Pod Your Reef

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lolol I see, free shipping too?? :)

You betcha, always nice to save $40-$50. :)

Very nice plates! That's one coral I haven't yet kept. Good luck with 'em!

They seem to be fairly hardy, excellent eaters anyways. They try to eat everything.

The original concept of that open sand bed was to keep an acanthophyllia after being inspired by eskblenny's thread. But I still haven't come across one that got my interest enough since I can most likely only keep one. The plate collection started with the orange one because I thought it was only 1-2" baby sized, but ended up being much larger than I thought when it arrived so it took more sand bed space than I intended it to. And then all of these nice morphs started to come in and I couldn't help myself. :lol:

The original concept of that open sand bed was to keep an acanthophyllia after being inspired by eskblenny's thread. But I still haven't come across one that got my interest enough since I can most likely only keep one. The plate collection started with the orange one because I thought it was only 1-2" baby sized, but ended up being much larger than I thought when it arrived so it took more sand bed space than I intended it to. And then all of these nice morphs started to come in and I couldn't help myself. :lol:

Time for a 'CA' (Corals Anonymous) meeting. However, I heard they don't have a very high success rate since this addiction is just too strong ;)

Dang... you're the first to call that out. Yup, it's under my bunk bed. Right where my NC12 used to be. I like something to look at right next to my computer set up.

haha I've spent to much time under a bunk bed not to notice. I understand enjoying a tank next to the computer, I used to keep a pico next to mine. The damn thing always distracted me when I was working though so I decided it would be best to at least keep reefs out of sight in my workspace so I dont fail all my classes :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! What a plate collection!!!!!!

Remember how I was admiring your Candy Apple Reds???? Well, I have some coming in tomorrow. Can't wait!!!! I hope they look as good as yours :)

lolol Sweet, I love free shipping. It's what we do :)

Can't help but save money by spending more money right? LOL.

Time for a 'CA' (Corals Anonymous) meeting. However, I heard they don't have a very high success rate since this addiction is just too strong ;)

I'm down for one of those meetings. I'm pretty sure that we'd all just end up swapping corals and showing off our tanks though, lol!

You're such a softie ;)

B)

haha I've spent to much time under a bunk bed not to notice. I understand enjoying a tank next to the computer, I used to keep a pico next to mine. The damn thing always distracted me when I was working though so I decided it would be best to at least keep reefs out of sight in my workspace so I dont fail all my classes :lol:

You know, you're right on about that. Everytime it's time to start studying or hw I always end up staring off into my tank. LOL.

Why doesn't this look familiar....

112912-072a.jpg

Do mean why haven't I bought it yet? Most likely because I didn't know soon enough and it sold. Thanks for the look out!

WOW! What a plate collection!!!!!!

Remember how I was admiring your Candy Apple Reds???? Well, I have some coming in tomorrow. Can't wait!!!! I hope they look as good as yours :)

Thanks Gena! So many nice morphs have been coming in left and right, I couldn't help myself. That's great to hear! I'd love to see pictures, must have missed them when I was scanning your thread for pics. They're easily one of my top 10 favs!

Time for a December update. :)

Red Plate:

redplategold.jpg

Utter Chaos:

utterchaos-1.jpg

Pink Boobies:

pinkboobies.jpg

Purple Hornets:

purplehornets.jpg

Rastas, growing very well!

Rastasgrowth.jpg

Red Hornets and Radiant Tangerines:

redhornettangerines.jpg

Ricordea Florida:

ricordeas.jpg

Indo Gold Torch:

IndoGoldTorch-1.jpg

Indo Torches and Sunset Blasto:

IndoTorchesandBlasto.jpg

Solar Flares and Rainbow Pennies:

SolarFlaresandRainbowPennies.jpg

Wow!!!! Love it all!!!!! You have such a nice collection of coral!!!!

I got my polyp of CAR. It's so tiny :lol: I'm not sure if there is a photo of it on my thread. I'll get one next time I post some pictures.

