SaltCritters.com

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

How high are your Rastas? I've got mine hanging out pretty low currently.

They're pretty low as well, but they do appreciate high light. I don't notice much of a difference either way. They're just happy where I put them so I left them alone and the growth shows that they really are happy.

Oh, I just remembered we have the exact same light and exact same tank dims. LOL! I have mine about 6" from the bottom of the tank (as in if you got a ruler and put the bottom part onto your stand/bottom of the literal tank, and then 6" up). This is pretty awesome how we have such similar set ups, really allows me to compare my set up with someone else's! :lol:

Did you bump your 350 to 100% yet?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're pretty low as well, but they do appreciate high light. I don't notice much of a difference either way. They're just happy where I put them so I left them alone and the growth shows that they really are happy.

Oh, I just remembered we have the exact same light and exact same tank dims. LOL! I have mine about 6" from the bottom of the tank (as in if you got a ruler and put the bottom part onto your stand/bottom of the literal tank, and then 6" up). This is pretty awesome how we have such similar set ups, really allows me to compare my set up with someone else's! :lol:

Did you bump your 350 to 100% yet?

It is quite handy that we have generally matching setups - nice to have somebody else be the guinea pig now and then! Mine are hanging out in pretty much the exact same location and seem happy enough; get outta my head! Guess they can stay for now.

As for my light, I actually cranked it down to about 50% because I was worried about my Angel Eyes losing that gorgeous coloration that I'm so fond of. I've heard they like low to even indirect light. I couldn't bear to have it anywhere but out front, though so I've been slowly inching the output back up and monitoring the favia closely for any color loss.

It is quite handy that we have generally matching setups - nice to have somebody else be the guinea pig now and then! Mine are hanging out in pretty much the exact same location and seem happy enough; get outta my head! Guess they can stay for now.

As for my light, I actually cranked it down to about 50% because I was worried about my Angel Eyes losing that gorgeous coloration that I'm so fond of. I've heard they like low to even indirect light. I couldn't bear to have it anywhere but out front, though so I've been slowly inching the output back up and monitoring the favia closely for any color loss.

Man, real twins here. I'm actually thinking of getting an angel eye favia if cherry puts up another one for a reasonable price. I love those colors! Need to start only getting corals I love. Not enough space in a 25!

Good call on those lights, I actually lowered mine as well because you scared me when you said it wasn't 100%, LOL. Plus I get new corals almost every week so it's good for them to start getting used to lower light. Good to here it's up front, I wouldn't want it anywhere else either!

Yoo, you got some new blastos? :)

IIX, you either have really good eyes and noticed it on the Rasta pic, or you just know my coral stock really well to know that I didn't have a red one before. LOL!

Here's some photos, the newest coral addition to the tank is in there and it's my favorite coral I've ever owned. Oh ho ho, taking photos of my tank is a lot of fun.

I did some 100% blue photos for kicks and giggles, since everything just pops so much. The photos came out much better than I anticipated.

These Mordacious Rhodactus are absolutely gorgeous, the amount of metallic colors they have is amazing.

Rhodactus Corner:

RhodactusCorner_zpsdfef5444.jpg

Rhodactus Corner, closer:

RhodactusCornerClose_zpsa82cf260.jpg

PZ Speckled Fire and Ice:

SpeckledFireIce_zps93fb7c16.jpg

My favorite shroom, even though it's a simple red mushroom:

RedShroom_zps718316a0.jpg

Newest addition, Blasto:

RainbowBlastoActinic_zps71905113.jpg

Regular lighting:

RainbowBlasto_zpsf35f02c4.jpg

So why did you go with the narrow A350? I'm contemplating getting a A350W for my 25lx12wx10h tank. You think the W will have enough spread or would I be better just getting another A150W? ORRRR should I get a Vega? hahaha

I just read the first page(I'm too tired to read more) and when you said you drained the tank to glue frags on I slapped myself and asked why I hadn't thought of that before. hahaha

So why did you go with the narrow A350? I'm contemplating getting a A350W for my 25lx12wx10h tank. You think the W will have enough spread or would I be better just getting another A150W? ORRRR should I get a Vega? hahaha

I just read the first page(I'm too tired to read more) and when you said you drained the tank to glue frags on I slapped myself and asked why I hadn't thought of that before. hahaha

Hey eddie,

How have you been man? That Cadlight still doing well with the 150? Thanks for the back up on those blue hornets before, I still remember that!

