Top Shelf Aquatics

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohh, the nanocube? :)

Nope, that tank's shut down. Other not so nano tank. It's almost like a fowlr, but with corals.

Christ man, how am I supposed to keep up?! Save some awesome corals for the rest of us...
lololol

Can't stop, won't stop. Not until every nook and cranny is filled with cherry cherry cherry! :lockdown:

Btw Aaron, how are the sweepers on your favia? It's still on my "must have" list and I want to make sure I save space for it to properly grow.

THought I'd ask you first, but are interested in another plate coral mr. plate coral guy?

I'm thinking about selling/trading it...

LOL! No thanks man. I actually have to sell two of mine to make room for another one. This new one is my bday present to myself!

Can't stop, won't stop. Not until every nook and cranny is filled with cherry cherry cherry! :lockdown:

Btw Aaron, how are the sweepers on your favia? It's still on my "must have" list and I want to make sure I save space for it to properly grow.

Little to none. I've actually been surprised with this one's lack of desire to take food. Honestly, the longest I've seen reminded me of a war coral feeding, e.g, 1/4". Almost never out. It also doesn't grow quite like other favia's; rather than encrusting and having eyes appear on the new tissue, the existing eyes simply divide into 2 or 3 and it hasn't encrusted much since I got it. Somewhat odd.

Deleted User 4
THought I'd ask you first, but are interested in another plate coral mr. plate coral guy?

I'm thinking about selling/trading it...

Going sps only huh.

Nope, that tank's shut down. Other not so nano tank. It's almost like a fowlr, but with corals.

LOL! No thanks man. I actually have to sell two of mine to make room for another one. This new one is my bday present to myself!

When's your bday? I bought myself the mille pack for my bday... This Sunday

Little to none. I've actually been surprised with this one's lack of desire to take food. Honestly, the longest I've seen reminded me of a war coral feeding, e.g, 1/4". Almost never out. It also doesn't grow quite like other favia's; rather than encrusting and having eyes appear on the new tissue, the existing eyes simply divide into 2 or 3 and it hasn't encrusted much since I got it. Somewhat odd.

Looks like I don't have much to worry then. Darth maul favia and Angel Eyes. Must makes space. Odd about the encrusting/splitting part though. I've never kept a favia, but I'd imagine they'd encrust.

When's your bday? I bought myself the mille pack for my bday... This Sunday

Next sunday for me, LOL. Drinking a Johnny Walker and then heading to the library to study for some finals. Great bday huh?

Those candy apple reds are just wow!

They're one of my favs! I've only fragged them once.

50+?! Geeez, so many polyps! I'd love for mine to grow that large!

You'll get there. They grow pretty fast. I started with 5 polyps at around March or April.

L

Very nice plate collection, but those blastos are my favorite.

Same taste, they're still my fav as well.

You'll get there. They grow pretty fast. I started with 5 polyps at around March or April.

L

I'm pretty excited, they're one of my faves.

Damnn, you still have finals? Mine were just this week :)

Yuuuup!

Alrighty, got some more sticks! A Saramentosa and something that looks like a dragon, but it's green! I also have two more sticks coming in. I've had my eye on them, and I finally was able to frag a piece for myself! I'm really excited, hopefully they'll heal from fragging by next week.

But here are the goodies, and some other corals I've been light acclimating these past weeks but have been holding off on photos of.

Saramentosa, hard to get a picture that shows its color, so I tried a top down shot and the colors were spot on! PEs are very fluffy on this guy.

Saramentosa.jpg

Top Down, a gorgeous light green with bright pink tips. $10 frags are amazing at Neptunes.

SaramentosaTopDown.jpg

Green Dragon (correct me if I'm wrong, it's just the colony this frag came from reminded me of it):

GreenDragon.jpg

Top Down, a nice solid green. I just love the structure:

GreenDragonTop.jpg

I'll try to get a picture of the colony eventually.

While taking SPS pics, here's the Pink Lemonade. You can start to see colors are getting back to it. Go go go!

PinkLemonadetopgainingcolors.jpg

I just love taking photos of these, they're both easily in my top 5 favorite zoas. Can you see the extremely bright Candy Apple Orange underneath?

CARSpeckled.jpg

Yellow Jawbreakers:

YellowJawbreaker.jpg

And now my order from awhile ago:

TDF Purple Orchid:

TDFPurpleOrchid-1.jpg

TDF Shazaam:

Shazaam-1.jpg

Red Devil Discosoma, my holy grail of shrooms. Look how bright it is.