God of War:

GOW-1.jpg

PZ Black Orchid:

PZBlackOrchid.jpg

Vampires and Purple Hornets:

VampireandPurpleHornets.jpg

Blue Rhinos and Pink Boobies:

BlueRhinoandPinkBoobioes.jpg

Super Saiyans, quick growth from 2 polyps:

SuperSaiyans.jpg

Armegeddon morph and Solar Flares:

ArmegeddonMaulsandSolarFlares.jpg

Speckled Fire and Ice, one of my favs:

SpeckledFireIce-2.jpg

CARs:

CARs.jpg

ATL Raspberry Lemonade (Bit stressed from shipping, hope it makes it):

ATLRazzleBerry.jpg

Aussie SPS, encrusting well:

AussieSPSencrusting.jpg

PZ Blue Tenuis:

PZBlueTenuis.jpg

Highligher Acro, encrusting slowly:

HighlighterAcro-1.jpg

Super duper chunky Pink Lemonade frag, PEs are out but loss some colors from shipping. 2x crossing it pulls through since it's my favorite SPS piece.

PinkLemonade.jpg

Saphira says "Peek-A-Boo!"

Saphira-1.jpg

Left Island with monitor glare (Can you guys see it's R2R? lol.)

LeftIsland-1.jpg

And here you go Aaron, Dec 2012 FTS:

DecFTS.jpg

I'm dealing with some Hair Algae atm, but I'm not too worried about it. It started because I started getting a bit lazy and not washing the mysis shrimp before feeding the fish since I usually spot feed everything. Guess it goes to show that washing your frozens is a must! It's on the receding end now, so hopefully it will go away within the next month or so. I'm pretty happy with the way things are starting to fill in. That left island makes me really happy since most of the growth is occuring there. Still have to fill that top portion with SPS!

Wow!!!! Love it all!!!!! You have such a nice collection of coral!!!!

I got my polyp of CAR. It's so tiny :lol: I'm not sure if there is a photo of it on my thread. I'll get one next time I post some pictures.

Thanks Gena. :)

I'll be waiting on that pic!

Hey man, I've been kinda following your tank, I just got my A350W this weekend and am loving it, nice to see another person on the forum with the same fixture. Wish I could make my tank look as amazing as yours.

Deleted User 4

Wait, I thought you had an anemone?? bta? lol

Nice pictures though haha, would it be crazy to add a dwarf eel into an ada mini L dominated by anemones? LOL

This tank is well on it's way to becoming a major Shizz!!!!

Thanks for the compliment, idk if it's major Shizz though. Lol!

^^

There's some really nice stuff in there :)

Thanks! I should get a better top down photo of the speckled fire ice, they really took off.

Hey man, I've been kinda following your tank, I just got my A350W this weekend and am loving it, nice to see another person on the forum with the same fixture. Wish I could make my tank look as amazing as yours.

Hey Vort! Glad you picked up the Kessil 350, I love it. Mine's the narrow, not the 350W. Hope to see you around the threads. Interesting quote on your sig btw.

Wait, I thought you had an anemone?? bta? lol

Nice pictures though haha, would it be crazy to add a dwarf eel into an ada mini L dominated by anemones? LOL

I do, my sunburst? It's in hiding since I moved some corals around it got mad at me. And yup, it would be!

Crazy is not the right term...is it possible? Should I consider it? LOL

Nah, I wouldn't. I have to feed her a lot, she will eat inverts so I can't keep any even though I really want a pair of harlies and have anemone shrimps again. Small fish are always a possibility of being eaten. Oh, and you have to literally cover every single escape possibility. Mine found a small hole and used it to climb over and into the back chambers. They're escape artists! So just a 100% escape proof hood (also has to be sure to prevent from going to overflows etc), no inverts, and you're cool with feeding frozen food ever 1-2 days then go for one! But they get 12" long, how big is your new tank going to be?

Deleted User 4
Nah, I wouldn't. I have to feed her a lot, she will eat inverts so I can't keep any even though I really want a pair of harlies and have anemone shrimps again. Small fish are always a possibility of being eaten. Oh, and you have to literally cover every single escape possibility. Mine found a small hole and used it to climb over and into the back chambers. They're escape artists! So just a 100% escape proof hood (also has to be sure to prevent from going to overflows etc), no inverts, and you're cool with feeding frozen food ever 1-2 days then go for one! But they get 12" long, how big is your new tank going to be?

LOLOLOL nvm,...... ahahha totally forgot about their feeeding part. The ada mini L is about 10g and is 18 x 12 x 9. lolololol

LOLOLOL nvm,...... ahahha totally forgot about their feeeding part. The ada mini L is about 10g and is 18 x 12 x 9. lolololol

Lol! Yeah, not a good idea my friend. I only had her in the 12 because I knew the upgrade was just around the corner.

Good looking update, where do you find most of your plates? I'd really like to find an exotic piece for my tank, but haven't had much luck other than a couple sunsets.

Archived