Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

Holy crap! All you stuff looks fantastic, but that susnset/rainbow blasto is..........well killer!!!!!

Thanks Spirofucci, always appreciate the comment! That blasto is by far my favorite piece in my tank. :)

:oomgomgomg:wub:

Love the blastos & that Torch Island...

:lol: Thanks!

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two tanks? Sounds exciting, can't wait to watch that tank grow as well. :)

Sunset/Rainbow Blasto:

sunsetblasto.jpg

Mmmm, especially nice! :D

I like all the corals you got. That 'Highlighter Acro' is quite something. Do you know the species?

Mmmm, especially nice! :D

I like all the corals you got. That 'Highlighter Acro' is quite something. Do you know the species?

Mmm, I'm an SPS noob. This upgrade was also so I could expand my knowledge on SPS by getting into them more. I know it's one of those tabling ones though, I'll have to ask Robert. As for species... I call it the $10 frag, lol!

Mmm, I'm an SPS noob. This upgrade was also so I could expand my knowledge on SPS by getting into them more. I know it's one of those tabling ones though, I'll have to ask Robert. As for species... I call it the $10 frag, lol!

Hey, hard to beat the $10 frag price! (same price as my little Green Milli)

I'm finding these Acro species/types all have their own special needs/wants. Trick is to find out how to make them all 'warm 'n fuzzy' :)

Hey, hard to beat the $10 frag price! (same price as my little Green Milli)

I'm finding these Acro species/types all have their own special needs/wants. Trick is to find out how to make them all 'warm 'n fuzzy' :)

I almost picked up a green milli as well! Warm and fuzzy is right. When they get fuzzy, you know they're happy. :)

True about those two photos being a little saturated and all.

Nice sunset blastos hhaha!

Thanks Ben. :lol:

Amazing collection of coral you've got there. Do you have an updated FTS?

Thanks awpong! Always cool to see another college reefer's tank. No updated FTS, but I did make a good tank tour video not too long ago.

I am extremely jealous of your collection!

Lemme know when you want to get rid of those plates ;)

You and your plate obsession! Thanks Gram.

Lots of colour in this tank, looks quite pretty. The Kessil really brings out the colours as well. Great job, looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks Gena, I appreciate the comment! Sorry, idk how to ship. Would love to share my CARs :(

I understand! I'm keeping my eye out for some...that won't cost me an arm and a leg :lol:

Are you running the light at 100% again? How are you SPSs doing? I have the same setup and I started to add SPS and I'm not sure if I need to run the light at 100%.

Lots of colour in this tank, looks quite pretty. The Kessil really brings out the colours as well. Great job, looking forward to seeing more :)

Thank NanoTopia, your SPS are one of the inspirations for my tank. I hope that they'll grow to be as nice as yours.

Looking very nice dude!

Thanks jball!

I understand! I'm keeping my eye out for some...that won't cost me an arm and a leg :lol:

Tenor had some gorgeous palys recently. Hope you nabbed that CAR!

Those sunset blasto's are really nice! the plates you got in there got great color too. Is this tank under a bunk bed though?

Dang... you're the first to call that out. Yup, it's under my bunk bed. Right where my NC12 used to be. I like something to look at right next to my computer set up.

Are you running the light at 100% again? How are you SPSs doing? I have the same setup and I started to add SPS and I'm not sure if I need to run the light at 100%.

I was, and then I turned it down. The reason for the 100% was that I've seen tanks lit up at 100% and all of the corals were doing just fine. And then it hit me, the lights were about 10" away from the water surface... mine was only 3-4" away. Some of my acans started bleaching and I couldn't figure out why since they were on the sandbed. The light was the reason, haha.

:o I just drooled on my screen!

Thanks Kat. :lol:

Dude, very nice. I'm so envious of your corals. Very nice pieces... Sps too. That aussie sps is nice. Any of em at tunes? I was there earlier... It's so different! I really like the tank by the freshwater stuff with the 4 kessils. The one with the zps is nice too!

Ah, I love Black Friday sales. Here's the two pieces I snagged from the Blue Water Tropicals sale, they're being acclimated to the tank water. I couldn't even believe the price they had these at. I've been looking for a red plate just like this one for the longest time. The other one is supposed to be a nice green-rainbow center, but guess it needs to puff up a bit first.

redplate-1.jpg

rainbowplate.jpg

Welcome to the family:

platetopdown.jpg

'Bout time for an FTS, dontcha think?!

Nevurrr!!!

Dude, very nice. I'm so envious of your corals. Very nice pieces... Sps too. That aussie sps is nice. Any of em at tunes? I was there earlier... It's so different! I really like the tank by the freshwater stuff with the 4 kessils. The one with the zps is nice too!

Thanks John, the SPS pieces I have are still at tunes! There were plenty of the highlighter and that aussie ones are all of those huge encrusted frags. Looks like you swung by today, I can't wait to see the new stuff Robert brought in. I think the tank by the freshwater is the one in front of the back counter? It should have 6 Kessils Wide, that's my new fav tank! Cuz all the expensive goes there, hehehe.

Lol, want to take a wild guess at who fragged all those zps? :P

Nevurrr!!!

Thanks John, the SPS pieces I have are still at tunes! There were plenty of the highlighter and that aussie ones are all of those huge encrusted frags. Looks like you swung by today, I can't wait to see the new stuff Robert brought in. I think the tank by the freshwater is the one in front of the back counter? It should have 6 Kessils Wide, that's my new fav tank! Cuz all the expensive goes there, hehehe.

Lol, want to take a wild guess at who fragged all those zps? :P

Lol, yeah that tank it's so awesome! Was that a huge colony of acropora efflorescens? I wish Robert could frag those... My mouth was watering when I saw it. So awesome. I also saw this really nice orange chalice(looks like orenji but sergio said they're not that and they're wild caught or something) by the zps you fragged :D..

Lol, yeah that tank it's so awesome! Was that a huge colony of acropora efflorescens? I wish Robert could frag those... My mouth was watering when I saw it. So awesome. I also saw this really nice orange chalice(looks like orenji but sergio said they're not that and they're wild caught or something) by the zps you fragged :D..

LOL, that efflo, man that thing has been through everything! It's huumungooooo. It's been in the top tank about the SPS frags for at least a year just chilling at getting colors under the halides. The OG Orenji is hard to find from what I hear, but there are tons of look a likes.

Maybe I should take pics of the store on Sat for the NR peeps to see.

Maybe I should take pics of the store on Sat for the NR peeps to see.

Yup! And while you're at it, the FTS. I call shenanigans on all of it until then. Tank probably crashed and this is all just an elaborate cover ;)

Yup! And while you're at it, the FTS. I call shenanigans on all of it until then. Tank probably crashed and this is all just an elaborate cover ;)

Haha! Alright I'll crave in. Will take an FTS just for Aaron.

Nice two plates man! Wonder how much it costs ya... :lol:

Thanks Ben, they were no where near what they should be. Let's just say they were about 70% off what they were about 2 weeks ago... :lol: I feel like I robbed them.

Archived