I was thinking of the 350w at first, simply because of more spread. For the same price, might as well right? But Aaron1987 had an 18" cube, the exact same size as my tank and got the narrow. It looked great on his tank and he said it was perfect so I took the dive and went with the same. It was a great idea, perfect spread. Now that I think about it, the narrow has much better water penetration vs the wide. So a cube like mine, it was the right choice.

For a 25l, you might want to go with the 350w since it is 7" longer than my tank. It's also shallower, so there wouldn't be a need for the narrow since the W should do a good enough job of light penetration. The only thing I might be worried about is light spillage, but if that's no concern then it sounds like a solid idea! Running 2 150s would also be an option, and one I too was considering. But I could sell the 150 and that would cover more than enough for the cost difference of a 150 to a 350.

Any pictures of the 150 over the the tank? Would give me a better idea of how much light is going on since I know the spread of the 150. You could go with the Vega, but why when... you got Kessil! It's my LED of choice, and the price point is affordable for a solid product.

Man, real twins here. I'm actually thinking of getting an angel eye favia if cherry puts up another one for a reasonable price. I love those colors! Need to start only getting corals I love. Not enough space in a 25!

Good call on those lights, I actually lowered mine as well because you scared me when you said it wasn't 100%, LOL. Plus I get new corals almost every week so it's good for them to start getting used to lower light. Good to here it's up front, I wouldn't want it anywhere else either!

Regular lighting:

RainbowBlasto_zpsf35f02c4.jpg

That's exactly why I figured I should go with the 25. Less need to just buy stuff to fill it and I could focus on getting the really out of this world pieces.

And WOW that is one sexy blasto! How did you get someone to part with a small colony of it?! First in line if you ever frag it!

I'm good. I actually tore down the 8gal CAD this week and put everything in my new tank! I LOVE IT!!! It is amazing. I'll throw pics of it up later today possibly. The water should be clear enough. Just going to pickup a few things first and lights aren't on for another 2 hours.

I actually JUST bought another A150W. Comes with a gooseneck and was a good deal so I figured why not? haha. I'm sure I will like it because I really love my A150W now. I'm excited to see how this tank looks under 2 lights because it looks really good under one.

Looking good! Blasto is super nice. Might try one of those again one day...

BTW - From your original Teal/Yellow Center Yuma I now have at least (4) youngsters. The little guys were on the LR frag with the big Yuma, but since the frag was in the dark, they were not noticeable and the size of a pin-head. I've got them under proper lighting now and they are starting to to take off :)

Those blastos are hurting my eyes!! lol

Great buy on those man.

Wonder what kind of blastos you be getting next! Also wondering why you haven't added a clam yet haha.

Thanks Ben! My next blastos, I have no idea. I have these other new ones as well but it's hard to get a picture of. I think these might be it for now since my space is limited.

Wow! those blastos are awsome! I haven't owned any blastos in a long time.

Thanks Envy, I like them as well. Why the break from blastos?

That's exactly why I figured I should go with the 25. Less need to just buy stuff to fill it and I could focus on getting the really out of this world pieces.

And WOW that is one sexy blasto! How did you get someone to part with a small colony of it?! First in line if you ever frag it!

Speaking of CC and Angel Eyes, here's your chance: http://cherrycorals.com/product.php?produc...at=0&page=1

I'm already reconsidering some pieces I have in my tank, mostly my acans. I've found a lot of other really nice morphs that just blow my current ones away. Will probably either sell them to a friend or give them back to the LFS I work at. I can always use that credit for more frag plugs and bsi glue (fragging sprees!).

And for the blasto, it wasn't a locals', I got it online along with another blasto for a great price (I'm not going to name the price though, hehe).

Nice looking out on that favia! I'm putting the funds into other pieces first before I grab the angel eyes but it's a piece I definitely want. What I really want though is TDF's Azurite Fire Favia... Sorry for not snagging it, but thanks again for the look out!

I'm good. I actually tore down the 8gal CAD this week and put everything in my new tank! I LOVE IT!!! It is amazing. I'll throw pics of it up later today possibly. The water should be clear enough. Just going to pickup a few things first and lights aren't on for another 2 hours.

