Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

I'm afraid Saphira might have to stay in the NC12. I think she may eat my next Tiger Blenny. And haha, will do on those corals and nem! I was going to go with the wide until I saw your tank with the narrow. Looked perfect with yours and is definitely perfect with mine! It's pretty cool how we both have 25 cubes. I'm running my Kessil... At the intensity of a thousand suns. Aka 100%. LOL.

GDM's deserve to be in 18" cubes - feel free to send her to me when you send those corals.

How long are you burning up those poor corals for each day? I just bumped mine up to 100% white 75% blue B)

It's coming up on my birthday so I may to splurge on some goodies for myself so I can stop drooling over yours... I should hit up everyone that I gave frags away to over the years. Damn this hobby is expensive :P

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you may have a very hungry Moray Eel. Should be okay with Clowns and other fish of that size, but anything smaller might not be so wise...

Looks like you have the 'Big-boy' Kessil now :) I have heard that they throw out quite a bit of light.

Following along...

Thanks R,

Definitely agree with you on that. I'm thinking of leaving her in the NC12 as a tank for herself since I plan on having nice fish. Then again, I'm fairly spontaneous and she most likely will end up in the Solana anyways when I feel like breaking down the 12. Haha! The larger Kessil is great! I love how I can manual dim it. It's cool how I can make everything blue when I feel like seeing colors pop and then white when I want that more natural look.

GDM's deserve to be in 18" cubes - feel free to send her to me when you send those corals.

How long are you burning up those poor corals for each day? I just bumped mine up to 100% white 75% blue B)

It's coming up on my birthday so I may to splurge on some goodies for myself so I can stop drooling over yours... I should hit up everyone that I gave frags away to over the years. Damn this hobby is expensive :P

Haha, Saphira stays with me. She's my baby. B)

I decided to bump the light down now that I've added some mushrooms into the tank. I was running at 100% because my zoas were lower in the tank and before they were only about 5" away from a Kessil 150 in a shallow frag tank. I run it for about 9 hours so that I can view it before I leave my for classes and it's still on when I come home from being out. This is how I've been running all my other tanks as well.

And yes... this hobby is very expensive. But that's partly because when people like me and you have been in this hobby for awhile and are successful, we tend to have more expensive and exquisite taste. Lol!

FTS:

FTSSept14.jpg

Ricordea Island:

RicIsland.jpg

Left Island Top Down:

LeftIsland.jpg

Left Island Top Down w/ Poseidon:

LeftIslandPoseidon.jpg

CARs (Candy Apple Reds):

CAR.jpg

PZ Speckled Fire and Ice:

SpeckledFireIce-1.jpg

Rare Mushroom Island:

RareMushroom.jpg

So far 2 Sunset Rhodactus' and a Blue Rim Nuclear makes the island. Hopefully a jawbreaker in the future when I can find one at a good price.

Always dig yer pics!

Captain Jack, lol! My son and I are in the middle of watching the Torchwood series, after just finishing Dr. Who. Great series!.

I decided to bump the light down now that I've added some mushrooms into the tank. I was running at 100% because my zoas were lower in the tank and before they were only about 5" away from a Kessil 150 in a shallow frag tank. I run it for about 9 hours so that I can view it before I leave my for classes and it's still on when I come home from being out. This is how I've been running all my other tanks as well.

And yes... this hobby is very expensive. But that's partly because when people like me and you have been in this hobby for awhile and are successful, we tend to have more expensive and exquisite taste. Lol!

Expensive and exquisite. You nailed it. My girlfriend thinks it's just the former, I know it's the latter ;)

Always dig yer pics!

Captain Jack, lol! My son and I are in the middle of watching the Torchwood series, after just finishing Dr. Who. Great series!.

Thanks Spirofucci! Ah, it looks like a great series indeed! Wiki says it's a spin off of Dr. Who but still has amazing ratings.

Hi Buddy, I found this journal just now.

Can't wait to see it develop.

L

Good to see you back on the forums Lljdma! Can't wait to see that 30 polyps colony of God of Wars. I finally got my hands on a polyp and it's by far one of my favorites!

Expensive and exquisite. You nailed it. My girlfriend thinks it's just the former, I know it's the latter ;)

Yes. Exquisite. This hobby is art!

Love the candy red apples ahah!

Thanks man, love those new blastos you got! I need to get me some nicer blastos!

On a side note, I don't know what happened to Tigger, my Tiger Blenny. He just disappeared in the NC12 along with my yasha gobies. I'm beginning to suspect that Saphira, the Golden Dwarf Moray Eel, is growing and had some very expensive dinners. I'm hesitant to add her into this tank now.

Well, that didn't work out too well. Look at that fatty...

Saphira.jpg

Way cool! That was fantastic! If it were me I would not have use tongs, just my fingers. :lol:

Many thanks. I've tried using my fingers before but the mysis shrimp are just too small. Using the tweezers is much easier and keeps my hands from smelling shrimpy.

Everything looks awesome. I love your zoas and palys

Thanks Criley7, hopefully they grow well. Love the one on your avatar.

That is one fat, healthy eel :)

BTW - Your single Speckled Fire'n'Ice polyp has now added a few more. If this keeps going I'll have a whole field of these in no time :)

She sure is!

That's great to hear about the Speckles, looks like I definitely gave them to the right person to care for! I'll be looking for updated pics of them.

damn that nem is amazing.

where did you find one?

Got it from a LFS! It's on the smaller side though.

Ooooooo very nice!

:)

Nice video! Love that male picasso.

Thanks IIX, did you notice that he's missing a pelvic fin?

Very nice 'Nem. From what I have read its a variant of Entacmaea quadricolor that originated in the Colorado area.

You're right, I bought it as a Colorado Sunburst Anemone. Owner said it was lineaged to Gonzo, so it's a Gonzo Sunburst. Just good to know it's from a well known morph and won't be changing colors on me much. I was eyeing it for a few months and decided to jump on it when the price lowered.

You should really add a signature for this tank lol.

Haha, I should shouldn't I? I already forgot how to make one.

Update:

I finally moved all of the corals from the 12DX to the Solana. I now have my acan corner. Still need to find a few more cherry pieces, but here are some of the acans I own now sitting in the solana.

Candycane Acan:

candystripeacan_zps1c36114f.jpg

Neptune's Orange Rainbow:

NeptunesOrangeRainbow_zps2ab73a95.jpg

Lilac-Green Acan:

purpleacan_zpsc3df005c.jpg

Striped Orange Rainbow Acan:

stripedrainbowacan_zpsec393746.jpg

Archived