RedDevilDisco.jpg

Lol, I really ought to stop randomly bidding on items because I think they're pretty to see how high the bids go. Because now I just won a clam since I was the only bidder and I have no idea where to put it. It's pretty though, and a first for me. So I'll try to make some space for it.

socalclam.jpg

On another note, I finally picked up an ATO for the tank. The Tunze Osmolator Nano just came out, and you can't beat $100 for a great branded ATO that comes with the pump already. I decided to trial run it, and so far it's great. It's basically the same as the 5017 Osmolator but without the water level controller and infrared eye, costing the cost almost in half(ish). I don't know how JBJ is going to compete with Tunze.

TunzeOsmolatorNano-1.jpg

I am always in awe when I check out your tank thread. That clam is gorgeous!!!! I checked socal aquafarms out on eBay. I wasn't familiar with them. Looks like they are out of San Diego? They have amazing feedback too. That's great!!!! Have you purchased from them before?

I can't wait to see the clam in your tank!!!!!

Deleted User 4
I am always in awe when I check out your tank thread. That clam is gorgeous!!!! I checked socal aquafarms out on eBay. I wasn't familiar with them. Looks like they are out of San Diego? They have amazing feedback too. That's great!!!! Have you purchased from them before?

I've bought from them plenty of times. Their palys/zoas were the ones I've bought but I have to say as pleased I was with the corals I received, a few of them came with green bubble algae and hair algae...lol. Just a warning on pest algae but otherwise, the corals are exactly as pictured. And he can ship priority mail for ca residents which is only around $13.

Lol, I really ought to stop randomly bidding on items because I think they're pretty to see how high the bids go. Because now I just won a clam since I was the only bidder and I have no idea where to put it. It's pretty though, and a first for me. So I'll try to make some space for it.

socalclam.jpg

Hhahah their clams are nice man. But pretty pricey. Ask for priority mail man, I 've bought from him in the past and he would ship it to me for $13ish.

I've bought from them plenty of times. Their palys/zoas were the ones I've bought but I have to say as pleased I was with the corals I received, a few of them came with green bubble algae and hair algae...lol. Just a warning on pest algae but otherwise, the corals are exactly as pictured. And he can ship priority mail for ca residents which is only around $13.

Oh wow!!!! Only $13????? Do they have a regular website or is it only eBay? I have received frags with bubble algae and hair algae. In fact, my most recent purchase had just that. I think the only vendor that I've never had an issue with unwanted HH's has been with Reef Gardener. She is just awesome like that :)

Deleted User 4
Oh wow!!!! Only $13????? Do they have a regular website or is it only eBay? I have received frags with bubble algae and hair algae. In fact, my most recent purchase had just that. I think the only vendor that I've never had an issue with unwanted HH's has been with Reef Gardener. She is just awesome like that :)

I see. Umm, I think they only have ebay...lol. But the good thing about this seller is, all his corals are mounted to live rock rather than frag disks/plugs. That's a plus, but yes a few of the rock portions might possibly have bubble/hair algae lol.

And yes I think it's $12 or $13....don't quite remember because the last time I purchased from him was a few months back.

Nice new clam Buddy. I'm going to have to look at the Tunze nano ATO. Any opinion on the differene between the 2 ?

It's great so far, no complaints. Everything is the same except for the laser eye and the Water Level Controller (this also means no alarm if your reservoir is low on water, or your sump is overflowing). I still would have preferred the 5017 just for the added security, but the price is great and Tunze is a great company.

Rather than compare the Tunze with its older brother, I think it's meant to be compared with the JBJ ATO since they're in the same price range.

This is my first purchase from them, but I think Ben/IIX has purchased from them a few times.

Hhahah their clams are nice man. But pretty pricey. Ask for priority mail man, I 've bought from him in the past and he would ship it to me for $13ish.

^There you go! You've already bought from them. I wasn't qualified for cheaper shipping since I'm from the Bay vs SoCal like you.

Deleted User 4
It's great so far, no complaints. Everything is the same except for the laser eye and the Water Level Controller (this also means no alarm if your reservoir is low on water, or your sump is overflowing). I still would have preferred the 5017 just for the added security, but the price is great and Tunze is a great company.

Rather than compare the Tunze with its older brother, I think it's meant to be compared with the JBJ ATO since they're in the same price range.

This is my first purchase from them, but I think Ben/IIX has purchased from them a few times.

^There you go! You've already bought from them. I wasn't qualified for cheaper shipping since I'm from the Bay vs SoCal like you.

Aww, that sucks!! Well, that clam looks pretty killer and small haha. :)

Archived