Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

That tank survived the 7 hours without power with only the temp falling to 76. Everything seems unfazed.

I want that huge rock on the right with the Sunrise Monti like you don't even know...

It's a big PITA trying to aquascape in a smaller tank with such a huge monti though. I would much rather have some acropora in the space that it is taking up. It impressive though!

• Like 3

You check out fusion today? They finally put logging parameters in there now.

I just used this for the first time. I got .44ml on the syringe which translates to 8.6 on my salifert sheet. The apex logger took my .44ml and translated it to 8.96. Weird?

Params:

Ca- 380 (adjusted now by increasing dosing by 2ml/day)

DkH- 8.6 (adjusted now to decrease dosing by 1ml/day)

Mg- 1320 (good)

I am currently adding 22ml Alk, 22ml Cal of bionic daily and 5ml BRS Mg solution weekly. Things are going well now.

Check the fusion forum there was something weird with the salifert tests I think.

It works fine for Ca and Mg, but the DkH is weird. I'll check out the neptune forums and see what is up. Thanks of for the info.

Looking amazing ark!

Thanks, Roger!

I just used this for the first time. I got .44ml on the syringe which translates to 8.6 on my salifert sheet. The apex logger took my .44ml and translated it to 8.96. Weird?

Does the same for the red sea tests. It asks for the mL's used and translates it for you. I'm so used to writing down the value, not what I used so it's taking a while to adjust.

• Like 1

Does the same for the red sea tests. It asks for the mL's used and translates it for you. I'm so used to writing down the value, not what I used so it's taking a while to adjust.

I'm just using using it to track my values without using the test-specific ml converter atm. I like that the Apex will create a graph to track changes - very cool.

• Like 2

I lost a red dragon frag overnight because a tort frag has been growing fast and stung it. I'm running out of room on my frag racks :(

-also lost the piece of SSC I saved from the alk swings. Not sure why but it RTN'd.

How's that gyre treating you- still happy with it? Sps happy?

The SPS love it! No problems with it at all other than it is moving a little bit of sand on the opposite side of my tank even at 40%. It moves a lot of water.

• Like 1

Got a new SPS today. It's been a long time since I have added one so I am stoked about it. :happydance:

I'll post a pic once it acclimates. I am told is a piece of ASD rainbow milli. It's a little bogger frag but it seems healthy.

• Like 2

Got a new SPS today. It's been a long time since I have added one so I am stoked about it. :happydance:

I'll post a pic once it acclimates. I am told is a piece of ASD rainbow milli. It's a little bogger frag but it seems healthy.

Nice- I've been on a search for good color Mille's - I'll be watching for a pic?
  • Like 1

I have finished my second bottle of acropower after a year of dosing the stuff. I am not really sure if it has helped the acros or not. I am not going to buy another bottle so we shall see if the colors shift at all in response. If not, I will probably not buy another bottle.

Nice- I've been on a search for good color Mille's - I'll be watching for a pic

I'll try to get one up soon. :)

• Like 1

I got a new magnet assembly for the mp10 you sent me. It runs quieter than my other mp10(barely). I may buy a QD upgrade later on, they're on back order until April. I set them up as master/slave and I get a broader flow at lower pump speeds now. Just wanted to say thanks.

• Like 1

I got a new magnet assembly for the mp10 you sent me. It runs quieter than my other mp10(barely). I may buy a QD upgrade later on, they're on back order until April. I set them up as master/slave and I get a broader flow at lower pump speeds now. Just wanted to say thanks.

NP man. Let me know if the QD fixes the noise or not. If so, I may get another couple vortechs in the future. Enjoy the pump.

I have finished my second bottle of acropower after a year of dosing the stuff. I am not really sure if it has helped the acros or not. I am not going to buy another bottle so we shall see if the colors shift at all in response. If not, I will probably not buy another bottle.

I'll try to get one up soon. :)

Interesting on the Acropower - I dose about 8ml a week throughout the week- I started about 5months in and corals were doing well before I started . I can't say I've seen a change since I started dosing it but it hasn't had a negative response either. It's become something I just use with no true parameters around it but for some reason I can't bring myself to stop. It will be good to see if you notice any changes- I find myself saying that to you a lot lately?
  • Like 1

Interesting on the Acropower - I dose about 8ml a week throughout the week- I started about 5months in and corals were doing well before I started . I can't say I've seen a change since I started dosing it but it hasn't had a negative response either. It's become something I just use with no true parameters around it but for some reason I can't bring myself to stop. It will be good to see if you notice any changes- I find myself saying that to you a lot lately

I *think* that I noticed some deeper colors once I started using the acropower, so yeah it will be interesting to see if I notice anything while I am off it. My nutrients have been a little high lately I think it might be best to lay off the AA dosing and see what happens.

• Like 1

Acropower makes my cyano more colorful! I do think it works though. :)

Looking forward to seeing the new acro.

Yeah... I have been slacking on tank pics. I have had so much grading to do lately. :( I'll try to get a pic up soon.

• Like 1