I actually JUST bought another A150W. Comes with a gooseneck and was a good deal so I figured why not? haha. I'm sure I will like it because I really love my A150W now. I'm excited to see how this tank looks under 2 lights because it looks really good under one.

Nice score! Is it the same spectrum? Can't wait to see pics.

Gorgeous tank! & I :wub: those Blastos! Beautiful Acan collection going too.

Thanks Owen! You and Ben have been making me searching for blastos. Guess it payed off!

Looking good! Blasto is super nice. Might try one of those again one day...

BTW - From your original Teal/Yellow Center Yuma I now have at least (4) youngsters. The little guys were on the LR frag with the big Yuma, but since the frag was in the dark, they were not noticeable and the size of a pin-head. I've got them under proper lighting now and they are starting to to take off :)

Thanks Ralph! Your tank is looking great so far. Those yumas and speckled fire and ice are taking off in your tank, what are your plans for when you get a good amount of them?

I just saw your tank on my Facebook feed! Those blastos are awesome!!!!

Thanks jgpicodope009! Are you referring to Kessil's post? I was surprised how quickly they posted the pictures up and a big thanks to them for choosing my pictures!

I'm already reconsidering some pieces I have in my tank, mostly my acans. I've found a lot of other really nice morphs that just blow my current ones away. Will probably either sell them to a friend or give them back to the LFS I work at. I can always use that credit for more frag plugs and bsi glue (fragging sprees!).

And for the blasto, it wasn't a locals', I got it online along with another blasto for a great price (I'm not going to name the price though, hehe).

Nice looking out on that favia! I'm putting the funds into other pieces first before I grab the angel eyes but it's a piece I definitely want. What I really want though is TDF's Azurite Fire Favia... Sorry for not snagging it, but thanks again for the look out!

I have a hunch I'm going to be in the same boat very shortly - it's incredible how quickly things fill up.

And get in line on that favia (and the reverse prism) ;) ! Have you had any luck getting ahold of Zack? I just emailed him a few minutes ago to check up on how things were going and if he had the capacity to handle an order of goodies.

Thanks Owen! You and Ben have been making me searching for blastos. Guess it payed off!

:ninja:

I'm trying to cool it on the Blasto searches atm due to Alk problems, but it's so hard to break the habit of routinely checking sites lol.

Which Acans are you thinking of clearing out? They're so purrrtttyyy!

Deleted User 4

Smart move on discarding those acans excluding the micromussas!! Since when did you started working at an lfs??? What's it called? Might be able to visit you some day ahah.

I have a hunch I'm going to be in the same boat very shortly - it's incredible how quickly things fill up.

And get in line on that favia (and the reverse prism) ;) ! Have you had any luck getting ahold of Zack? I just emailed him a few minutes ago to check up on how things were going and if he had the capacity to handle an order of goodies.

Haven't contacted him yet. It's going to be one pricey order! I've seen him post some packs for sale on R2R so I'm sure he's alive.

:ninja:

I'm trying to cool it on the Blasto searches atm due to Alk problems, but it's so hard to break the habit of routinely checking sites lol.

Which Acans are you thinking of clearing out? They're so purrrtttyyy!

I tried putting a lid on online orders. But my habits of checking sites keeps making me break my cap once I find deals I can't pass up on!

I'm thinking of almost all of them except for my japanese acans.

Smart move on discarding those acans excluding the micromussas!! Since when did you started working at an lfs??? What's it called? Might be able to visit you some day ahah.

Lol! Like the darth maul micro? Been working for a few months. Neptune Aquatics, Milpitas/San Jose CA.

Pretty blastos! Makes me want to get some :happy:

Thanks Gena! Should definitely get some. There are some really nice morphs coming in.

I really love this set up and everything about it! I'm going to switching my nano from a 20L to a 27 cube. Your tank gives me lots of inspiration and I really love everything inside from the zoas to the acans to the rics.

Thanks Ralph! Your tank is looking great so far. Those yumas and speckled fire and ice are taking off in your tank, what are your plans for when you get a good amount of them?

Thanks, Darwin. Zoas are funny in my tank. When I first put them in they do great, multiply, etc. Then they tend to either just sit there...or, worse, start to disappear. I am losing my 'Hawaiian Tropic zoas, but at least the Speckled F&I and Oxides are still okay.

I'd like to maybe trade a few of these baby Yumas for some others when they get bigger. I'd really like to find a nice captive raised rose Yuma!

Archived