skim, but I am getting a darkish green tea colored cup every couple weeks now. I still really like this skimmer but I think I need a professional to come to my place to teach me the ways of skimmer tuning lol.

Ha yea, setting up skimmers is always a bit of a shot in the dark, it also kinda depends on what your organic load is as well

Is that RR Avengers on top and PC Superman on the right?

PC superman right, pink lem top, raindrops on roses milli left, red robin bot.

• Like 1

Cool cool! Good luck!

BTW, where are you going to put them? Have you freed up some real estate in your tank lately?

I lost my first PC superman and my SSC so I have their spots. I have also been saving a spot for the pink lem. I think I am full after this order though, pending any other losses.

• Like 1

The wide angle lenses re working great!

Getting great growth with the monipora's, favias's, gonipora, mystery acro's and A. tortuosa, Stylophora's

I have my intensity up to 80% now, with good growth except for the acro's which are starting to heal have the first two dips. Used Revive and second dip last night with Bayer Complete at 1ml/30ml tank water.

Fingers crossed!

The wide angle lenses re working great!

Getting great growth with the monipora's, favias's, gonipora, mystery acro's and A. tortuosa, Stylophora's

I have my intensity up to 80% now, with good growth except for the acro's which are starting to heal have the first two dips. Used Revive and second dip last night with Bayer Complete at 1ml/30ml tank water.

Fingers crossed!

Glad to hear that they are working well for you. I just got my wide angle lens in yesterday along with a new bottle of acropower. I will probably set it up in the next month or so.

I hope that your acros heal fast! Let us know if they pests are gone or if they continue. Don't give up!