inTank Media Baskets

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

I forget the authors name, but he was only 19 when he wrote the first book.

Paolini, I'm reading it right now. Hehe.

Dude, nice update man!! Dude, I use to have those red/rainbow blastos back when I had my 24g nanocube hahaha. Yeah, my name is Ben everyone. And thanks! Btw, kinda forgot your name...lol I remembered it couple weeks ago...sad thing I know, short term memory ha.

IMG_1312.jpg

Anyways, nice looking new chalice!

I don't think my blasto looks like yours, it has these striations that come out from the center. Either way, gorgeous blasto! I recall seeing you posting that picture sometime ago. My name is in my sig, lol! Don't worry, I'm really terrible with names. I could ask someone their name, make a conscious effort to remember it, and then forget it in the next 5 minutes. It's a really bad thing, lol.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Ahh there you go, I remember now. Btw, it really looks the same as yours except maybe it's the lighting that's influencing the variations? I don't know haha. Hard to tell from your picture kinda.

Ahh there you go, I remember now. Btw, it really looks the same as yours except maybe it's the lighting that's influencing the variations? I don't know haha. Hard to tell from your picture kinda.

I'll get a better picture, I'm pretty sure it's really different since your picture is really good. :)

Alrighty, got some more new corals.

I saw WWC posting this acan on their newsletter and almost bought it but it was pricey so I passed. Thought about it and then regretted it, but then I found out others wanted it too and it was sold within the first 5 minutes. :(

So I decided to call WWC the next day and ask if they had any more frags, and luckily they did! Glad I called, I now have another new fav coral!

Here's the new rainbow acan, haven't seen one like this.

WWCRainbowAcan.jpg

I also got a red and black plate, something I've been looking for a long time:

redplate.jpg

While I was at it, took some actinic shots:

actinicshot.jpg

Red and Black Plate:

redblackplateactinic.jpg

Nice additions Darwin! If I were into acans I'd really like those rainbows with the green base ;) I am really digging that black and red plate! Way cool.

There were alot of those green rainbow acans at the reefaplooza!! Pricey ass hell though haha

Really? I haven't seen one like this in awhile. Now I really wish I was at reefapalooza! And yeah, they were pricey. But not nearly as pricey as they could have been if they came from another vendor.

Nice new Acan & Plate, I rly like both!!!

Thanks Weetabix7! I like them both a lot as well. Crossing my fingers the acan holds its color.

Nice additions Darwin! If I were into acans I'd really like those rainbows with the green base ;) I am really digging that black and red plate! Way cool.

Thanks Aaron. I didn't know you weren't into acans? You're one of the first people I now know that don't like them. They're so cool. I finally found a red and black plate, was one of my goals for a very long time! I'm still looking for a red plate with black tentacles and that should take care of my plate collection. Space is so limited in this small cube. I still have plans for an acanthophyllia, which I know can get massive but they're just too cool not to have!

Thanks Aaron. I didn't know you weren't into acans? You're one of the first people I now know that don't like them. They're so cool. I finally found a red and black plate, was one of my goals for a very long time! I'm still looking for a red plate with black tentacles and that should take care of my plate collection. Space is so limited in this small cube. I still have plans for an acanthophyllia, which I know can get massive but they're just too cool not to have!

I don't know why, I enjoy their colors but for some reason they've just never really done it for me . I probably wasn't hugged enough as a child or something. :P

Just thought I should let you know that you've been winning on the coral front lately, but after my last little chat with Zack the playing field should be much more level.. fingerscrossed

Nice to see this tank doing so well. The eel is lovely.

L

L, where have you been?! Hope all is doing well. Thanks for the compliment, I love Saphira!

Well, websites are always just pricier.....cherrycorals were there too and they were selling it 30-50 a head same acan.

True that!

I don't know why, I enjoy their colors but for some reason they've just never really done it for me . I probably wasn't hugged enough as a child or something. :P

Someone needs to throw some acan frags at you. Physically throw, maybe then you'll catch on to the addiction. :happydance:

Just thought I should let you know that you've been winning on the coral front lately, but after my last little chat with Zack the playing field should be much more level.. fingerscrossed

I don't like the sound of that... Zack has a buttload of stuff I'd love to get. Can't wait to see what goodies you'll be getting from him!

:wub: the new Acans! & thanks for the heads up on the torch--not sure I have a spot in the tank for it or not since I'm a bit paranoid about how long the tentacles would be. Might have to wait for the new tank.

Oh my gosh.....LOVED the video!!!!!!!!! I love it when people narrate their videos :happy:

I NEED some candy apple reds!!!!!!!! Gonna frag yours anytime soon?

You made my laugh at the end......"this is embarrassing, this is cool". That was cute :)

You should do videos more often ;)

:wub: the new Acans! & thanks for the heads up on the torch--not sure I have a spot in the tank for it or not since I'm a bit paranoid about how long the tentacles would be. Might have to wait for the new tank.

Thanks Owen! I got another new rainbow acan, it's one of the nicest ones I've run across. And I've run across a lot! Just so hard to get a good picture, I'll put it in my frag to get a nice shallow top down shot. :)

Already thinking of an upgrade? The tentacles aren't terribly long in low-moderate flow.

Oh my gosh.....LOVED the video!!!!!!!!! I love it when people narrate their videos :happy:

I NEED some candy apple reds!!!!!!!! Gonna frag yours anytime soon?

You made my laugh at the end......"this is embarrassing, this is cool". That was cute :)

You should do videos more often ;)

Thanks Gena, I appreciate the comment! Sorry, idk how to ship. Would love to share my CARs :(

Thanks Owen! I got another new rainbow acan, it's one of the nicest ones I've run across. And I've run across a lot! Just so hard to get a good picture, I'll put it in my frag to get a nice shallow top down shot. :)

Already thinking of an upgrade? The tentacles aren't terribly long in low-moderate flow.

Not so much an upgrade as a second tank :P I'm getting one custom made from Micro-reefs, but the first attempt arrived with a crack :angry: . I may move the blastos over to the new tank whenever it arrives & go more acan/euphy centered in the cube.

Not so much an upgrade as a second tank :P I'm getting one custom made from Micro-reefs, but the first attempt arrived with a crack :angry: . I may move the blastos over to the new tank whenever it arrives & go more acan/euphy centered in the cube.

Two tanks? Sounds exciting, can't wait to watch that tank grow as well. :)

Here are some more pics, this time top downs.

Torch Island:

torchisland.jpg

Sunset/Rainbow Blasto:

sunsetblasto.jpg

Plates:

Plates.jpg

Solar Flares:

SolarFlares.jpg

Aussie SPS:

AussieSPS-1.jpg

Highlighter Acro:

highlighteracro.jpg

CARs:

CARsnew.jpg

Speckled Fire Ice:

SpeckledFireIce.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ohh Ok, thanks. That helps alot!!! Now I can see the orange rainbow one is definitely the same one aaron is getting. But the other one....not so alike lol.

Ohh Ok, thanks. That helps alot!!! Now I can see the orange rainbow one is definitely the same one aaron is getting. But the other one....not so alike lol.

The other one is a metallic red rim with a deep blue center and a green mouth. Only difference I notice might be shades of coloration, but then again that's an online's photo vs a hobbyist photo so it might be slightly saturdated vs mine. I don't really want to go back and forth about if they're diff or the same. Either way, they're both blue and red blastos and are great looking. :)

Archived